Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    What happened to capitalism? Why should the government in general have a say? We aren't air traffic controllers. *cough coughREAGANcough*
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    well prepare to loose money to people like me that want to start unions because i'll be riiiiiich if i do screw the workers unions are great. its another form of corruption that the little guy pays for in most cases.  

remember if you cant fire people that dont deserve work there is less work and less quality per product. anyone wonder why the american car fell to imports????? thanks to unions they were pumping out crap by the tons and now most are owned by oversea corporations.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    Suzukiman: well prepare to loose money to people like me that want to start unions because i'll be riiiiiich if i do screw the workers unions are great. its another form of corruption that the little guy pays for in most cases.

Most of my family worked and retired from union jobs...20 plus years of dignity, good pay/benefits and respect. Obama is the start of the next American Revolution. Even Ralph Nader was on CNBC the other day talking about how the standard of living in America will be triple what it is today if Obama is elected within 4 yrs and in 8 if dems hold power, America will be change for at least 2 generations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    im not saying they are all bad im saying they are easily corruptable by people like me who will take a large chunk out of the union dues to "run" the union. first thing i will be doing is setting up unions if this happens.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    Suzukiman: im not saying they are all bad im saying they are easily corruptable by people like me who will take a large chunk out of the union dues to "run" the union. first thing i will be doing is setting up unions if this happens.

Hey paying 100 bucks a month for a Union is not bad...in exchange you will get 20k or more per year for doing the same work, maybe even less work (18-19k still let after the dues already)...and not have to worry about some DM breathing down your neck over dumb shit that doesn't even matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    the point is to destroy the people in your way to the top take the most direct way and burn burn burn. If you are a big enough threat they will put you where you want to be vs the alternative of you disassembling them. Remember its eat or be eaten. in a union i can still find ways of getting rid of people if i was running a business but i still said most unions are corrupt and i would be one of the first to make such a union they tend to make the people at the top alot of money. while keeping the people at the bottom employed for 1-2$ less than their pay would otherwise be.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Suzukiman: the point is to destroy the people in your way to the top take the most direct way and burn burn burn. If you are a big enough threat they will put you where you want to be vs the alternative of you disassembling them. Remember its eat or be eaten. in a union i can still find ways of getting rid of people if i was running a business but i still said most unions are corrupt and i would be one of the first to make such a union they tend to make the people at the top alot of money. while keeping the people at the bottom employed for 1-2$ less than their pay would otherwise be.

Unions...the pros out way the cons. There is corruption in any form of human contact especially over long periods of time. Greed will always exist...not denying that...what a union does is make sure that greed doesn't destroy the little guy. That is the problem of business in America today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    but if the union is the greed destroying the little guy along with the company remember unions have 2 ways of making money union dues and corporate perks.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    Suzukiman: but if the union is the greed destroying the little guy along with the company remember unions have 2 ways of making money union dues and corporate perks.

However, the vast majority of unions dont do this. The reps who screw over the members tend to get voted out or thrown in jail, depending on state laws.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Unions have pluses and minuses.. a lot of people say we are at a time where we don't need unions.. but if we get rid of them, we'll be in a time we'd need them again. Unions have become too corrupt.  

but to answer the question, i dont think so.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    yes it might have a benifit but for those who can only work part time jobs or whose entire pay checks all ready go to day care that extra 100 buck a month makes a very large difference !
    meinside100:
    Suzukiman: im not saying they are all bad im saying they are easily corruptable by people like me who will take a large chunk out of the union dues to "run" the union. first thing i will be doing is setting up unions if this happens.

Hey paying 100 bucks a month for a Union is not bad...in exchange you will get 20k or more per year for doing the same work, maybe even less work (18-19k still let after the dues already)...and not have to worry about some DM breathing down your neck over dumb shit that doesn't even matter.