Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    Let's think of all the ways Fry's can screw this up...  

Fry's Electronics Fires Up Inkjet Cartridge Refilling  

Retail on-site inkjet refilling is getting a big boost today as Fry's Electronics, Inc. announces a new program that saves customers up to 60% on printing.  
    The service will offer Fry's customers significant savings vs. new cartridges without sacrificing quality. Customers bring in their empty cartridges to the Service Department for on-site inkjet cartridge refilling while they shop.  
    "Once we found a solution that delivers like-new quality, it was an easy decision to offer this service to our customers," said Jeff Staat, Director of Service Operations at Fry's. Fry's is rolling out the program nationwide Q1 of this year.  

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9152740.htm
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Will Fry's ever offer PSCs on tablets?
    Do you think Frys will start to fire people because of the economy after Xmas?
    Why doesn't Fry's offer this service?
    Frys to offer Layaway
    Who knows what Bait & Switch Items Fry's will have this Black Friday 2008?
  2.  permalink
    new ink cartridges gave good commission.....
  3.  permalink
    Unless you have Epson cartridges, which they will not touch.
  4.  permalink
    I'm sure they'll find some way to mess this up.
  5.  permalink
    Jeff Staat is the biggest dope ever. 6 years working for that goofus...FBF, the OFFICIAL home of Fry's Electronics Black Friday 2012 Ad Scans!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3576
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012
    I feel bad first, for the poor technician who gets stuck in a corner refilling ink all day. Secondly for the poor guy who signs a waiver saying that he has to pay even if we destroy his ink, and we lose his business forever over some petty 20 dollar refill. I sense the beginning of a massive epic failure.
  6.  permalink
    Guest: and we lose his business forever over some petty 20 dollar refill

If everyone who said they're never shopping at Fry's again actually meant it, Fry's would have gone bankrupt ages ago. Fry's customers are determined masochists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorislandwank
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    Sorry Fry's Electronics, but Ink Refills went out the window about 3 years ago. Why? Well, you dumb sack of shits people found out that refilling the cartridges actually ruined the printer. Please try something else that isn't as worthless as this idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    If people want to do it, let em. Fry's isn't the only place that does ink refill's. Costco, Walgreens, Staples, Office Max, and several other stores all offer ink refills. Fry's just want's a piece of the pie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    islandwank: Sorry Fry's Electronics, but Ink Refills went out the window about 3 years ago. Why? Well, you dumb sack of shits people found out that refilling the cartridges actually ruined the printer. Please try something else that isn't as worthless as this idea.

Somebodys been taking there owners manual too seriously. You DO realise they say that because they want you coming back for their mucho expensive ink don't you? Been buying refilled carts off eBay for 6 yrs, and haven't ruined a printer yet, and get GREAT looking prints, and save about 75%. I really don't know if I'd allow a Frys monkey refill anything tho.
    •  
      CommentAuthorislandwank
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    skullywag:
    islandwank: Sorry Fry's Electronics, but Ink Refills went out the window about 3 years ago. Why? Well, you dumb sack of shits people found out that refilling the cartridges actually ruined the printer. Please try something else that isn't as worthless as this idea.

Somebodys been taking there owners manual too seriously. You DO realise they say that because they want you coming back for their mucho expensive ink don't you? Been buying refilled carts off eBay for 6 yrs, and haven't ruined a printer yet, and get GREAT looking prints, and save about 75%. I really don't know if I'd allow a Frys monkey refill anything tho.

Not saying refills are bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    islandwank:
    skullywag:

Not saying refills are bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Well, if you don't reccomend it....I'm going to stop immediately. Judging from your insightful replies, you are clearly an expert in all you speak of.
  7.  permalink
    Guest: and we lose his business forever over some petty 20 dollar refill

I have been using Costco for refills for a while now and they work fine have had no problems with my printers. I believe that Frys is using the same machine to refill as Costco does.
  8.  permalink
    following up from previous writer above. Jeff statt is a good guy met him personally and can say nothing but good things now the district team are total retards dont know anything and expect you to know everything. Remeber folks the district team used to be a bunch of supervisiors that got promoted up! now when it comes to the ink refills they are okay its just the machine was kinda weak im just waiting for the machine to be gone.
  9.  permalink
    Regarding inkjet cartridge ink refill services, you can bring your ink cartridges into most Costco USA store locations or any of the Fry's Electronics stores. The in-store representatives (at either Photo/Electronics support center) are trained to refill over 240 different ink cartridge types, including the newest cartridge versions from HP, Canon and Epson. The reps can answer any additional questions you may have or you can go to the main support site at Inkjet411.com. It typically takes about an hour to complete the refill from the time you drop the cartridges off.

Below is Costco's refill service website which includes supported cartridges and refill pricing information - new cartridges and pricing will be updated as they become available: http://www.costcoinkjetrefill.com/pricing
Add your comments