Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    Im tired of people going to conventions at the Convention Center and coming to our store to buy (or should I say rent) laptops and projectors. I get taxed on the product even though they return it! WTF! Almost all places have restocking fees so we should to. If a customer wants to try a unit thats why we have demos. I would say about 80% of projects in our store get returned.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Return Policy/Restocking Fees
    Fry's should have a employee suggestion box in the break room
    Restocking fees?
    Pico Projectors for me to try at Fry's?
    Fry's should have self checkout/use radio purchasing technology.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    There is sort of a restocking fee on projectors. The Customer Service associates are supposed to deduct for bulb time used. So most of the time the customer gets dinged on that.  

As far as laptops, I think not. I know it's a draw for people to do that, but it honestly doesn't happen too much for it to be a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2007
    No restocking fees please. I'm a customer that takes advantage of the so perfect return policy.:face-plain:i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    I feel like this rab guy works for fry's corporate. sent to put out a good rep for the fry's company.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    I work for Fry's, yes, but no one sent me here to say anything,
  2.  permalink
    I like the no restocking fees, that's one other reason to shop at fry's. Even though i don't like returning things i've bought, it's nice to know that you can return it without having to pay a fee if you simply change your mind on it.  

Way to go Fry's!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007 edited
    That's great. Most people return stuff because of buyers remorse. The average fry's customer doesn't go bankrupt. :face-angel:Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007
    Lets tie this in to the other topic on items with the reduced price tags (items that were returned).  

If you believe that most people return things out of just simple buyers remorse, would you take the opportunity to capitalize on someone else's remorse to save yourself some money?  

I've seen some PC's and TV's returned for pretty stupid reasons, so I can't see any reason at all why I wouldn't want to save some cash buying one that could be opened box if it had been returned for such a reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    What Fry's should do is write down the reason why a product was return. Customers, like myself, would like to know exactly why it was return. A simple "i didn't like it, and rather go for something else" would be a fine reason for me to buy a return product?  
    Reasons might be redundant for products but at least it's reassuring to customers that the products are actually okay.  
    A reason such as, "computer is not turning on", would definitely refrain me from buying the product.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Fry's likes to sell stuff as is. I had a salesperson rip off an return to vendor tag, told me to get the warranty, and to enforce the warranty after the return period ended so I can get a new one.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Sam:  

Fry's does place reasons on some items that are returned. Items such as computers will return to the sales floor if they have no verifiable problem after each one is checked by the Service department. The Service Technician that checks the machine is required to put a return reason on each computer, and your sales person should show you this reason. Some times these reasons can get separated from the machines, and if this happens, then you should feel free to ask your salesperson to power the machine on and demo it for you to your satisfaction.  

Other items that do not have a reason attached to them (smaller items, etc) are always on the floor because they were unwanted. Anything that is defective is returned to the manufacturer immediately and will never end up on the floor.