Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    cashier27:
    someone:
    Sasquatch: Don't forget racial profiling.

mexicans = psc  

Asians.... forget about it..  

:P  

although Mexicans are more likely to buy a psc than an Asian..  

You mean like that?

also  

asians = cheap

Asians are not cheap... Trust me on that... They are more likely to buy the higher end laptops and devices than others.. Just that they won't be buying a PSC on them.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    someone:
    cashier27:
    someone:

mexicans = psc  

You mean like that?

also  

asians = cheap

Asians are not cheap... Trust me on that... They are more likely to buy the higher end laptops and devices than others.. Just that they won't be buying a PSC on them.

someone:
    cashier27:
    someone:

mexicans = psc  

You mean like that?

also  

asians = cheap

Asians are not cheap... Trust me on that... They are more likely to buy the higher end laptops and devices than others.. Just that they won't be buying a PSC on them.

lol  

asians are cheap..trust me on that..they are more likely to buy stuff on the ad than others  

and they also ask if there is a rebateLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009 edited
    cashier27:
    someone:
    cashier27:
    someone:

mexicans = psc  

You mean like that?

also  

asians = cheap

someone:
    cashier27:
    someone:

mexicans = psc  

You mean like that?

also  

asians = cheap

lol  

asians are cheap..trust me on that..they are more likely to buy stuff on the ad than others  

and they also ask if there is a rebate

Just take a cross section on who is more likely to buy a Sony.. and who is more likely to buy an HP.. Now if you just only look at the asians carrying ads and asking you for the ad item.. then yes most of them buy the ad items.. but I bet you avoid the ones who are just lurking around the tables because you think they are only buying an ad item with no PSC. Talk to more and you'd see them actually buying more of the upper end stuff... but on average Asians are more likely to buy a higher end item than others... It's just you can make more money on others because they are more likely to buy a PSC than Asians buying an ad piece or higher end piece.  

You can not believe me if you want.. but I've sold more Sony Z-series Sr-series to asians than other people. Same went for the SZ's and the TZ's when we had those.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009 edited
    Sorry but I am going to have to step in here and say that asians ARE cheap on a whole (obviously, exceptions occur). They are the only ones who attempt to return items 2 years after they' bought them, too.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    AyaHu: Sorry but I am going to have to step in here and say that asians ARE cheap on a whole (obviously, exceptions occur). They are the only ones who attempt to return items 2 years after they' bought them, too.

thanks Ayahu  

and besides..i dont have to work in sales to know wat im talking about, its the same thing at FCO lolLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  1.  permalink
    AyaHu: Sorry but I am going to have to step in here and say that asians ARE cheap on a whole (obviously, exceptions occur). They are the only ones who attempt to return items 2 years after they' bought them, too.

LOL I wish that was 100% true cause if that was the case then my friend wouldn't be broke all the time. He spends money faster then he can make it.
  2.  permalink
    In our area, Asian customers appear to buy much *cheaper* compared to other customer groups. This returns thing to, they seem to do this as well.  

I know it's stereotypical, but there is some truth in it. As a cashier, I know I got to pull in the big sales if I want a nice raise for my hourly paycheck.  

By the way, I've gotten a few Asians to apply for Fry's card, and they seem to always get one of the biggest limits! Just found that interesting- I wonder if the credit agencies racial profile when they see people applying for a credit card.  

BTW: My best friend for 8 years, Asian, while maybe a cheap shopper- he was also very generous. When he moved to New York, he gave me just about everything he owned :O, and some of that stuff wasn't cheap. Desk... computer... cameras... So what I'm saying in this thread, isn't meant to label Asians as a cheap person, but more as a cheap shopper.
  3.  permalink
    We primarily get a lot of Hispanic and African customers who plan on buying a laptop or desktop to send overseas. Unless the recipient has a home in the states, don't even bother pitching the PSC. I just take them to Sony, Fujitsu, or Apple because of their International Support (some of which is optional). Also get a surprising amount of Eastern Europeans who do the same.  

