Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorboycott_frys
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    100 Reason why you should NOT shop at Fry's Electronics Retail Stores  

1) Untrained Employees - Employees are litterly just thrown out on the sales floor with no prooper training other than some stupid videos about not touching other employees boobs or penis.  
    2) A lot of items are not in stock or not properly stocked.  
    3) Unfriendly associates, who are very un-familiar with the products and just care about making their commision.  
    4) Many employees do not speak very good english  
    5) Rude Management  
    6) The Fry's Card and its benifits suck, no rewards and it only gives you 0% APR on very high profit items for the store.  
    7) Fry's treats its customers and employees like theifs with every purchase.  
    8) Employees asking you over and over for help just so they can make some money off of you.  
    9) The service warranties and other services they sell you are over priced and not necessary, the employees make alot of money off these items.  
    10) They underpay their employees and over work them  
    11) They don't match their employees 401k contribution  
    12) They have promised their employees $1M Dollar retirement plan if they stick around for more than 15 years, but no one has ever gotten it that I know.  
    13) Many alternative stores offerr same pricing or lower than Fry's without paying their employees commission.  
    14) Its very hard to take advantage of any Fry's Warranty's due to many things not being covered and service employees giving you the run around.  
    15) Research the internet and you will find many websites like this one where employees and customers complain about the retailer.  
    16) Fry's reputation with the BBB is not good  
    17) Bait and switch operations  
    18) Misleading customers with false prices and specs in the ads and saying Fry's isn't resposnible , I mean come on who has as many typos and false prices more than Fry's.  
    19) Employees move up in the company based on who they know and their relationship not on their knowledge or how long they have worked for the company.  
    20) No employee discounts in the cafe and no discounts on sale items.  
    21) Employees lie about specs, return policy and what the warranty covers just to close a sale.  
    22) Managers threaten employees about their jobs if they don't push Fry's Cards, Warranties, Wireless Installs and other services.  
    23) The Fry's credit card application has security flaws some of which saves your credit and personal info so another applicant can see it using "Auto-Fill" and a big security flaw which allows anyone to press the back button upon approval/denial of their application to access the previous persons personal information including Name, Address, SSN# and any credit card info you submited for credit verificaiton.  
    24) Fry's doesn't hire extra help during the holiday season instead they make employees work 16-20 hour shifts.  
    25) The employees are required to stock the store at night even if it means working longer hours than you are scheduled to work.  
    26) No overnight stocking crew - thats why alot of stuff isn't stocked or in the right spot.  
    27) Employees are hardly ever thanked for their work only when they are doing bad or need to be written up.  
    28) No company discounts with companys like Sprint, AT&T, Verizon or Bally's or other Corporate Company.  
    29) A open door policy which is very uncomfortable to use.  
    30) Unfresh food in the cafe and mostly microwaved.  
    31) Bad selection/Unhealthy selection of snacks and food in the employee room and vending machines.  
    32) I have never officially seen anyone clean, scrub and sanitize the bathrooms.  
    33) Intoxicated/Druggie Employes  
    34) Fry's hires the weirdest employees  
    35) 30 Minutes to wait in line to return something  
    36) Not enough employees in the Service Department and long lines and hassles.  
    37) Employees have to go online to express their problems because they are affraid of retaliation from their supervisors.  
    38) No Human Resources department only Audit and ther are a pain to deal with.  
    39) Employee paychecks are messed up missing commision or hours.  
    40) The cashiers don't know what they are doing most of the time and take more time than normal with problems.  
    41) Great service starts from the top which includes department managers, store managers and home office and the owners.  
    42) If employees are not happy they are less likely to give good service.  
    43) Internal conflict of interest (Supervisors & Employees dating each other)  
    44) Many CAL OSHA Violations including pallets on the floor.  
    45) Many of the brands Fry's has are bad quality and do not always work properly: AirLink, GQ, BTC, Emprex.  
    46) Fry's does not carry all brands only ones that make them the most money, they don't carry ViZio, Asus PC's, Kodak Printers etc  
    47) Fry's made a mistake by forcing employees to use a draw system then removed it and fired all the employees that were in the draw. Shows how much they care.  
