Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    So whats the new low price guarantee policy? I've heard it is changing in 2010.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    "You didn't pay full price unless you bought it at Fry's"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    exactlyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    but you forgot the "guaranteed"Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    when possible always ask for a discount.
  1.  permalink
    Do your homework guys, Fry's price matches Amazon if you ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    but do they pricematch craigslist or even neweggLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Guest: Do your homework guys, Fry's price matches Amazon if you ask.

Not so much. Amazon isn't a "local competitor."
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009 edited
    Amazon delivers locally where available. I did standard free shipping and my product came in 1 day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Price match is for items that are on sale at a local store and we have to call a local store to make sure they actually have inventory available. It is a huge pain in the ass to process for a sales person. There is also the 30 day low price guarantee, that will protect you if you buy an item at Fry's and it goes on sale within 30 days, they cover 110% of the difference.
  2.  permalink
    I bought a Samsung 40B750 at Frys last friday for $899 just came up today at NewEgg with code for $830. I am in LA area and so is NewEgg do you think they will price match?
  3.  permalink
    Costco?
  4.  permalink
    I priced matched Amazon a few times in the past myself.
  5.  permalink
    Make sure you like the TV and will keep it. Otherwise, it might be easier returning it to Fry's than to Newegg.
  6.  permalink
    fry wont match new egg.... ONLY RETAIL STORES THAT ARENT MEMBERSHIP STORES like sams club costco ect
  7.  permalink
    new policy frys price matches every reputable online retailer. newegg, bestbuy, buy.com, amazon. we dont match used goods, like some of the stuff that pops on amazon; craigslist, ebay, or small mom and pop stores. only thing is if they charge for shipping we have to include that otherwise its a strait.
  8.  permalink
    oh and we also now match membership stores, IF its the same model number, which having experience with cosco they tend to change some numbers on the packaging of otherwise identical items
  9.  permalink
    Does the associate lose the commission on price matches?
  10.  permalink
    yup, even on a low price guarantee, salesman loses commission
  11.  permalink
    Does FRYS in-store honor the 110% pricematch to local competitors? I have a local/national store that has the exact Apple Macbook Pro listed at $999 (in stock), So Frys shouldn't have a problem pricematching the $999+the extra 10%, right? Thanks for the help!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrysemployee
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011 edited
    The 10% applies to the difference so in your example there is a price difference of $0.99 (I am assuming Fry's has the same laptop for $999.99) so 10% of that is 9.9 cents so you would get it for $998.90 at Fry's using the price match guaranty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011 edited
    I just saw a paper ad online for Frys. They are now saying they will match any internet price to boot. So, I can now get the same price with Frys...so it all boils down who I trust and would rather do business with, not the price. Frys fails again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011
    But how easy is the price match. it's hard to get a sales associate to help if there's nothing in it for then.
  12.  permalink
    I'm a customer and like low prices as much as the next guy. Screwing an associate out of the commission sucks. If Fry's wants to adopt a price matching policy it should be a marketing decision. If Fry's thinks price matching will get them a higher profit at the end of the year, go for it. If not, don't. They shouldn't try to insure their decision by cutting commissions. I'd rather give my business to the store that will give me the low price up front. Stores with low price guarantees are just telling me that they aren't giving me their best price up front.
    Does the low price guarantee apply to food prices? Can I bring in a Denny's menu?
  13.  permalink
    Holy crap, there just isn't pleasing some people. And as a sales person I don't care about price matching. If someone has a printed paper in their hand, I just send them to the podium, DSIC will do the price match, not me and I move on.
  14.  permalink
    @FrysEmployee

No Frys has the Apple compouter listed at $1199 Shown Here: http://www.frys.com/product/6238000?site=sa:Apple Computer Pod:Pod1
    My local/nationwide store has theirs listed at $999.
  15.  permalink
    In that case you would get it for $979 at Fry's.
  16.  permalink
    Does Frys price match with Micro Center? Micro Center is going to be selling the new Intel 2600k CPU for $279.99, but the ad says $369.99 with an instant $90 rebate. Frys computer has the same CPU listed at $319.99. Will Frys price match the $279.99 price, or will they ignore the "instant rebate" and consider the actual price $369.99. I'd rather buy it at Frys because Micro Center is a 45 minute drive and Frys is 5 minutes away.
  17.  permalink
    I DONT THINK THEY WOULD PRICE MATCH MICROCENTER, BUT CHECK IT OUT AND LET US KNOW.
  18.  permalink
    Where are the guys with all the answers when we really need them?
  19.  permalink
    Well it was a dumb question, why wouldn't they price match with Microcenter?
  20.  permalink
    Price match MicroCenter? Probably depends on where you are. The best prices at MicroCenter are frequently limited to "store pickup only." I think the Fry's policy refers to matching a "local competitor." If you have a MicroCenter nearby, Fry's should match. If you don't have a local MicroCenter I'll bet Fry's won't match.
  21.  permalink
    We just started price matching with online retailers such as Newegg, so I don't see why not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    Will they price match tax?  