Those who use sign language as a means of communication usually buys PSC, and in general, are very humble people.  

Asians... it is a true feat to actually sell any type of services or accessories, with the exception of the Indian community (technically Asian).  

Then we get the Caucasians who quote Clark Howard. Dunno if he is known country-wide, but he lives here in Georgia. Oh man is that objection an obstacle for selling PSC. You have to get really nitty gritty on the differences of the PSC versus that of an Extended Warranty.  

*Experience from one Asian customer*  

Customer: Need cheapest monitor.  
    Me: Most certainly. Is this your first time here?  
    Customer: I want the monitor.  
    Me: Okay, then. Are you familiar with our policies when it comes to our monitors?  
    Customer: I don't want policy. I want the monitor!  
    Me: ... Not even our return policy?  
    Customer: No policy! No policy! Monitor!  
    Me: *goes in backstock understanding that he would stonewall me on the PSC and confused at the same time. Grabs the monitor and comes back*  

Me: *begins to type it in* You know, this monitor goes on sale sometimes.  
    Customer: Can I get money back?  
    Me: That's our policy.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Dac biet! Dac biet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Hey I didnt say asians werent generous, my twins ex fiance lent her 400 for a deposit for rent when we moved back from texas with no money, etc. At that time, they hadnt even known eachother more than a few weeks/months and it was a huge amount for (us) at the time. But cheap, yeah. And love to return things. A lot. In retail, Id say 89% of returns were asians. And thats in a city with a 3% asian population. I mean, I did primarily work at an asian store... but still... none of the other races tried to return 2yearold products.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: Hey I didnt say asians werent generous, my twins ex fiance lent her 400 for a deposit for rent when we moved back from texas with no money, etc. At that time, they hadnt even known eachother more than a few weeks/months and it was a huge amount for (us) at the time. But cheap, yeah. And love to return things. A lot. In retail, Id say 89% of returns were asians. And thats in a city with a 3% asian population. I mean, I did primarily work at an asian store... but still... none of the other races tried to return 2yearold products.

Asians are jews.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    That Guy in Duluth: We primarily get a lot of Hispanic and African customers who plan on buying a laptop or desktop to send overseas. Unless the recipient has a home in the states, don't even bother pitching the PSC. I just take them to Sony, Fujitsu, or Apple because of their International Support (some of which is optional). Also get a surprising amount of Eastern Europeans who do the same.  

Those who use sign language as a means of communication usually buys PSC, and in general, are very humble people.  

Asians... it is a true feat to actually sell any type of services or accessories, with the exception of the Indian community (technically Asian).  

Then we get the Caucasians who quote Clark Howard. Dunno if he is known country-wide, but he lives here in Georgia. Oh man is that objection an obstacle for selling PSC. You have to get really nitty gritty on the differences of the PSC versus that of an Extended Warranty.  

*Experience from one Asian customer*  

Customer: Need cheapest monitor.  
    Me: Most certainly. Is this your first time here?  
    Customer: I want the monitor.  
    Me: Okay, then. Are you familiar with our policies when it comes to our monitors?  
    Customer: I don't want policy. I want the monitor!  
    Me: ... Not even our return policy?  
    Customer: No policy! No policy! Monitor!  
    Me: *goes in backstock understanding that he would stonewall me on the PSC and confused at the same time. Grabs the monitor and comes back*  

Me: *begins to type it in* You know, this monitor goes on sale sometimes.  
    Customer: Can I get money back?  
    Me: That's our policy.