    48) No janitors to clean or take care of the store instead they use cashiers.  
    49) Cashiers are required to do cart runs  
    50) Employees who work in receving have to work in hot conditions with no air conditioning.  
    51) Vandilism in the parking lot and LP not helping.  
    52) Open box products have a small 5% discount but usually have something wrong or missing from them.  
    53) Refurbished or Remanufactured items, Fry's has alot and they usually have problems and or missing parts.  
    54) Fry's warranties don't cover software, user error , physical damage and theft while some others company's do.  
    55) Unreliable Point Of Sale system that crashes and doesn't work most of the time.  
    56) Fry's is very un eco-friendly they use thousands of sheets of paper on quotes and receipts.  
    57) Customer soda machines are cheaper than Employee soda machines.  
    58) High Employee Turnover (Employees getting fired or quitting)  
    59) Boring weekly training (V-Con)  
    60) Employees having to paint, clean the inside out side of the store.  
    61) No reimbursment on uniforms.  
    62) Uncomfortable uniforms for working in isles, downstocking and doing schematics.  
    63) No organization in the whare house.  
    64) It takes forever to find someone to help you get products for the customer in the warehouse.  
    65) Demos dont' always work  
    66) Buying demos aren't always complete  
    67) Buying a used or demo unit is only 5%-10% off the regular price.  
    68) Not Properly trained management.  
    69) So hard to get to a live person and not a operator on the phone.  
    70) 15 Day/30 Day Return Policy's - Walmart, Costco and SamsClub offer up to 90 days return policy.  
    71) Your looking for an item and ask an employee they point somewhere or redirect you to the wrong place.  
    72) Sale items aren't always available or in stock.  
    73) If they replace your item under the warranty they won't replace it based on cost they will replace it with somethign similar.  
    74) Defective software/movies are non returnable even though the manufacturer does offer refunds on it.  
    75) No reciept on a return = 20 minutes and a big head and a store credit only.  
    76) They never call you back if you have a raincheck on a item you have to chase them down.  
    77) Fry's tells you to deal with the manufacturer if you don't get a rebate and there is nothing they can do.  
    78) You have to print out your own rebates online now, what if you have no printer? Or your not computer savy  
    79) The line to pay sometimes can be very long and can lead to several hours if the system is down.  
    80) You have to be treated like a theif at the door: they check your reciept and purchases before you leave.  
    81) You can usually see sales people fighting over sales and talking about commision on the sales floor and even in front of customers.  
    82) Employees talk in other languages amongest themself instead of english.  
    83) Employees eating and drinking on the sales floor very rude.  
    84) Unclean and unprofessional grooming standards.  
    85) Mistakes on prices and specs and some time they won't honor the features on prices listed on the signs.  
    86) Employee pictures are sometimes cycled and used even if they don't work there anymore and employee wall of shame.  
    87) Employees stealing from the store is very common and you usually here about it, if the employees were happy they wouldn't steal.  
    88) Fry's does not match some small stores like ComputerEdge etc.  
    89) In order for a price match to happen the other store must have the item in stock and available or else you will not get the price match.  
    90) Fry's does not honor competitors mail in rebates or store rebates.  
    91) On sales days its very hard to find help or sales associates.  
    92) Employees stack warranties, wireless installs, upgrades and installations to make money without telling the customer.  
    93) Employees lie about the included warranty from the manufacturer some products come with up to 3 years manufacturers warranty and employees say its only 90 days.  
    94) Fry's credit card can not be used anywhere but Fry's limiting its use.  
    95) Warranty prices compared to other retailers is very high.  
    96) Pushy sales people  
    97) Fry's uses alot of electricity in its stores and does not conserve power.  
    98) Restrooms may be closed or not accessible because of loss prevention trying to capture someone stealing. The is very inconvienent.  
    99) Lack of woman working at Fry's - maybe a sexual discrimination?  
    100) Your check has to clear or verified before you can complete your transaction when paying with a check.
  1.  permalink
    Wow. I didn't know that. Can you enlighten us with your knowledge of frys. I have never been.
    •  
    I was a ex supervisor in one of the Southern California Fry's.
  2.  permalink
    Really. That's horrible. You should write a book or something on frys.
  3.  permalink
    Great Alternative To Fry's:  