When I purchase from Amazon from California I don't pay state tax.
  22.  permalink
    No. What kind of dumb question is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    RandomFryGuy: No. What kind of dumb question is that?

It was a rhetorical question. Figured you'd be smart enough to figure that out. If Frys matches NewEggs price, but you have to pay tax....then it is not equal price. It's still higher.
  23.  permalink
    You're still required to pay sales tax on online purchases even if the merchant doesn't collect them from you. Contact your comptrollers office for the info.
  24.  permalink
    You also have to pay the "Delievered price" which includes shipping if there is any. Most of the time, newegg and amazon has free shipping. And yes we do match microcenter
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011
    Guest: You're still required to pay sales tax on online purchases even if the merchant doesn't collect them from you. Contact your comptrollers office for the info.

You should change yer nick from "Guest 38521" to "Guess 38521". I am required to pay NO SALES TAX on any purchase out of state. PERIOD. This includes NewEgg, one reason why I shop there alot...Tiger Direct having stores in my state, I would have to pay tax even if I ordered online....same with Frys online.
  25.  permalink
    Problem with policy like this is that each individual store/supervisor makeup its own rules to fit their need. For example I went in to price match a item that costs $70.00 at fry to internet store selling it for $40. Because of big price different, they told me they will be adding shipping charge ($5) what other store was charging to the cost of the item. So instead of paying $40 plus tax , I end up paying $40+$5 (shipping)+tax...under their so call price guarantee. Unless this is normal written policy...I have problem with this.
  26.  permalink
    "Consumers who live in a state that collects sales tax are technically required to pay the tax to the state even when an Internet retailer doesn't collect it. When consumers are required to pay tax directly to the state, it is referred to as "use" tax rather than sales tax."

Excerpt from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/article-29919.html .
  27.  permalink
    FFS do a FAQ search on newegg.com for "tax" and it will tell you the same thing...
  28.  permalink
    Guest: Problem with policy like this is that each individual store/supervisor makeup its own rules to fit their need. For example I went in to price match a item that costs $70.00 at fry to internet store selling it for $40. Because of big price different, they told me they will be adding shipping charge ($5) what other store was charging to the cost of the item. So instead of paying $40 plus tax , I end up paying $40+$5 (shipping)+tax...under their so call price guarantee. Unless this is normal written policy...I have problem with this.

We do that in my store sometimes, so I guess it isn't just one store's policy. I honestly don't think any of this crap is codified.  

And on the tax issue, no one would ever enforce you to send in sales tax for online purchases, although certain states do seem to want to tax incoming goods from out of state it seems, such as New York.
  29.  permalink
    I work in the computers section in las vegas. We will price match all internet prices quit being stupid guys maybe try calling and asking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011
    Guest: "Consumers who live in a state that collects sales tax are technically required to pay the tax to the state even when an Internet retailer doesn't collect it. When consumers are required to pay tax directly to the state, it is referred to as "use" tax rather than sales tax."  

Excerpt from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/article-29919.html .

Fuck taxes. This "use tax" sounds like the international European Union VAT (Value-Added Tax).  

Figure in California sales tax and income taxes I am paying about $2000 a month in taxes.
  30.  permalink
    That's a bitch ASDF. You're making too much money...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    I'd have to disagree. The more you make the more they take.
  31.  permalink
    "I am required to pay NO SALES TAX on any purchase out of state. PERIOD. This includes NewEgg, one reason why I shop there alot...Tiger Direct having stores in my state, I would have to pay tax even if I ordered online....same with Frys online."

You live in Texas right? In California when you punch in your zipcode on newegg, it automatically adds sales tax. So the sales tax thing is going to be different from store to store depending on the state. But this whole online price match thing isn't just some fad. This comes straight from Randy Fry and is apparently permanent. As far as saying "newegg won't charge me sales tax," it's your choice to pay the tax or wait for the delivery. The store doesn't make any money off of the tax so we won't match a taxless price.
  32.  permalink
    frys does match microcenter, however the item MUST be in stock and we can limit the quanity to 1. So you cant come i and buy all or cpus for their price when they have none. also, it is part of the policy that shipping and handeling be included, if it is there. ie if newegg has a, buy $50 over and no s/h then we dont add it. if amazon adds $1 for normal s/h then we do. we are price matching the final internet checkout price.
  33.  permalink
    I've been looking at P67 motherboards and noticed that Fry's pricing is within a few dollars of Newegg. Good job Fry's. Does the Fry's associate still get a commission on a price match?