Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    3 different Suzuki Samurais, and a Ford Econoline 73 3 speed with the 302.  

who else here is a wrench head?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What do you think about Sean Archer?
    99% of the topics on this site are bad, what does that tell you about Fry's
    Your rights to express what you want about Fry's on this site
    Store 44 is being closed down completely??!
    So what questions annoy you the most about the customer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    My Nissan Versa gets 36 miles to the gallon on road trips and 32 pumping the ac in stop and go traffic. I used to ride a fly ass Acura Integra. I miss her. I also have a Yamaha Zuma.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sweet if you adjust your idle lower it will give you another couple mpg.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Yamaha Zuma? You're a regular Hell's Angel, Aya.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: sweet if you adjust your idle lower it will give you another couple mpg.

I dont know, I have controlled variable transmission, keeps my idle very low, gives me awesome gas mileage and is just about the smoothest ride ever...  

Sasquatch: Yamaha Zuma? You're a regular Hell's Angel, Aya.

Thanks, Sass. Just a little quieter.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    oh wow do you know what type of cvt you have? is it a belt driven one or no? and in that case don't touch your idle speed the cvt wont like it nor will the computer controlling the cvt.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    AyaHu: I used to ride a fly ass Acura Integra. I miss her.

Ya... I, too, used to have an Integra. '88 with a tricked out B16A. Oh how I miss the VTEC. Its too bad that I had to crash that car. Into a Mazda Protege. What a waste.  

And now I drive a Saturn Ion. It ain't much, but I can TOTALLY buy a turbo charger for it from the factory. Nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Im sorry to hear about you Mazda, Mazdas are generally aweful.  
    Integras are little speed demons. Mine got 27 mpg on normal days, I loved her handling, steering, brakes, everything.  
    Saturn Ions are cute ;DSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    My friend Nick had an Integra. It was a nice car until he took a sharp turn at 50mph and we played where's the drainage ditch. I also had a girlfriend that used to drive a Honda Civic. She took a gentle curve at 90mph and flipped a couple times. Only a scratch. Car was totaled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    I've gone sideways in a frys van, I've gone rallying in a frys van, I've gotten a frys van stuck on a stump while off-roading in it, I've gotten a cumulative 23 or so seconds of airtime in a frys van with all 4 wheels off the ground, I have done 3 doughnuts in a frys van, I did a 30 second brake stance in a fries van, I forgot what D meant on an auto transmission so I left it in 2 while going down the freeway at 70 where the rev limiter would kick in, and I drove it on one wireless total of 10 miles freeway and about 2 miles surface streets with 0 oil pressure the temp gauge was pinned the whole trip oh and my auto trans amnesia hadnt gone away yet so it was in 2nd gear. My prognosis ford aerostars are indestructible.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Only 23 seconds? Child's play.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    what you go flying during a wireless and no wheels on the ground no front wheels than backs all 4 wheels.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Heehee ;DSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman do you still work at frys lol?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    no the van started smoking so i left ....... to a different store with another van :face-devil-grin: I did use my samurai to go offroading in the sidewalk areas around the parking lots though it was fun ....... I found that working with your own clients as an IT consultant pays much betterLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    but I do miss gta style stunts in a vehicle that you really couldn't care less about.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    WOOOOOOOOOT went to the local park hollister to scare a friend. I was climbing up a hill about 45 deg slope forgetting i had adjusted the gas to keep from redlining on the freeway. not enough power = stall not good on a 45 deg slope so I start it back up. and slowly back up down the hill but the brakes keep getting spongier and spongier until they really wern't doing much. The bottom half of the hill was done with no brakes along with the drive home and the drive here to nano.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    May sound weird but I own two Fords
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    and any of the fords modified?????Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Sure are but probably not in the way your thinking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    oh right speakers .......... but you could still have your spinners wrapped in boggers ........ muddy spinners?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    Lurch: May sound weird but I own two Ford Broncos, a Nissan 240sx, and I'm actually putting the down payment on another 240sx today(always wanted a white one)

Cars are the biggest money pits in the world even if you drive something like a Civic or Scion...why....oh why.....would someone want to own more than one care unless they are RICH AS HELL, need a special vechicle for their job or have a mess load of kids.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    meinside100:
    Lurch: May sound weird but I own two Ford Broncos, a Nissan 240sx, and I'm actually putting the down payment on another 240sx today(always wanted a white one)

Cars are the biggest money pits in the world even if you drive something like a Civic or Scion...why....oh why.....would someone want to own more than one care unless they are RICH AS HELL, need a special vechicle for their job or have a mess load of kids.

Two reasons: I need two cars because my twin and I work in opposite directions. To top that, we were thinking about selling the Yamaha and getting a jeep because on the weekends, my twin and I go ghost towning and dont like to borrow other's cars when offroading.  
    And also, because a used jeep is relatively inexpensive.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    used samurai is cheaper even with mods like lockers and roll cages .......... oh right no hills out there make sure you bring a huge radiator.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and no cars aren't a huge money pit if you fix them yourself they are rather inexpensive just be creative remember that a peeled apart cardboard box (peel the sides off the corrugated part) work great as gaskets.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: used samurai is cheaper even with mods like lockers and roll cages .......... oh right no hills out there make sure you bring a huge radiator.

