Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    so i haven't worked @ Fry's in over a year and i got a second deferred compensation check from them and of course, federal tax is taken out. so does this mean i get to look forward to 13 MORE YEARS of having to wait for them to send me a w4 just to claim a few dollars in federal tax before i can do my taxes every year?  

A W E S O M E /sarcasm  

whats even MORE awesome? they're still taking out for employee medical and the check stub claims i still have 16 hours of unpaid holiday. i haven't worked there since november of 2008. RooFLz.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What is Fry's Deferred Compensation
    "Deferred compensation"
    Goodbye Deferred Compensation... Hello full commission?
    What do you think of Fry's suggested $1 Million devered compensation?
    Fry's Deffered Compensation..... what a joke
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I just got my Frys deferred compensation check. I got paid $10.47 but after taxes its $6.22. So do I just get these cheesy checks for the rest of my life?  

The check still says I have accrued holiday and personal days. How do I cash them out? Am I still considered an employee of Frys?
  2.  permalink
    Yes you will be considered a Fry's Employee FOREVER....FOREver.....forever...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    asdf: I just got my Frys deferred compensation check. I got paid $10.47 but after taxes its $6.22. So do I just get these cheesy checks for the rest of my life?  

The check still says I have accrued holiday and personal days. How do I cash them out? Am I still considered an employee of Frys?

You only get these checks for 15 years... that being sad.. it'd be better if they just sent you $150....Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    Fry's=Corrupted
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    yes they are corrupt cause they dont do lump sum payments
  4.  permalink
    asdf=funny lego'
    •  
      CommentAuthorBizz
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Our receiving dm retired last year ish. She worked with the company for about 12 years and they didn't even send her deferred comp... I hear there's a big law suit against the company involving deferred comp. Or at least it's in progress. Don't they tell you if you work with them for 10 years you get a mil in deferred comp? Nice.... If they'd pay upCollateral Damage
  5.  permalink
    From what I was told you had to work there for 7 years to get the deferred comp check after you quit. But I was there only 3 1/2 years and got mine. I whole 4.82 after taxes. And I too have the unpaid personal and holiday pay. I wonder if I put in a request for a holiday for xmas if I will get paid? Would be nice.
  6.  permalink
    Do it!
  7.  permalink
    There's no way to collect a lump sum? I'll be honest--I was young and dumb and I didn't read into the plan as much as I should have when I joined all those years ago. So glad that chapter of my working life is in the past.
  8.  permalink
    wow i got 1500.00 and i quit in july..i worked @ frys for 5years...hey @ least i got something from them for free
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    $1500 now means $1500/year for 15 years dude
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    I got my check today.. $44 which after taxes brings it to $26Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  9.  permalink
    Guest: There's no way to collect a lump sum? I'll be honest--I was young and dumb and I didn't read into the plan as much as I should have when I joined all those years ago. So glad that chapter of my working life is in the past.

That's their loss. It cost them more to send out those small little checks each year then it would cost to just send out one big one. They are the ones losing in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Guest: wow i got 1500.00 and i quit in july..i worked @ frys for 5years...hey @ least i got something from them for free

COOL STORY BRO  

cough*bullshit*cough  

seriously though, i wonder what would happen if i went in and filled out a holiday pay request form, seeing as how ive got 16 hours of holiday according to that deferred comp check i got a month ago (keep in mind i havent worked there in 14 months)
Add your comments