Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    The country is going down the tubes fast financially and yet you still see the malls and stores like Frys packed to capacity. Are people just dumb or have this "it can't happen to me mentality"? Seriously I'm at point that unless it 20 bucks or less or I need it to survive I'm not touching it until this country gets on better footing hopefully in a year or two from now. Why do people keep blowing money like its the mid-late 90s all over again...dont people watch the news or read the papers to see what is going on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    Maybe the depression is in your head. Get over it. It happens every twenty years. Gas prices are pretty low, you should be grateful, not hateful.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    meinside100: The country is going down the tubes fast financially and yet you still see the malls and stores like Frys packed to capacity. Are people just dumb or have this "it can't happen to me mentality"? Seriously I'm at point that unless it 20 bucks or less or I need it to survive I'm not touching it until this country gets on better footing hopefully in a year or two from now. Why do people keep blowing money like its the mid-late 90s all over again...dont people watch the news or read the papers to see what is going on?

That's the kind of mentality that leads to a depression.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: Maybe the depression is in your head. Get over it. It happens every twenty years. Gas prices are pretty low, you should be grateful, not hateful.

Crude closed at 88 bucks the other day, historically speaking we should be just under three bucks a gallon on a nation average. :-/
  2.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    meinside100: The country is going down the tubes fast financially and yet you still see the malls and stores like Frys packed to capacity. Are people just dumb or have this "it can't happen to me mentality"? Seriously I'm at point that unless it 20 bucks or less or I need it to survive I'm not touching it until this country gets on better footing hopefully in a year or two from now. Why do people keep blowing money like its the mid-late 90s all over again...dont people watch the news or read the papers to see what is going on?

That's the kind of mentality that leads to a depression.

Which one? My thinking or the people I'm talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You.  
    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.  

Credit keeps this world running.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    May Shai Hulud clear the path before you!Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    MUAD'DIB! MUAD'DIB! MUAD'DIB!  

Also: Its been slow as fuck in Store 25.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    September October are pretty much the slowest retail months of the year.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    Acutally these months usually in my experience are a lil more busy then earler months. I run into several customers doing some Christmas shopping around this time. I acutally had a customer the other day whose trunk was completely packed with Chritsmas presents.  

AyaHu: September October are pretty much the slowest retail months of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    elusivententionz: Acutally these months usually in my experience are a lil more busy then earler months. I run into several customers doing some Christmas shopping around this time. I acutally had a customer the other day whose trunk was completely packed with Chritsmas presents.  

Well, you could have a niche, but these are the stats.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    elusivententionz: Acutally these months usually in my experience are a lil more busy then earler months. I run into several customers doing some Christmas shopping around this time. I acutally had a customer the other day whose trunk was completely packed with Chritsmas presents.  

Actually, I think you are just hitting the few exceptions.. a lot of people are going to start waiting for Black Friday for the "supposed" good deals.. and you also have a few people waiting for the new macs to come out.. but then again customers have been saying that for a couple months now.. *hits head against brick wall*  

But as far as the recession goes.. It does seem a little slower, but it's not like "We have to slam on the brakes" kind of slow..  

But always remember.. "The only thing to fear is fear itself.." ;)I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    we are in a mild reccession, but not anything near of THE GREAT DEPRESSION. america still has a realistic foothold  
    of a steady strong balanced market. what makes this worse than it realistically is, the media...or how Rush Limbaugh best puts it, the drive by media. 4 years ago when the dow fell to these points, people were not paying attention to the market enough to cause as much concern as it is now. our market is highly fueled by fear form investors to the consumer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    What ever happened to free markets?