Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2007 edited
    Fry's Electronics Credit Card Application  

Have you guys heard of the new promotion their running for people who get customer approved for a Fry's Credit Card? Its something like you get a card approved your entered into some sort of jack pot. What do you guys think about this? What do you guys think about the selection on Fry's Financing. I personally think it sucks and I think they need to have it on more items.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's credit card inquiry
    No longer req' to ask cust' about Fry's Credit Cards
    Frys Credit Card is Really Scam!!!!
    Fry's Electronics Credit Card Promotions
    Fry's owns First Electronic Corporation dba First Electronic Bank aka Fry's Credit Card
  2.  permalink
    Fry's is really lame with their credit card. They have a super high interest rate and the products they have for their 0% percent finance is like 10. It's ridiculous. I feel like Fry's is like an evil company, comparable to at&t and microsoft.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    Frys = Greedy = Profit hungry company = I wish they went Public so someone can change up their stupid managementFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    Like I've said before, all retail stores do this the same way. All stores have just about the same APR on their cards, and I'd love to see one of you find a independent store credit card that has a substantially lower APR.  

Best Buy, CompUSA, Sears, Circuit City, Lowes, Home Depot... All of them have the same in-store credit cards... And all of them work the exact same way with 0% financing promotions as well.  

All retailers push it the same way too, and have quotas for employees... So yah, nothing overtly evil or sinister on the part of Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2007
    Rab, if you give out credit with a 23% interest rate to those who are dead broke to use it, you're evil no matter what the situation is. Evil just like GWB, his friend Dick, and the rest of this cronies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    People who are dead broke don't get the cards.  

It also seems your view on good and evil fall strangely suspect to the influence of politics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    people who are not dead broke don't use a card at 23% apr, apparently many fry's customers use the fry's card.  

business and politics intertwine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2007
    I use the frys card to manage my expenses. I pay it off in full when I get the bill. They don't make department store cards for nothing.i am a worm.
  3.  permalink
    The Fry's credit card interest rate is a bit too high. I guess that's business.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheATM
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    I love my Fry's Card, but I mostly use it for purchases in the Cafe and on Breaks so I don't have to carry change around. My first purchase on the card was actually a coke that my supervisor at the time had to password with the temporary card. Good times, good times.  

I was actually going to 0% finance a TV that was eligible for it, but my credit line was short by $3 for it(even after increasing it by $400), and my manager wouldn't cut me a discount (you can't use 0% financing and AP together) so I got a loan from my parents and used my discount to get a better TV for much less.  

I'm typically a Credit Card deadbeat though (ie, paying off the card on time).  

We would get even more Fry's Credit Apps in software if we had anything from our department on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    What credit score is required to get a Fry's card. My friend tells me that most people don't even qualify.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhumanoid
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2007
    @ flea, Yes, its true. It started at mine, #32, that everytime you got an approved frys card. You automatically entered a weekend drawing of a jackpot. The pot is taken from the $2 you earned from the approved card. Winner get all. More cards, more money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2007
    Sucks for you guys... lol they should put all your sale commission in a pot and the guy that makes the most takes it all!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007
    I found this link to manage your frys credit card account Frys Credit Card. Though you can't sign up for one there.Howard Dean for America '08
  4.  permalink
    theyve been doing that jackpot thing at store 15 for like the past year and a half.  
    honestly if people are broke they shouldnt be spending money to buy stuff they dont needi love it when they call me big papa
  5.  permalink
    there was a couple that came into the store once and filled up a whole cart full of stuff. they were gonna buy everything they ever wanted, not needed but wanted. the way they had planed on paying for all that stuff was with the frys card they were gonna apply for, they thought it was instant approval automatically for everyone cause of the poster on the wall that said instant approval, in the end they and there kids had also eaten alot of chips and sodas and candy and i mean alot and they were gonna put that on the frys card too. after they got denied they didnt even have enought money to pay for the food. they ended up having to talk to lp. they tried to get them to pay for the food, but in the end they felt so bad they just said forget it  

this is an example of poor people spending what they dont have. this is why there broke all the time because they like to go on spending spreas and put them selves in debt that they will never come out ofi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Stop trying to bring back old threads. Theres a reason nobody's replied since July.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Where am I?
  6.  permalink
    AyaHu:Stop trying to bring back old threads. Theres a reason nobody's replied since July.

Everyone listen to the hottie she has a point.
  7.  permalink
    at my store if u miss ur dept frys card quota u have to be at frys at 7 am saturday for a class!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    I hate Fry's cards. The average citizen has about eight thousand dollars in credit card debt. I feel dirty when I help customers fill out the application. People that actually have the money to spend would never get a Fry's card, it has no benefits!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    Sasquatch: I hate Fry's cards. The average citizen has about eight thousand dollars in credit card debt. I feel dirty when I help customers fill out the application. People that actually have the money to spend would never get a Fry's card, it has no benefits!

I got scammed into a Best Buy card once. Now I have this card, and its useless, I barely use it... waste of time... and apr...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Fry's credit card is a shit deal. The only incentive is the special financing, and most customers either have shit credit, and don't think they would get accepted, or they are paying for their $3000 TV with a debit card, and obviously have no need for financing.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Fuck financing. Put that TV on layaway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    flea: Fry's credit card is a shit deal. The only incentive is the special financing, and most customers either have shit credit, and don't think they would get accepted, or they are paying for their $3000 TV with a debit card, and obviously have no need for financing.

Damn right.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Seriously though. 0% financing on select items? That's not a perk... Just get a standard credit card with twelve months 0% and buy whatever the hell you want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008 edited
    Sasquatch: Seriously though. 0% financing on select items? That's not a perk... Just get a standard credit card with twelve months 0% and buy whatever the hell you want.