BestBuy, WalMart, SamsClub, Target, Costco, NewEgg.com, MeritLine.com, Ebay.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorweasle
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    I don't think you've gasped the concept of sarcasm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Hell yeah Best Buy. I remember frys had a moto that mention best buy, anyone know this?  

Hey boycott_frys, how about you edit your first comment and bring it up to 16 reasons... then add more to it later, I am sure we can pull 100 reasons in no time.
    •  
    I removed the extra posts and I updated the list I made check out above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Asuses SUCK thank god they dont carry them.  

Best Buy doesnt have good prices and they carry shitty computer brands like Dell, Gateway, and Asus.  
    You do NOT want to buy electronics on ebay, and Wal Mart cant possibly compare to the selection of electronics they have. Try finding a wacom tablet at Wal Mart hah.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    if you were an ex employee im sure you dont mind giving out your name and your former position. just to confirmi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    How about 1000 reason why not to shop at frys?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    *Wal-mart*  
    "Hey, do you guys have the Intuos3 12x19?"  

"..."  
    "Uh... que?"  

The sad part is, this is what Fry's is turning into. In fact, I think we are about to promote a borderline retarded guy to sales. WTF?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Half of these reasons don't even apply to some stores I'm sure.  
    Defiantly all don't apply to San Marcos.  

biggysmalls: if you were an ex employee im sure you dont mind giving out your name and your former position. just to confirm

I second this.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    I want my privacy or else I would have already stated it sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Punkzilla:Half of these reasons don't even apply to some stores I'm sure.  
    Defiantly all don't apply to San Marcos.  

biggysmalls: if you were an ex employee im sure you dont mind giving out your name and your former position. just to confirm

I second this.

Thirded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    so who is this retarded person sasquatch?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Lol, it is good to see another man from 23. And my, what an sexcellent avatar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorV
    Sounds like the person who wrote this article is talking about City Of Industry Fry's or another busy store.I belive in Justice ... I will serve it if needed
  6.  permalink
    boycott_frys: I want my privacy or else I would have already stated it sorry.

i dont see why you would want to keep your identity a secret if you no longer work at frys.  
    what are you affraid of? being fired?i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Its simple its not me so stop saying that.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  7.  permalink
    hey macias why havnt i seen you on aim in a few days? usually your always oni love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Lol, OP edited one of his posts, stating he's/she's from the San Marcos store, changed it to "Southern California". Lame.  
    Can't slip that under my nose!  
    I'm just curious who you are.  
    What department at least? if you were from AT or even AV, I don't really know who's who in those departments.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    IT SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF FUCKEN REASONS WOW.  
    FUCK THE FRY'S MANAGEMENT THOSE FUCKERS ARE FUCKEN E TARDS!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    Add this reason to your list:  

101) Fry's fired me for creating this website (http://www.FrysForum.com) where employees could talk about their work related conditions and grievances. We were trying to bring our work related grievances to the attention of management. Fry's found out I was the owner of the website and decided to hold me countable for the content of the site.  

According to Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230) site owners or operators can not be held responsible for the content left by members on their site. I did not post or write the things Fry's is accusing me of doing listed on the links below. Fry's firing me was illegal and violates the National Labor Relations Act because 2 or more employees were discussing pay or other work related issues with each other and 2 or more employees are addressing their employer about improving their working conditions or pay.  

I have filed a charge with the National Labor Relations Board which is part of the United States Goverment http://www.NLRB.gov Fry's has not responded to my charge.  

I was also denied unemployment benifits because according to the California Unemployment office I was "making disparaging remarks about your employeer" even though it wasn't me making the disparaging remarks but some users on the site. I am appealing this decision and I await my court date with the EDD.  

5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/0d6b4074d5.pdf  

My Statement to my 5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/108d33615e.pdf  

Involuntary Termination Request  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/556892169e.pdf  

I filed a charge against Fry's Electronics, Inc. with the National Labor Relations Board  
    http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/nlrbcomplaintlx5.jpg  

Scanned PDF of my Unemployment Being Denied:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/90622285f8.pdf  

Scanned PDF of my Appeal to my Unemployment Denial:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/1132840958.pdfContact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    If you guys are wondering why there is a lot of guests on the site its because were getting alot of traffic from Consumerist.com here is a link to their article they made about this discussion:  

http://consumerist.com/tag/vitriol/?i=5024914&t=#viewcommentsaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Time to rebuff some of these.. :)  

boycott_frys: 100 Reason why you should not shop or work at Fry's Electronics Retail Stores  

1) Untrained Employees - Employees are litterly just thrown out on the sales floor with no prooper training other than some stupid videos about not touching other employees boobs or penis.  