Sony does not offer any international warranty.. read their booklet.. ;) it's only good in country of purchase.. (US or Canada)  

BUt one thing about the asians who do buy cheap.. it is normally.. I want this one.. Ok let me go grab it.. Here it is... as oppose to the other cheap people who have to ask a billion stupid questions and repeat them all 3 or 4 times.. step back a little to think about it.. ask the same billion stupid questions 3 or 4 more times before they say to go grab one for them.. and it gets worse when the time to get the psc rolls around.. of course during those billion questions when you mention the PSC, they seem interested in it.. but then later have to stand there for 30 minutes to pick their nose before they stand back to think about it before they come to you and say no, they don't want it because they have a friend that is so nice to them that they cheerfully help them with any and every computer problem including buying parts for their machines as well for free.  

But I still stand on my point that asians are not cheap. Ok maybe a good portion of them are, but they are very easy to deal with... except when you run out of stock of said cheap on ad item 15 minutes after you close on the last day of the ad.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    Asians buy the most expensive crap but will be cheap on warranties, accessories and cables. Like an expensive Mercedes but without the bells and whistles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I'm not cheap i buy things up to 500 and try to return shoes ..... It works about half the time.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Ever return an engine block?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    yes but its difficult you really have to find a noob at auto part sales. returning defurbished starters, alternators, and distributors is much easier. gut them and replace with the gutted new unit then insert the bad parts into new units casing and stand in return line.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    also only return stuff to kragen schucks or checker (same company) because of those stupid duralast comercials. I refuse to pay for something that will break faster than oem.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    Meinside100: Frys will litterly make you start hating people. I worked at Frys for almost a year and let me tell you my family noticed a change in my personality within a month. I was litterly making everyone around me miserable. Guess what? About a week after Frys was out of my life I was back to my old, nice friendly ways like before I worked at Frys.

Oh, that's so true. I found a psychology paper of my sister's when I was backing up her HD and she mentioned the extreme change in my behavior that started when my Fry's life started. I'm slowly getting back to my old happy, helping self. Slowly. It's a recovery process which I'm hoping will finally be cured with a better job, but I don't have one yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    stress and pressure turns peoplei am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    not me i am already at 100% cynical mass.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthor...
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    I started this topic in 2008, at the time i wrote this I was in the hiring process at Fry's. I ended up getting hired but I didn't show up the first day because I felt it might be the wrong decision. At the time I had a 10 year background in computer repair but the manager in that dept said he wouldn't hire me because I didn't have my Comp TIA+ certification. He said I had to start out in computer sales, that kind of pissed me off because later I took classes and received my A+ Cert and it was so freakin easy, most of that stuff I learned in my first year as a PC tech. I worked at Staples as a PC tech and the majority of the PCs I repaired were screwed up by Frys technicians and sometimes Best Buy too. No offense to all Frys techs I do believe there are some of you out there who didn't get pulled from the PC sales floor to be a tech, and don't say you have an A+ cert cause that don't mean shit compared to 10 years hands on experience.  

After turning down Frys I job searched for about a month and landed an awesome career as a systems engineer with SPAWAR. The Frys techs were making about $16HR to start I believe, SPAWAR started me at $32HR, and I been with them ever since. I wrote this follow up to let the management at Frys know that experience in the workfield is far more valuable than any damn certification. I just recieved my Bachelors in Network Security and to be honest the graduates that have been working in the IT field while they were in school have far more knowledge than the rest of the graduates.  

Thanks to the people on this forum who advised me to stay away from Frys, reading those comments and seeing how angry and miserable the employees looked in the store helped me decide against working there. I still love to shop there for the selection and I hope those of you who work there will eventually realize you can do bigger and better things with your life. Don't limit yourself, any retail job is a death trap, you start to get way too comfortable and before you know it 12 years pass by, you still cant pay the bills, you hate your managers, coworkers, and you probably start to hate yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    Good to hear the final outcome on this. Your statement that Fry's employees "can do bigger and better" and not to get comfortable says a lot. It's easy to get locked into a job like Fry's if you set your standards and goals low.
  4.  permalink
    Save yourself a ton of bs! Quit while you are still ahead and still have your sanity!
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2014
    Awesome necrobumping Alec. You realize your two posts were bumping 4+ year old threads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2014
    Alec epic failed