Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpookfaux
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2011
    Hi guys, first post here. I've been trawling through the threads for a few hours now looking for some insider info as to how Frys acquires their goods and I've come up with nothing. Basic reasoning tells me they get their big name products (monster) direct from sales personell affiliated with the manufacturer, but where do their smaller, less popular products come from? I ask because I've got a whole buttload of brand new cables my warehouse guys came across, and I want a local Frys to buy them from me. So far calling the stores has yielded a lot of 'I don't known who you would talk to' from the employees, not that it's their fault I don't know who to talk to :p  

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Should I try smaller local retailers? Thanks for the help guys, I'm not trying to sell you anything xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Are you prepared to sell your soul to the Devil in hopes that Fry's might do business with you? All purchasing is handled out of their home office.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpookfaux
    ObiWan: Are you prepared to sell your soul to the Devil in hopes that Fry's might do business with you? All purchasing is handled out of their home office.

I'm prepared to do what it takes to move this product off of my warehouse floor while still making some money. A long as im showing even a meager +profit somewhere, im willing to do it. Exchange of souls non-permissible.  

When you say home office, are you referring to someone like a sales manager literally working from home? If so, how in the world does one get in contact with those folks, their in store management is vault-like.
  1.  permalink
    call corporate, 4084874500 ask for computers director, dave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Fry's home office, as in their corporate offices - which are in Palo Alto.
  2.  permalink
    @obiwan

Home Office is in San Jose, off Brokaw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: @obiwan  

Home Office is in San Jose, off Brokaw.

Thanx
  3.  permalink
    Spookfaux: I'm prepared to do what it takes to move this product off of my warehouse floor while still making some money. A long as im showing even a meager +profit somewhere, im willing to do it. Exchange of souls non-permissible.

Have you thought about selling the cables yourself? You'd make more money, and it might even grow into a multi-state electronics chain which topples Fry's! I'm guessing these aren't name-brand cables, why not sell them for cheap as Spookfaux brand cables?
    •  
      CommentAuthorislandwank
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012
    Spookfaux: Hi guys, first post here. I've been trawling through the threads for a few hours now looking for some insider info as to how Frys acquires their goods and I've come up with nothing. Basic reasoning tells me they get their big name products (monster) direct from sales personell affiliated with the manufacturer, but where do their smaller, less popular products come from? I ask because I've got a whole buttload of brand new cables my warehouse guys came across, and I want a local Frys to buy them from me. So far calling the stores has yielded a lot of 'I don't known who you would talk to' from the employees, not that it's their fault I don't know who to talk to :p  

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Should I try smaller local retailers? Thanks for the help guys, I'm not trying to sell you anything xD

If you actually did knew marketing or business, you would know that Fry's goes straight to the manufacturer and skips the middle man. A lot of retailers do this in order to get the customer the best price and save money while doing it. Why would a store go through a local vendor, that is going to the manufacturer directly? That just seems like a big waste of money in my opinion :face-plain:. If you want to sell those items fast, I would suggest selling them yourself. Fry's wont buy the cable from you, cause you don't have a stock that will keep coming in. However, the manufacturer of the cables does; cause it is their product.  

Not trying to bag on you, but why would you go on a third party website that is hosted in a different country to ask such a question. When you could of easily called Fry's, where they would have given you the number to the home office. The home office is the head quarters of Fry's, where they deal with such things as this. I'm sorry, but I really don't know how you don't know any better. Please learn marketing tactics before making yourself look stupid :face-plain:.
Add your comments