*** and other electronics stores have better training? But the training session is terrible and I dont see why they need to train everyone at register.. I have never used it.. if they asked me now to use it I would have no clue. For the most part it is basically a Minimum wage job.. Everywhere I have worked so far as not had much training to begin with.  

2) A lot of items are not in stock or not properly stocked.  
    *** And if you come in to the store 15 minutes before we close on the last day of an ad.. You probably will not find the ad piece you are looking for, but who is to blame for that? But I have not seen it too bad for stuff not on ad.. atleast the common products.  

3) Unfriendly associates, who are very un-familiar with the products and just care about making their commision.  
    *** That is why you don't ask the "top sales people" for help.. Not everyone is like that..although You cannot expect anyone to be familiar with every product we sell and you cannot expect someone to stand there for 30 minutes to explain a KVM switch because it does not take that long to explain, and if you cannot grasp it in 3 minutes, you probably should not be buying one to begin with. And no I cannot help you find a cable that does not exist..  

4) Many employees do not speak very good english  
    *** That is an overstatement.. Most employees where I work speak very good english.. though there are a few that work in receiving that don't and others just have a bad accent.. But most do speak good english.. though there is a few that don't but you can also normally find help if you don't speak english.. which is a good thing for people visiting from other countries.  

6) The Fry's Card and its benifits suck, no rewards and it only gives you 0% APR on very high profit items for the store.  
    *** Apparently you have not checked all the laptops.. there are a few "unprofitable" HP ones on the list. or do you expect to get 0% on that usb cable? But well it does help if you buy something that is on the list, if not.. don't get the card. and BTW it is cheaper than other store cards.. Cheaper than Best Buy's store card and Best Buy's VISA/MC has high interest rates for being a visa/mc though they do have better 0% financing i believe.  

7) Fry's treats its customers and employees like theifs with every purchase.  
    *** so good you mention it twice..  

8) Employees asking you over and over for help just so they can make some money off of you.  
    *** and when you cannot get help, you complain.. what is it? do you want help or not??? and why is it bad that sales people make money off of you? We help you, you help us.. but well you just need to stay away from those that lie. ;) All of us are not liars. and if you are just grabbing stuff off the shelf and we ask you to give you a quote... who would you rather get the money? Fry's or the employees? well I know some shouldn't get it.. but I'm sure you can find a decent sales person there.  

9) The service warranties and other services they sell you are over priced and not necessary, the employees make alot of money off these items.  
    *** Would you like for us to give them to you for free? Apparently that is the only price some people will pay for anything.. I get people complaining about the price $80 for an official HP power supply for their laptop.. and next question is.. do you have a universal one that is cheaper? which you would be paying about the same price for.. and btw BEST Buy sells it for $90 on their website.  

10) They underpay their employees and over work them  
    *** and you complain when we are getting paid for helping you.. and btw, I do not feel overworked one bit anymore.. since they got rid of the stupid overtime we were doing..  

11) They don't match their employees 401k contribution  
    *** wish they would match some.. :(  

12) They have promised their employees $1M Dollar retirement plan if they stick around for more than 15 years, but no one has ever gotten it that I know.  
    *** because noone under the plan has reached it yet.. some will soon though. But I don't count that as part of my retirement plan to begin with.  

13) Many alternative stores offerr same pricing or lower than Fry's without paying their employees commission.  
    *** you make it sound like a bad thing.. atleast we will be willing to help you because we can get paid for helping you more. and if you are smart about it.. you'll know how to work commision-paid sales to your advantage to get better help.  

14) Its very hard to take advantage of any Fry's Warranty's due to many things not being covered and service employees giving you the run around.  
    *** Same story, any place including MFG's warranties..  

15) Research the internet and you will find many websites like this one where employees and customers complain about the retailer.  
    *** apparently you haven't searched for anti-Best Buy's websites which are numerous and completely active in regards to complaints. More so than these Fry's ones.  

17) Bait and switch operations  
    *** any ad is a bait and switch.. They bait you into the store in hopes that you may see something you like better. and if you come the last day of the ad 15 minutes before close, you shouldn't expect finding a very good priced ad item.  

18) Misleading customers with false prices and specs in the ads and saying Fry's isn't resposnible , I mean come on who has as many typos and false prices more than Fry's.  
    *** I have seen a lot but I never picked up a Best Buy ad to check their mistakes.. but I hate these mistakes as much as anyone else because I have to deal with the customers who yell and complain about it to me, when there is nothing I can do about it.  

