Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjaay5389
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    i've tried as hard as i could to get out f dorw. i am in draw for 181 dollars. tomarrow will be my 4th week in draw. should i turnin a 2 weeks otice so i dno not get fired? i would assume quitting instead of getting fired would sound much better on another application. i really enjoy this job but doubi would be able to get out ofdraw. i need to turn in the 2 weeks notice tomarrow because that is when i enter my 4th week in draw. please advise me on what should do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    quit, its better than getting fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjaay5389
    probably will put in the 2 weeks tomarrow then. Maybe i can negotiate with my boss that if i get out of draw in the 2 weeks, we can pretend i never put the 2 weeks in in the first place. If i am still in draw in 2 weeks then they let me go because i quit. Thanks for your input asdf. I love working here. I loved serving the customers, And i really enjoyed the team. Dammit
  1.  permalink
    What you can do is tell your boss you plan to quit in two weeks if you can't make it out of draw, and then just turn in the VQ on the last day and make it effective immediately. You're still giving notice, but you're also not putting in paper work that is much harder to "undo" if you happen to get out of draw.
  2.  permalink
    TO EXIT THE DRAW, IF YOU ARE WORKING 7 HOUR SHIFTS, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING.

ONLY WORK 5 HOUR SHIFT, AND STAY ON THE OFF CLOCK FOR 2 MORE HOURS, GETTING YOU ONLY 5 HORAS OF ACTUALLY PAID WORK. THIS WILL HELP REDUCE AND CHIP AWAY ATH THE MONIES YOU MAY OWE TO THE COMPANY OF THE FRYS.

SECONDLY, YOU MAY WORK OFF THE CLICK WHEN YOU ARE COMPLETED YOUR SHIFT. SO YOU STAY AT FRYS FOR 8 HOURS BUT CLOCK IN FOR 7.

THIRDLY, INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY EATING DURING LUNCH FOR 1 HORAS, YOU EAT IN 4 MINTS, THEN SPEND HTE REST OF THE TIME WORKING WHILE ON THE LUNCH PERIOD PROMOTIONAL PERIOD.

THIS WILL HELP, ABLEIT ILLEAGAL AND PROBABLY UNSAFE BUT YOU HAVE WISDOM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    You may want to quit soon. It will be hard to find a job after the holidays.  

Put in your 2 weeks today and tell your supervisor to not turn it in if you get out of draw. They don't actually send those VQ notices to home office until your 2 weeks are up.
  3.  permalink
    Yea, nevermind the fact that if he works off the clock and gets hurt, he's hosed since he wasn't on company time. Working off the clock is the stupidest thing you could ever do at any job.
  4.  permalink
    Maybe the reason why you cannot make draw is the same reason you cannot type. Take your time on both.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjaay5389
    Guest: Maybe the reason why you cannot make draw is the same reason you cannot type. Take your time on both.

I was typing that on my lunch break on my phone. I am very educated in technology. Do not assume that i am ignorant just because i work at frys and i missed some letters on my phone. Get off me, you internet cop.  
    Anyways, Thanks everyone. I will do what ASDF and guest 13318 advised as it is the best solution to the problem. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Just curious - did you sign a contract that requires you to product X amount in sales?
  5.  permalink
    Quit. But for the rest of your life, never tell anyone you worked at Fry's. If anyone asks about these few weeks, tell them you were visiting family in Pennsylvania. That way, no one will ever know or care whether you quit or were fired. Of course, if you write your autobiography some day, you'll have to learn how to spell Pennsylvania.
  6.  permalink
    I assumed you're ignorant because you cannot type AND sell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjaay5389
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010
    Guest: I assumed you're ignorant because you cannot type AND sell.

I think its "type OR sell". But what would i know, i'm ignorant right? All good. I am not worthy of your master selling skills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010
    jaay5389:
    Guest: I assumed you're ignorant because you cannot type AND sell.

I think its "type OR sell". But what would i know, i'm ignorant right? All good. I am not worthy of your master selling skills.

I can barely text and drive.
Add your comments