For the frys cards its not buy whatever you want. its only on overpriced select crap items.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008 edited
    Sasquatch: Seriously though. 0% financing on select items? That's not a perk... Just get a standard credit card with twelve months 0% and buy whatever the hell you want.

Then you pull out your amex card and read why customers get all high and mighty about having an amex card:  
    http://frysforum.com/discussion/522/why-do-some-customers-get-all-high-and-mighty-about-having-an-amex-card/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    Hail the mighty Amex! (Or not!)Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    my dept. manager literally said, and i quoted,target to those who dont speak English (Dept. 12 manager at Fountain Valely)
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    Guest: my dept. manager literally said, and i quoted,target to those who dont speak English (Dept. 12 manager at Fountain Valely)

Also give them out to people who do not have valid socials or identification.
  9.  permalink
    sarahkay626: at my store if u miss ur dept frys card quota u have to be at frys at 7 am saturday for a class!

Do you get paid for it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    Joshua:
    sarahkay626: at my store if u miss ur dept frys card quota u have to be at frys at 7 am saturday for a class!

Do you get paid for it?

You get paid for anything training related. You just don't get paid much. The training is an hour.
  10.  permalink
    asdf:
    Guest: my dept. manager literally said, and i quoted,target to those who dont speak English (Dept. 12 manager at Fountain Valely)

They tend to get higher approved limits than people with normal credit and history. I signed some lady who didn't speak a lick of english and she got approved for $4k.
  11.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:
    asdf:

They tend to get higher approved limits than people with normal credit and history. I signed some lady who didn't speak a lick of english and she got approved for $4k.

Hmm, this does seem true is certain ways. I applied for Fry's card and got denied- which is understandable because I haven't established my credit yet.  

However, my friend applied for Fry's Card and put in fake SS and got approved. I thought this was a fluke and total bull- but then I had another friend who applied, and he told me for his SS he put 000-00-0000 and he got approved too! I'm questioning whether or not I should do that to get approved credit lol.  

As long as you make the payment on within the 1st month, the interest shouldn't be able to bite you at all... plus I'm interested in establishing and working up my credit score.  

Anyhow, this seems true cause a lot of people that are foreign don't usually have social security, or id, so a lot of workers can get sneaky and just have them sign up with fake information- saying that it's not necessary. I wonder if Fry's actually expects this stuff and accepts their crappy info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    well if that is the case sweet deal for cc fraud that makes you completely free to do what you want and not liable for anything if you play your cards right .............. >_> .. <_< .. >_> .. <_<Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    You cant work up or establish credit with a fake Social Security. The two are directly linked. Try a student Credit Card and keep all of your utilities in your name.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well yeah and have the fake stuff when you dont feel like paying for stuff that is exactly how credit is set up. remember its their money so use it when you need it ......... or atleast want it ............ just make sure to have a police scanner and pay attention to fbi stuff. :face-angel:  

Disclaimer: I never directly elude to or indulge in any legal or illegal practice that may or may not be mentioned online.  

Disclaimer: the last Disclaimer is written in spanish  

Disclaimer: the last Disclaimer said in so many words the world may be a fake while every third word is German and every second is Italian.  

dont you love disclaimers everything you put in them is legal like animals were not necessarily hurt in the posting of this comment.  

yes I'm waiting for windows to format a virtual drive ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yay back to installing winblows disservice 2003Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    At least other stores have a visa or mastercard logo on their cards, so you can actually like use it. The fry's card is only good for a promo offer and you only buy those things like every ten years but the card deactivates after 1.5 years, so its really twice as useless as most cards.
  12.  permalink
    Everybody who says a company is evil for giving a poor person with no credit is an idiot is a complete fucking moron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    speak english please your with intelligent people so act it only i have the power to not use punctuation but you dontLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  13.  permalink
    I Totally disagree with Fry's Credit Card policy and the requirement that an employee get X number of applications per week. The Associate's job is to offer the card to the customer, the associate has NO control over whether or not a customer agrees to apply for the card. I know of someone who was fired today ONLY becuase they didn't convince enough customers to apply for a Fry's card over the past few weeks (that's what the associate counseling notice said). This same associate had recently been given an 87 secret shopper review score. I am telling EVERYONE I know about this absurd company policy and asking that people NOT shop at Fry's. Companies that treat their employees like this do not deserve to be in business.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    What sucks you have to signup quite a few people to get your 2 approved applications quota.
  14.  permalink
    Guest: I Totally disagree with Fry's Credit Card policy and the requirement that an employee get X number of applications per week. The Associate's job is to offer the card to the customer, the associate has NO control over whether or not a customer agrees to apply for the card. I know of someone who was fired today ONLY becuase they didn't convince enough customers to apply for a Fry's card over the past few weeks (that's what the associate counseling notice said). This same associate had recently been given an 87 secret shopper review score. I am telling EVERYONE I know about this absurd company policy and asking that people NOT shop at Fry's. Companies that treat their employees like this do not deserve to be in business.

Fake Frys cards are the way!!!!!!!!!! Either way you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you are going to get fired might as well take the risk. In some states, like GA, it is not against the law since no one got nor used a BS card. Tread lighty and know the law in your state. All 100% fake, BS info on the app will always get denied.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcasemods
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    Hey guys. I would like to buy a netbook from frys on payments. I only work part time and can't afford the entire cost all at once. Let's say the netbook is $300, what would the interest be? How much would I pay total? What are the lowest payments I can make each month?

1252404276231.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    get a credit card and make the minimum $10 a month payment and don't worry about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You might want to check with Best Buy as they have their own in house credit systems available. Gotta ask...why a netbook, and not a notebook/laptop?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Netbook=fun  
    Notebook=work  

Lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Because he's po.