Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    did anyone else get this in the mail.. or is it just me.......anyone????????????  

=================== ADDED BY FRYSFORUM ADMINISTRATION GROUP =============================  

Click Below To Read the PDF File Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc. Class Action Settlement  
    Please note the file is a 8 Page PDF File which you will download via RapidShare  
    Click Here  

Click Below To Read & Print the PDF File for Proof of Claim Form To Be Part of the Class Action Settlement:  
    Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc.  
    PDF File will download via RapidShare  
    Click Here  

===========================================================================================
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    FRY'S ELECTRONICS, INC. CLASS ACTION
    Two former employees of Fry’s Electronics Receive $2.3 million Settlement ( With Picture )
    Luckner vs. Fry's Electronics, Inc
    Krimsky vs. Fry's Electronics Inc., - Fry's Law Suit
  2.  permalink
    whats it about?i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    I got it I am submiting a objection and not participating in the settlement.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    what is it about though? is it about employees or customers?I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    its a bout employees. if im not mistaken everyone that used to work there or that works there should of gotten one
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I am going to scan the documents its like 6 pages long  

Here is a summary of who is included in the settlement  

"sales associate, cashier/customer service associate, or department supervisor/manager at some pont from March 29, 2002 to July 31, 2007."aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    ahhh.. i never got one.. maybe it's because mm yeah i should go change my address.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Once I scan it use can use the forms I scan, there is a claims form and it has instructions etc.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    well let me know when you have them.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    What is it concerning?
  3.  permalink
    i just got mine right now.  
    its concerning breaks  
    and overtime pay for associates that made commission in that time periodi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I got mine in the mail. I am reading it right now. Basically its a lawsuit against Frys relating to:  

(1) failure to pay overtime;  
    (2) failure to pay final wages;  
    (3) waiting time penalties;  
    (4) failure to provide rest periods;  
    (5) failure to allow meal periods;  
    (6) failure to furnish timely and accurate wage statements;  
    (7) unfair and unlawful business acts and practices.  

Fry's denies that it did anything wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Click Below To Read the PDF File Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc. Class Action Settlement  
    Please note the file is a 8 Page PDF File which you will download via RapidShare  
    Click Here  

Click Below To Read & Print the PDF File for Proof of Claim Form To Be Part of the Class Action Settlement:  
    Click Here aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    biggysmalls:i just got mine right now.  
    its concerning breaks  
    and overtime pay for associates that made commission in that time period

That's a good question. If one works, say, 42* hours in a week, should any commission made in those extra two hours be multiplied by 1.5?  

*So long, and thanks for all the fish.  

...anyone? anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Only hours can be overtime not commision.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    But... we do get overtime for that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Sasquatch:Interesting, but...  
    If you file, does Fry's Electronics put your name in a little red book? Basically, would our illustrious employer know whether or not a certain individual participated in this suit?  

If not, surely they would get ideas when you request documentation showing which weeks you've earned overtime. I doubt anyone has complete records dating back to when they were first employed. Unfortunately, said documentation is required for eligibility in the suit.  

How will they calculate one's share of the booty?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    $3,140,000  
    - LAWYER FEES  
    - ADMINISTRATION FEES  
    - CLASS REPRESENTATIVES  
    / DIVIDED BY THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE SETTLEMENT  
    = Total you will get  

I just noticed it says on the form that after all the fees for lawyers etc the remaining balance will be $1,778,834 which in my opinion is not very much.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    I am not participating in the settlement I am actually going to object to the settlement:  

Fry's didn't pay my vacation check in a timely matter and never paid me for my personal and holiday days off. They also failed to furnish timely and accurate wage statements; and unfair and unlawful business acts and practices.  

Fry's fired me for creating this website (http://www.FrysForum.com) where employees could talk about their work related conditions and grievances. We were trying to bring our work related grievances to the attention of management. Fry's found out I was the owner of the website and decided to hold me countable for the content of the site.  

According to Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230) site owners or operators can not be held responsible for the content left by members on their site. I did not post or write the things Fry's is accusing me of doing listed on the links below. Fry's firing me was illegal and violates the National Labor Relations Act because 2 or more employees were discussing pay or other work related issues with each other and 2 or more employees are addressing their employer about improving their working conditions or pay.  

I have filed a charge with the National Labor Relations Board which is part of the United States Goverment http://www.NLRB.gov Fry's has not responded to my charge.  

I was also denied unemployment benifits because according to the California Unemployment office I was "making disparaging remarks about your employeer" even though it wasn't me making the disparaging remarks but some users on the site. I am appealing this decision and I await my court date with the EDD.  

