Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    I been told from computer dept sales person that these guys make $40K a year.  

To become a sales person, one must move up the food chain from stocking parts , customer service, than sales.  

The pay starts at $8/hr and up.  

How hard is getting promoted and making a commission pay check when they are paying you min.$6.50 + comm?  
    What products you need to push and talk customers out of sales items?  

thanks.:face-smile:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Got the Job San jose Location Store 9
    Ways to Help to make Relocation Inexpensive
    Does raincheck work at other Frys location?
    Fry's Returns, different location?
    Store Numbers and Locations
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Depends on how much they like you. I was hired as sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    true but then they were afraid you might eat them!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Humans are too dry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Don't waste your life at Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf: Don't waste your life at Frys.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    Thanks for encouragements..LOL  

After spending few hours on this site, The money making opportunity at major electronic retailer is pretty much dead unless one sells service plans, upgrade to higher profit items, and adding a add-on to sales just clear $500+ weekly paychecks is joke and thats putting in couple hours extra time after the store closes at $6.50 rate+ OT pay if at all.  

The added pressures of meeting your sales goals and fighting over customers for few dollars of commission on few items that you can make money will make your self drive crazy  
    I been their and from reading these posts only few guys will make over $40K this year if only if Xmas spending remains same as what average Americans has been spending in the past.  

So , just from commission sales people on this board, how many will clear $45K this year and from which department?  

Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    newmedia:  
    So , just from commission sales people on this board, how many will clear $45K this year and from which department?

Randy FrySuperhero!
  2.  permalink
    newmedia: Thanks for encouragements..LOL  

After spending few hours on this site, The money making opportunity at major electronic retailer is pretty much dead unless one sells service plans, upgrade to higher profit items, and adding a add-on to sales just clear $500+ weekly paychecks is joke and thats putting in couple hours extra time after the store closes at $6.50 rate+ OT pay if at all.  

The added pressures of meeting your sales goals and fighting over customers for few dollars of commission on few items that you can make money will make your self drive crazy  
    I been their and from reading these posts only few guys will make over $40K this year if only if Xmas spending remains same as what average Americans has been spending in the past.  

Thanks.

The top 5 in the computer department will come close. But those guys are vultures. They will fuck you over at any moment and steal your customer. So unless your are the greatest ass kisser in the world and are trained in deception then you have not a chance in hell of making 45k at frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    One has to wonder, why would ANYONE want to work for Fry's... Unless you have absolutely no skills whatsoever, and aspire to be either a slacker or gangbanger, there's no real reason to say you WANT to work for Fry's.
  3.  permalink
    ObiWan: One has to wonder, why would ANYONE want to work for Fry's... Unless you have absolutely no skills whatsoever, and aspire to be either a slacker or gangbanger, there's no real reason to say you WANT to work for Fry's.

Yeah, I didn't really want to work at Fry's when I got hired. But a few of my friends worked there so it didn't seem like such a bad idea. That, and I really needed a job at the time.  

And after damn near 3 years, I still hate going in every single day. The pay is alright for what it is, but my paychecks have been steadily going down hill, even though I'm one of the top sales persons in my department. I have a damn good knowledge base of the components department, and I know how to use the POS better than most in the store, but that doesn't mean I can rake in $50k a year just standing with my thumb up my ass. Every single sales person, for the exception of the Appliances department, will cheat their fellow sales people to get better paying customers.  

Making the big dollars is also a TON of luck. If another sales guy and I are standing around at the podium, and two seperate customers approach us at the same time, we each take one, not knowing what they need. If I get a guy who needs RAM (that'll pay me under $1), and the other sales guy gets a guy who needs a 48-port L3 managed network switch (that'll pay him like $20), theres nothing I can do about that. Its all luck of the draw, and it happens every goddamn day. It doesn't matter if youre a good sales person or if you know everything about your product if you keep getting random customers nthat need fucking RAM while the other guys are busy helping customers who need big ticket items.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I liked working there but then again I have cheat_sticky_fingers = 1Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    I hope you stopped stealing :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited
    We all been their, working your ass off trying to help first guy who walks in and as soon as you ask him what he needs help on than other customer comes in and asks for item that have bigger commission and buys warranty too.  

