Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited
    My store manager told me that I wouldn't be promoted until I started refering to him as "sir". I told him I have no masters in this life and I refuse. I thought he was going to fire me on the spot but he simply gave me a dirty look and walked away. This all happened about 5 months ago! Why do people give up their self-respect and kiss ass to get ahead? It is amazing how people litterly prostitute their identity for a bigger check!!!!! If this is what the average Joe has to go through in America "to get ahead" please let me drop out now at the age of 25.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    "to get ahead" really means you want "to get a head" when your the boss.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemchek12
    Ass kissers make me sick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    If you have boobs that's practically an auto promotion. Throw in some flirting, then bam, promoted!I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    You can do this as a guy too, if there's a match.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfadetogray
    Getting promoted requires you having sex with a higher up boss in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I just like how kiddies these days think sir is a sign of dominance. When, in reality, it's just polite to call someone sir. I suppose I couldnt envision myself calling someone working at Fry's "sir", but it really has nothing to do with feeling less dominant.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    I typically only use it in satire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndlicia
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Our store director is younger than half the employees: he is extremely errogant and expects everyone to bendover backwards for him. Our old store director was way cooler. He actually respected his employees and would help us do out work, even if it meant he had to sweep up trash. Now that's leadership.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    Sounds like meinside100 is having another bad day. AyaHu is right - it's a sign of being poliote and showing respect. To meinside's credit, respect is something that's earned. Your manager shouldn't be demanding something like that. If you're attitude towards the manager is respectful, then there's something wrong with him/her/it. However, if your attitude towards the store manager is the same as what you display here (foul language, bad attitude), then the problem lies with you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    One of the sups that used t work at my frys would go in the restrooms when someone is on saftey sweep and drop tissue on the ground and if they refused to pick them up in front of him, he would get them fired. Bullshit. Never happened to me personally but if it had I would have walked right out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    Felix:Never happened to me personally but if it had I would have walked right out.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    well it certainly isnt years of service and hard work. that shit will get you fired at Brownose Erectronics.
  1.  permalink
    Of course this is true how do you think that the ASM in San Diego got his job.
    If you think it was by merit you probably believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.Just look at how fast he was promoted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidgrey
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2011
    If you kiss the right ass and maybe bump some uglies you can get a supe demoted to sales so you can take his spot........
  2.  permalink
    Have you noticed when someone laughs at the SM/ASM jokes they laugh louder than they do with their friends.  

as soon as they all laugh, i laugh too but like a few minutes after them.  

Yes frys is bullshit, but as a rule of thumb i say "sir" to people who are significantly older than me and have gray hair on their head even if i work with them. maybe i'm old school, or maybe i was raised differently. who knows. 23yrs old. been there bout year and a half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidgrey
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2011
    I've been here about a year and a half as well and I'm not joking about a sup getting demoted so an MT can take his spot. The person they promoted to SUP doesn't even know how to do her job the way she should. When she was closing as MT she would refuse to start the closing work and would have others do it for her so she could keep selling untill all customers were gone from the department. She also routinely fukt up upgrades to peoples phones. She should know by now that we only do 2 YEAR upgrades, not one, but she sure as hell tried to do an annual just a couple of weeks ago. Other things she did as MT, write up other peoples sales. Even if she knew you were working with a customers, if you turned your back for a sec she would try to wrap it up herself. I even watched her tell another sales peeson to go to the back to get the merch for HER customers so she could stays on the floor to get more sales. She kissed more ass than anyone else in that department, the last DM couldn't even controle her. She clocked in 15 early and out 15 late, sometimes hours late... She got overtime one week because she stayed over for HOURS to redo the managers binder.... Even when one of the sups demanded she leave she would only do so when she was threatened with calling the store manager.  

New DM comes in and she kisses his ass raw and one of the supes is demoted and she is put in his place. With the poor work she does I refuse to believe that she earned her way to that spot, she kissed ass or ""did something more"" to get where she is.  

So yes, in short if you want to move up FAST or at all at Frys, invest in a good pair of knee pads or bully your way up the lader.
Add your comments