5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/0d6b4074d5.pdf  

My Statement to my 5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/108d33615e.pdf  

Involuntary Termination Request  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/556892169e.pdf  

I filed a charge against Fry's Electronics, Inc. with the National Labor Relations Board  
    http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/nlrbcomplaintlx5.jpg  

Scanned PDF of my Unemployment Being Denied:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/90622285f8.pdf  

Scanned PDF of my Appeal to my Unemployment Denial:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/1132840958.pdfContact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    admin:$3,140,000  
    - LAWYER FEES  
    - ADMINISTRATION FEES  
    - CLASS REPRESENTATIVES  
    / DIVIDED BY THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE SETTLEMENT  
    = Total you will get  

I just noticed it says on the form that after all the fees for lawyers etc the remaining balance will be $1,778,834 which in my opinion is not very much.

That divided by about 300 people is six grand a person. I doubt it works that way, but still.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Sorry Sasquatch the number of people will be more like 5000 in my opinion.  
    That comes out to be about $356 per person which is pathetic.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    admin: I am not participating in the settlement I am actually going to object to the settlement:  

Fry's didn't pay my vacation check in a timely matter and never paid me for my personal and holiday days off. They also failed to furnish timely and accurate wage statements; and unfair and unlawful business acts and practices.  

Fry's fired me for creating this website (http://www.FrysForum.com) where employees could talk about their work related conditions and grievances. We were trying to bring our work related grievances to the attention of management. Fry's found out I was the owner of the website and decided to hold me countable for the content of the site.  

According to Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230) site owners or operators can not be held responsible for the content left by members on their site. I did not post or write the things Fry's is accusing me of doing listed on the links below. Fry's firing me was illegal and violates the National Labor Relations Act because 2 or more employees were discussing pay or other work related issues with each other and 2 or more employees are addressing their employer about improving their working conditions or pay.  

I have filed a charge with the National Labor Relations Board which is part of the United States Goverment http://www.NLRB.gov Fry's has not responded to my charge.  

I was also denied unemployment benifits because according to the California Unemployment office I was "making disparaging remarks about your employeer" even though it wasn't me making the disparaging remarks but some users on the site. I am appealing this decision and I await my court date with the EDD.  

5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/0d6b4074d5.pdf  

My Statement to my 5 Day Suspension Notice:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/108d33615e.pdf  

Involuntary Termination Request  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/556892169e.pdf  

I filed a charge against Fry's Electronics, Inc. with the National Labor Relations Board  
    http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3203/nlrbcomplaintlx5.jpg  

Scanned PDF of my Unemployment Being Denied:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/90622285f8.pdf  

Scanned PDF of my Appeal to my Unemployment Denial:  
    http://freepdfhosting.com/uploads/1132840958.pdf

First off, your first 3 PDF links dont work admin :).  

Secondly, so you have to appeal to get any comphensation if you qualify?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I fixed the broken links thanks for letting me know.  
    I am going to appeal this class action settlement because I have other plans which I can't really discuss.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    admin:Sorry Sasquatch the number of people will be more like 5000 in my opinion.  
    That comes out to be about $356 per person which is pathetic.

I seriously doubt that. Most Fry's associates have no idea this exists. Add the fact that you must submit documentation proving the number of weeks you earned overtime... well, I doubt there will be many takers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    on my paperwork it actually stated the number of weeks that i worked overtime. its a good number so i think im gonna submit my forms.:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I got this today, just read some of it over now, I'd rather not reply to it.  
    But it kind of worries me when it says, "DO NOTHING: You WILL NOT receive a payment from the settlement and you will give up any rights to sue Fry's for released claims."  
    What does that exactly mean? I won't be able to sue Fry's in the future?I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Not for that, anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I wouldnt do that either, with something as controversial as break periods as an attack. Break periods arent legally decreed here in Arizona, at least.  
    He should sue my ex boss instead.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpepper
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    The link explaining the case dose not work...help...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    pepper: The link explaining the case dose not work...help...

Looks like we reached the maximum bandwith or our files were deleted from the host.  

Fixed the Broken Links:  

Click Here  

Click Here aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  4.  permalink
    for the lawsuit if you think about it, frys is already loosing that money no matter what. so if an employee collects its not like ther gonna loose any more money then thry already losti love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    None of us know if that's how it really works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Many associates where talking about this today. How am I going to profit from all this with everyone staking their claim?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorV
    Don't be quick to decide to settle consider this  

1) You Settle :(After Fee's $1,778,834 will be split amongs thousands of employees which include current and former employees which means you could get as little as a couple hundread dollars or even less)  
    2) Do Nothing: You won't recieve any payments from the settlement and you give up your rights to sue Fry's for the release claims  
    3) Ask To Be Excluded: Recieve no payments from the settlement and retain all rights you may have against Fry's.  
    4) Submit Objection: Write to the Aribitrator about you don't agree with the settlement. The Arbitrator may or may not agree with your objection.  
    If you don't agree with the amount they are settling for tell them that or that you think its unfair or anything you want to say to them.  
    5) Go To The Hearing - If you have submitted a valid ojbection and notice of intention to appear, ask to speak before the Arbitrator about the fairness of the settlement.  