This crap happens in selling cars to furniture..all I wanted was the real truth working for Fry's and hoping it was like old days of selling big ticketed items at Circuit City wearing ties and sports coats but were able to make $40K+ without kissing asses or working couple hours extra after store being closed.  

I understand meeting sales goals and monthly training but if I am going to sell my soul to just make $100-$150 a day, It ain't gonna happen.  

Thanks guys for your help and I will stay with current job which is very secure and non commission but only pays $25K working 40 hours/wk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You can make good money the honest way if you know your shit and hustle. And you don't work in AT. Sorry people in AT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    ObiWan: One has to wonder, why would ANYONE want to work for Fry's... Unless you have absolutely no skills whatsoever, and aspire to be either a slacker or gangbanger, there's no real reason to say you WANT to work for Fry's.

I make great money for a 18-24 year old. My job is to talk to people all day. My schedule is completely flexible. Not the best job in the world, but not bad. Helps being a huge nerd too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: I liked working there but then again I have cheat_sticky_fingers = 1

I'd rather have noclip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah yes awesome for bank vaults ...... and i would never steal ..... >_>.....<_<.....>_>......only temporarily borrow on a permanent basis ...........Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You, sir, are an idiot savant. Well done, my good man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    sweet ......... am I the one that can read books with 100% recall memory or spew endless numbers or find every chess move known to man by staring at a chessboard?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Have you read Dune?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    not the full thing mostly altered history and what ifs interest me .... mix up ww2 with russia not attacking germany .... george washington loosing ..... inventing a steam power mechanical computer in the early 1800's stuff like that and the less far fetched the better.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    So if you havent read Dune, why would it matter if you can retain 100% of a book? Theres not a whole lot of other books worth remembering.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: So if you havent read Dune, why would it matter if you can retain 100% of a book? Theres not a whole lot of other books worth remembering.

Blasphemy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Hey, Im a sci-fi fantasy kinda gal. My favourite books consist of The Last of The Mohicans, Byzantium, Dune serieses, and a few others... Others by James Fennimore Cooper...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    Never read Mohicans. Better than the movie I hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    I read tech manuals and programming scripts and how to's and more tech manuals, in fact in school i wrote book reports on tech manuals when i was about 6 i had read everything from engines 101, to advanced automotive theory, to circuit design, MIT geology course book 5, advanced micro circuitry course 3, and clifford.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    You "wrote book reports on tech manuals when"...you were about 6. Sorry, but my BS meter just went off the chart. Please, start taking your med's again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: I read tech manuals, programming scripts, how to's, and more tech manuals. In fact, during school I wrote book reports about tech manuals. When I was about 6, I had read everything from Engines 101, to advanced automotive theory, circuit design, the MIT geology course book 5, advanced micro circuitry - course 3, and Clifford.

Fixed. Time to go hallow the ween.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Nothing like the movie! But I liked the movie because of DDL.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    yeah it was about 6 i pick up alot really fast and for this i have no social life only a couple friends but the good reliable type and i dont have any concept of emotion but i can fake it. the only things i truly enjoy and understand are computers and machines and i have a legal iq of 0 i actually cannot "think" quietly everything i have typed i have said to myself i dont know if this is the same for anyone else and it would be interesting to hear how your thought process works even if it is talking inside your head which is what I've learned to do............ the question is do you use vision to write is it actually a voice in your head like me is it numbers like a client i have or some other way ............. I'm also fascinated by the way the brain works each one is a different computer running different software and for any christian wackos in the crowd that is all you are a bunch of biological flip flops changing 1's to 0's just your logic board is a little faulty because your great god in the sky somewhere just made you wrong:face-angel:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    I did not show up for training after I past drug test, week of training and working from the stocking to sales while putting up with holiday day hours and traffic did not amuse me.  

Looks like sales training is pretty much weekly thing?:face-devil-grin:
  4.  permalink
    newmedia: I did not show up for training after I past drug test, week of training and working from the stocking to sales while putting up with holiday day hours and traffic did not amuse me.  

Looks like sales training is pretty much weekly thing?:face-devil-grin:

I cant tell you how many people didn't show up after training at my store when I worked there...some people just looked at it as an easy way to make 300 bucks for a week to just watch videos ,etc.