19) Employees move up in the company based on who they know and their relationship not on their knowledge or how long they have worked for the company.  
    *** It's a slippery slope.. Because any business is going to promote you on who you know and how they like you. The other hard part is when you have a lot of knowledge you get bogged down by actually answering questions of customers and other associates keeping you away from hitting numbers.  

20) No employee discounts in the cafe and no discounts on sale items.  
    *** There is discounts on sale items if the cost is 10% lower than price.. though sometimes they do tricking math with it.. but often times the sale price is cheaper than the "employee" price.  

21) Employees lie about specs, return policy and what the warranty covers just to close a sale.  
    ***Then stay away from the lying sales people.. actually talk and buy stuff from the people who know stuff instead of those who know how to sale. If you have to ask another salesperson question and they answer it for you, perhaps you should be buying it from them, no? Find someone straight forward..  

23) The Fry's credit card application has security flaws some of which saves your credit and personal info so another applicant can see it using "Auto-Fill" and a big security flaw which allows anyone to press the back button upon approval/denial of their application to access the previous persons personal information including Name, Address, SSN# and any credit card info you submited for credit verificaiton.  
    *** auto-complete I can see... the back button well that is just from stupid people leaving the last page up instead of closing window like they should be doing.  

25) The employees are required to stock the store at night even if it means working longer hours than you are scheduled to work.  
    *** they havent done this for a year now or so.  

26) No overnight stocking crew - thats why alot of stuff isn't stocked or in the right spot.  
    *** it isn't stocked in the right spot because of lazy salespeople(top guns I'm looking at you) who just place things anywhere and management not saying or doing anything about it because "they make them money" mm because they pull this crap.  

27) Employees are hardly ever thanked for their work only when they are doing bad or need to be written up.  
    *** depends on the management you have... we get thanked.  

29) A open door policy which is very uncomfortable to use.  
    *** is any open door policy comfortable?  

30) Unfresh food in the cafe and mostly microwaved.  
    *** Then don't eat there.  

31) Bad selection/Unhealthy selection of snacks and food in the employee room and vending machines.  
    **what vending machines? lol I miss them. :)  

32) I have never officially seen anyone clean, scrub and sanitize the bathrooms.  
    *** well the night janitors do.. hopefully.  

33) Intoxicated/Druggie Employes  
    *** oh they are everywhere.. don't kid yourself..  

34) Fry's hires the weirdest employees  
    *** ???? mmmm i guess there should be a law against hiring weird people.  

35) 30 Minutes to wait in line to return something  
    *** thats why you don't come by and return stuff on weekends.. or right after most people get off work.  

37) Employees have to go online to express their problems because they are affraid of retaliation from their supervisors.  
    *** any place... any place..just substitute drinks at bar with going online.  

39) Employee paychecks are messed up missing commision or hours.  
    *** i haven't had any problems with mine.. except last black friday's hours  

40) The cashiers don't know what they are doing most of the time and take more time than normal with problems.  
    *** i wouldn't say it's the cashiers.. newer cashiers yes.  

42) If employees are not happy they are less likely to give good service.  
    *** and also if they aren't ask stupid questions or the same question over and over again we'd give better service.. some people just can't be helped.  

44) Many CAL OSHA Violations including pallets on the floor.  
    *** empty ones? or just pallets in general?  

45) Many of the brands Fry's has are bad quality and do not always work properly: AirLink, GQ, BTC, Emprex.  
    *** and yet when we tell people not to buy them, what do they do? They buy them... why? price! People are inherently stupid.  

46) Fry's does not carry all brands only ones that make them the most money, they don't carry ViZio, Asus PC's, Kodak Printers etc  
    *** We carry a kodak printer.. and you cannot expect every store out there to carry every brand out there.  

48) No janitors to clean or take care of the store instead they use cashiers.  
    *** we do have nighttime janitors who clean the store.. cashiers maintain it.. which is not hard.. walking around the store and picking up trash. It's part of their job... If you don't like thatpart of your job, then quit.  

49) Cashiers are required to do cart runs  
    *** I guess courtesy clerks at grocery stores should uprise.. because that is part of their job too.. who would you like doing it?  

53) Refurbished or Remanufactured items, Fry's has alot and they usually have problems and or missing parts.  
    We get a lot to sell yes.. And I have not seen many problems with them as of late.  

