Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Seriously with the exception of one or 2 every sup I have meet has been a complete asshole!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    No, it's not a requirement. In general, the sups that are assholes are also bad at their job.  

Now that's assuming they are true assholes and just not telling you to do something you don't like/understand and you're just calling them an "asshole". If they're truly an asshole, then they're failing at their job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    I took "truly an asshole" too literally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndlicia
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Our componants sup is rad. Our audio sup is also rad. The rest our typically assholes. One moreso than others because he has been single for a couple months
  2.  permalink
    Honestly, it depends. I throw sales at the guys that work hard for me and am a complete asshole to the worthless.
  3.  permalink
    I'm going to say yes - save one or two exceptions, the supervisors at my store vary from "kind of a jerk, but tolerable" to "complete antagonistic asshole to employees AND customers"

unfortunately, turnover is so high that no one who sticks around gets fired even if they are terrible, and will eventually get at least promoted to middle management just for sticking around
  4.  permalink
    Supervisors are always jerks and management never knows what they're doing because no one likes being told what to do by a supervisor and you want to do things differently than management because you know better.