Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Who exactly do I contact? I have the number for the benefits department!!! Or do I just contact my local labor dept.?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's didn't pay me my vacation, holiday, and personal days on my last pay check
    I'm back from Vacation! Long Live Flea!
    Why are DMs such assholes about vacation?
    Tyler Bannock Got 3-Dayed.. He Did Not Take A Vacation!!
    Vacation pay and quitting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    I think there was already a thread about this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    meinside100: Who exactly do I contact? I have the number for the benefits department!!! Or do I just contact my local labor dept.?

if you still live with your mom.......u go up to her...then suddenly start crying to her about your misfortune :face-crying: .....after that youll tell her that youll have free time to massage her bunion on her foot, and before you know it, her bunion will be gone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    @golgo13  
    True that.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Gross.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008
    Contact the local EEOC and state labor office. If you can document that you are owed for that time, then they will contact Fried to get it straightened out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008
    You're lucky, kid, in AZ, we dont legally have to be paid vacation.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu: You're lucky, kid, in AZ, we dont legally have to be paid vacation.

Just found out from the Dept. of Labor that in GA that vacation is a benefit, only has to pay it if they want to.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    Actually....since they are based in Cali then they have to pay it because they go by all Cali rules. Didn't you quit like 6 months ago? And you are just now asking about it? Your vaca should have been a separate check that was mailed to you within 30 days of you quitting. Holiday and personal time don't count.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    missycj: Actually....since they are based in Cali then they have to pay it because they go by all Cali rules.

Actually, no. This isn't correct. The labor laws for the state in which the employee lives in apply. I worked for a large insurance/risk management firm in Los Angeles. I transferred to their Houston office and found out that I lost a week and a half of unused vacation time because Texas laws regarding carrying over vacation are different from California (in California, you essentially can't "lose" unused vacation time, where in almost every other state you can).  

Frys, if they're smart (and I'll leave that open for discussion) should have a set company policy for the state of Georgia as respects to vacation time. i.e. they can't pay unused vacation to one former employee and not to another - that would be a discriminatory practice that they could be fined for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    State law applies when a company is in a state. Some companies just use one ruling to make things easy for them, but I doubt it in this case. For example, when working at Borders, the state they are located in is required to give a 1 hour lunch period. They do this across the nation and make it required because its easier for them to calculate hours, etc. But here in Arizona you dont have to give any form of break.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    8 hour days for everyone, take your break when you are tired.