54) Fry's warranties don't cover software, user error , physical damage and theft while some others company's do.  
    what other companies cover software? or user error? physical damage/theft just increases the price.  

55) Unreliable Point Of Sale system that crashes and doesn't work most of the time.  
    *** it's better now.  

57) Customer soda machines are cheaper than Employee soda machines.  
    ** there are customer and employee soda machines??  

58) High Employee Turnover (Employees getting fired or quitting)  
    ** a lot just quit  

72) Sale items aren't always available or in stock.  
    ** last day/ last 15 minutes yeah we wont have it  

73) If they replace your item under the warranty they won't replace it based on cost they will replace it with somethign similar.  
    *** yeah you buy a $3000 machine 3 years ago, you won't be getting a $3000 machine today, but one that still outperforms the one you had.  

74) Defective software/movies are non returnable even though the manufacturer does offer refunds on it.  
    *** they are exchangeable for same item within 30 days.. if not maybe you should talk to these manufacturers that offer longer time.  

75) No reciept on a return = 20 minutes and a big head and a store credit only.  
    *** This is why you keep receipts. You aren't going to just hand out money because so and so says they purchased it and just so happen to lose the receipt. this is why you save receipts.. it is not Fry's fault that you are too stupid to keep it.  

76) They never call you back if you have a raincheck on a item you have to chase them down.  
    *** Geez perhaps you should be happy enough you got a raincheck.. it's not hard to call them everyweek and check.  

77) Fry's tells you to deal with the manufacturer if you don't get a rebate and there is nothing they can do.  
    *** maybe because it is a MFG's rebate and you need to talk to the people responsible for it.  

78) You have to print out your own rebates online now, what if you have no printer? Or your not computer savy  
    *** Kinkos.. and above ytou mentioned Fry;s wasn't eco-friendly.. and now Fry's does something that is ECO_Friendly and you complain about it.  

80) You have to be treated like a theif at the door: they check your reciept and purchases before you leave.  
    *** once again twice.. and this is often to make sure cashier/sales people give you the right item. I mean yesterday someone almost went home with a cheaper laptop because some idiot grabbed the wrong one.. it was caught at the door.  

89) In order for a price match to happen the other store must have the item in stock and available or else you will not get the price match.  
    *** Yes we are not going to price match because you could not buy such ad item from Best Buy. We do not carry extra stock for them.  

93) Employees lie about the included warranty from the manufacturer some products come with up to 3 years manufacturers warranty and employees say its only 90 days.  
    *** some sales people.. some... only few items come with 3-yr limited... some only have 1 year limited. which in some cases is only 90-days parts/labor..  

94) Fry's credit card can not be used anywhere but Fry's limiting its use.  
    *** yeah you go ahead and get Best Buy's high interest rate visa/mc  

95) Warranty prices compared to other retailers is very high.  
    *** Actually.. it's cheaper than a lot of others... cheaper than best buys..  

96) Pushy sales people  
    *** then don't buy something just because a sales person tells you too.  

98) Restrooms may be closed or not accessible because of loss prevention trying to capture someone stealing. The is very inconvienent.  
    *** blame thieves... not Fry's Remember than thieves raise the prices that honest people pay.  

99) Lack of woman working at Fry's - maybe a sexual discrimination?  
    *** or the fact that the electronics field is dominated by guess who? Men!  

anyways.. everything is relative to any situtaion in which you experienced.. sometimes ytou have good sometimes you have bad.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Someone should make 100 reasons to work and/or shop at Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    asdf: Someone should make 100 reasons to work and/or shop at Fry's

lol.. if i had more time.. i only had time to rebuff some of the 100 reasons why notI'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    1- 100  

Great selection, great prices.Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    frys has all your best buysi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    biggysmalls: frys has all your best buys

liar.. you can only fit 2 Best Buys inside 1 Fry's.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    m_tux:
    biggysmalls: frys has all your best buys

liar.. you can only fit 2 Best Buys inside 1 Fry's.