I think for retaliation reasons current employees should settle but former or employees who were fired or quit should object its not much money for what Fry's is trying to settle.I belive in Justice ... I will serve it if needed
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Here at store 23, basically nobody has heard of this. The few people that have, don't really want to go through the trouble and/or risk of obtaining documentation proving the amount of overtime earned for every week since hire. I seriously doubt there will be thousands of people.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    When you get your claim form it is pre filled with "the following number of full time work weeks in which you were paid commisions and earned overtimed pay between March 29, 2002 and July 31, 2007." Mine said 30 weeks, it was pre-filled in. You gota remember this settlement is for 5 years and it includes past and current employees I also agree the amount of people would be over 1000 people.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I
    Sasquatch: Here at store 23, basically nobody has heard of this. The few people that have, don't really want to go through the trouble and/or risk of obtaining documentation proving the amount of overtime earned for every week since hire. I seriously doubt there will be thousands of people.

It's only in cali.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    admin:When you get your claim form it is pre filled with "the following number of full time work weeks in which you were paid commisions and earned overtimed pay between March 29, 2002 and July 31, 2007." Mine said 30 weeks, it was pre-filled in. You gota remember this settlement is for 5 years and it includes past and current employees I also agree the amount of people would be over 1000 people.

Filled in? Nice.  

worm:
    Sasquatch: Here at store 23, basically nobody has heard of this. The few people that have, don't really want to go through the trouble and/or risk of obtaining documentation proving the amount of overtime earned for every week since hire. I seriously doubt there will be thousands of people.

It's only in cali.

:-(
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Your correct worm to add its only for employees of California, that might reduce the amount of people who will participate.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Probably will be in the thousands then. Oh well. You guys enjoy your "free" money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch:
    admin:When you get your claim form it is pre filled with "the following number of full time work weeks in which you were paid commisions and earned overtimed pay between March 29, 2002 and July 31, 2007." Mine said 30 weeks, it was pre-filled in. You gota remember this settlement is for 5 years and it includes past and current employees I also agree the amount of people would be over 1000 people.

Filled in? Nice.  

worm:

It's only in cali.

:-(

We hear you Sasquatch your voice is heard. If you wish to take action you can sue Fry's in your locality and take advantage of at least $7,500 for being a primary participant. We can probably pull a lawsuit in every state.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGreenwords
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Former CSSA/Gopher here. I got the notice a few days ago and it seems like nothing more than a pittance. To even work for the store you have to sign the arbitration contract, they don't put a gun to your head but they won't let you work/pay you if you don't sign. I'm very tempted to go to a hearing over this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bitter former employee looking for a dollar or two but Fry's has to answer for the way they've treated us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Hey Randy Fry, I'd love some free money. The lease on this cave is insane.
  5.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Hey Randy Fry, I'd love some free money. The lease on this cave is insane.

Well, it's not really free. You worked for it.  

Take those assholes to the cleaners, I'd love to see Randy Fry living under a highway cloverleaf sucking dick for beer money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    I got my claim form today I think we deserve more money than this its bull crap Fry's is rich plus without its employees Fry's would have never made this money.
  6.  permalink
    that is true green card but the rich will always try to get richer......i love it when they call me big papa
  7.  permalink
    Hey all,i worked at the Burbank store 11 from 1998 to 2004.The only time we really worked our butts off was at Christmas and they would treat the employees poorly omg bringing back nightmare memories,glad i am not working there these days.We would seriously work from open to close with 1 30 minute lunch they would supply the food,we could not leave the store under no circumstances!!!Like a Boot Camp.Any other store 11 employees on here ?? I received my Lopez V Fry's Class Settlement don't know if i should fill it out of not. Help please should i ???:face-sad:
  8.  permalink
    i would fill it out. cant hurt.  
    they cant actually force you to stay in the store if you were of clocki love it when they call me big papa
  9.  permalink
    biggysmalls: i would fill it out. cant hurt.  
    they cant actually force you to stay in the store if you were of clock

I think it's called 'unlawful imprisonment'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwindraver
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    haha... i remember people joking about how to rob a frys when they lock down the place...  

hmm.. so what happens to the moolah of people who don't mail in the claim?