Theres mountains out here :< And boulders. I need to cross them to get to http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/sunflower.html  
    I want to go dommot!Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    I drive a RHD Integra Type R
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    elusivententionz: I drive a RHD Integra Type R

Bullshit. Unless you're talking about the old school hondas from Japan.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well i got to navigate a 40 degree slope last weekend backwards with no brakes that was lots of fun the zuki is still alive and well if just brakeless and it is still the daily driver ...... brakeless.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    one of the braided brakelines gave out.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    That's Suzuki for yah.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    If there's one car America's done right, it's the Jeep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    IF ..... but it is still clunky slow and not right for off-road .......... unimogs are great but kind-of big ......... tatra's and kraz's are also good ........ but a jeep is americanized heavyness if you had a brakeline failure in a jeep in the same situation with the same mods as my zuk you would be in the hospital if you go and get a really old one they are worth it but the new junk hasnt impressed me build a tube frame buy a 1970 whatever and you now have a road legal whatever with a tube frame and boggers. The only thing a similarly equipped jeep will beat me on is power and speed but i'm planning on stuffing the hood full of 302 or rotory in the next year or so ....... crap that then makes it a minimum of 300 lbs closer to a jeep damn.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    I drive a JDM 1998 Honda Integra R, serious...  

AyaHu:

Bullshit. Unless you're talking about the old school hondas from Japan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    I hate honda. I had a civic hatchback ds and blew a head gasket doing a mere 89 mph up a hill it would top out at a puny 145mph and it was front wheel drive. blech! cant wait to get my heads done on the van than ill leave your jdm in the dust. :face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes thats right a utility van.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    elusivententionz: I drive a JDM 1998 Honda Integra R, serious...  

AyaHu:

Bullshit. Unless you're talking about the old school hondas from Japan.

In other words "An old school Honda from Japan" although yours isnt incredibly old.  

Suzukiman: I hate honda. I had a civic hatchback ds and blew a head gasket doing a mere 89 mph up a hill it would top out at a puny 145mph and it was front wheel drive. blech! cant wait to get my heads done on the van than ill leave your jdm in the dust. :face-devil-grin:

Honda itself is good, I doubt their SUVs or any larger vehicles are good but what is really good is ACURAS.  
    My Integra lasted to 250k miles before she needed too much repair to be worth it. BLESS HER BLESS HER SOUL. I WILL REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS BESSIE. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, owned everyone on the street, speed racer.  
    My Nissan is so slow, handling is poor, brakes are crap, tires are crap. Need to get some fly Pirellis like my baby.  
    Of course my 'teg only had one working speaker.. no heater....Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    lol ...... I think my most fun car was my grandpas 1989 buick century limited edition with the biggest v6 they had for that model taking turns was fun it would stick but you would be a foot higher or lower than the passanger going around turns, it had shocks ....... the same ones when the car was built. the fram would always lead the body making handling kind-of a mushy guesswork it is the only stock buick century that has raced on leguna-seca raceway yeah the corkscrew was harry the buick became a motorcycle for a little while.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    A Skoda Octavia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    notparistexas: A Skoda Octavia.

Foreigners.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    "My Nissan is so slow, handling is poor, brakes are crap, tires are crap. Need to get some fly Pirellis like my baby."  

No! Invest in SOUND! Not that subwoofer bullshit, high fidelity. Few things are greater than great music. |-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    you mean exhaust pipes with mufflers or rather lack there of?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    99 Infiniti I30 - Damn I loved that car.  
    00 Mustang - I loved this car even more  
    01 Lincoln Navigator - Was a nice pimp ride  
    02 Land Rover Discovery - The worst fucking car I have ever driven  
    08 Yukon Denali - Maybe drive it once a week because of gas.  
    01 VW Jetta - My sisters car but was given to me when she moved to New Zealand. Amazing on gas, Shitty on power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    New Zealand, sweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Oh, the sound in my Nissan is breathtaking, I got the Rockford Fosgate system and woofer. 6 speakers, twitters in the front. My musics never sounded so good. Now I have to do is not-die while listening to it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker: 99 Infiniti I30 - Damn I loved that car.  
    01 VW Jetta - My sisters car but was given to me when she moved to New Zealand. Amazing on gas, Shitty on power.

Navigator was one of my favourite cars my family ever had. Poor guy, Jetta's suck.  

How many MPG?Superhero!
  7.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker: 99 Infiniti I30 - Damn I loved that car.  

Navigator was one of my favourite cars my family ever had. Poor guy, Jetta's suck.  

How many MPG?

I think I am getting like 35mpg's. I fill up like once every 11 or 12 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    Thats better than my Versa! Average is 30 on road trips 35.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sounds like my samurai about 32 mpg now that I drive slower due to no brakes.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I average about 22 miles to the gallon, can't complain.