Buuurn.  

asdf:Someone should make 100 reasons to work and/or shop at Fry's

Where else can you make thousands each month with extremely flexible hours?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    *At a college age, I should add.*
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: *At a college age, I should add.*

The timeshare industry,  
    Graphic Design and Web industry...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    MacIas:If you guys are wondering why there is a lot of guests on the site its because were getting alot of traffic from Consumerist.com here is a link to their article they made about this discussion:  

http://consumerist.com/tag/vitriol/?i=5024914&t=#viewcomments  

Hey Guests, next time you're at any Fry's, make sure you ask for Sasquatch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu:
    Sasquatch: *At a college age, I should add.*

The timeshare industry,  
    Graphic Design and Web industry...

Timeshares, gross.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Make sure you check out the pending Class Action Settlement Lopez v Fry's Electronics:  

Click Below To Read the PDF File Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc. Class Action Settlement  
    Click Here  

Click Below To Read & Print the PDF File for Proof of Claim Form To Be Part of the Class Action Settlement:  
    Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc.  
    Click Here Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Interesting, but...  
    If you file, does Fry's Electronics put your name in a little red book? Basically, would our illustrious employer know whether or not a certain individual participated in this suit?  

If not, surely they would get ideas when you request documentation showing which weeks you've earned overtime. I doubt anyone has complete records dating back to when they were first employed. Unfortunately, said documentation is required for eligibility in the suit.  

How will they calculate one's share of the booty?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    $3,140,000  
    - LAWYER FEES  
    - ADMINISTRATION FEES  
    - CLASS REPRESENTATIVES  
    / DIVIDED BY THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE SETTLEMENT  
    = Total you will get  

I just noticed it says on the form that after all the fees for lawyers etc the remaining balance will be $1,778,834 which in my opinion is not very much.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    Just want to throw in a lot of the items you posted are dependent on the employees. "If you don't know your stuff, why are you working here?" is the question I ask for the newcomers. "It was a very easy job to get and I have no other skills to work anywhere else" is the general response I get. So what more can you expect from lazy grunts?  

Sometimes you get those badass employees that are very helpful and push sales through the roof; sometimes you get lazy asses who sit behind the loading dock all day until their shift is over (and "somehow" gets promoted before the prior group).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsenyushkin
    based on this list, and the ass kicking rebuttal from m_tux, I would much rather work at fry's than OD. If the pay and commissions are a little better, it would blow OD out of the water. Same CS BS, same stocking and ad issues, same equipment and training issues. If I could get over 30 hours a week, I would move to Texas just to get a job at Fry's. f--k office depot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    You need a computer science degree to work at frys.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    senyushkin:I would much rather work at fry's than OD. I would move to Texas just to get a job at Fry's. f--k office depot!

I was going to ask wtf "OD" was, but you answered.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Punkzilla:
    senyushkin:I would much rather work at fry's than OD. I would move to Texas just to get a job at Fry's. f--k office depot!

I was going to ask wtf "OD" was, but you answered.

Me too.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    While I wouldn't ever work at Fry's again I don't think it is as bad as the author makes it out to be. Most of the 100 are inaccurate or exaggerations. The POS system is bad, the returns lines are longer than they ought to be, some of the sales people are too pushy, but beyond that a lot of the criticisms could be made for virtually all of their competitors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Yeah the POS is costing Fry's a lot of business and salesmen have to be pushy so they can rush you into the long lines. FIFOi am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    1. It shouldn't take 53 seconds to add a customer.  
    2. Fix the sort by commission.  
    3. Make it not suck so hard.  

Fix those, and I'm peachy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStarz
    Photobucket
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Sasquatch: 1. It shouldn't take 53 seconds to add a customer.  

Here's the fix for the long new customer add... Always keep 2 POS screens open on the terminal. Go ahead and make your quote.. If customer's # is in the system, Great! If not, open the other pos screen on the computer and create the customer there.. While that is creating, you can switch over to the other POS screen and enter the customer's phone number.. It should pop up, while the other one is still going store to store creating a new customer.  

That being said, it is a pain in the rear.. but as long as you can open 2 pos screens on the same terminal, you are set. I just wish they'd batch create them at the end of the night for the other stores... or just have a seperate machine dedicated to doing it..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    AyaHu: Asuses SUCK thank god they dont carry them.  

Best Buy doesnt have good prices and they carry shitty computer brands like Dell, Gateway, and Asus.  

Dell and Gateway are sh*tty? Since when? Since Michael Dell came back, Dell's QC has improved. Same goes for Gateway. FWIW, I''ve used Gateway computers since the early 1990's and never had an issue with them. I'd imagine you think Sony and HP are good brands, or a Frys' "custom-built"?