Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    Frys is going to get hurt bad as well. My former sup still works at store 38 and he told me it is bad and getting worse everyday to the point in which people are being sent home early everyday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    Ok but circuit city sucks. They always have.  

How about Comp USA, they also filed bankruptcy a long time ago. They jsut couldnt compete. Its not the economy shutting down circuit city.. its just another Comp USA.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    its the economy, every retailer is hurting from Kmart to Sacks, they are selling new inventories at steep discount so the customers will visit the store.  

Comp USA and Circuit City expanded while sales were going down do to Bestbuy over taking the market.  

Fry's will be around since they do sell alot of components wires and gizmo's , Its going to be tough Xmas sales season for all retailers since the profit margins will be lower...:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Wal-mart is doing well.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    so is dollar stores...LOL  

Costco sales were down 1%  

wal-mart sales were up slightly if thats doing well...:face-devil-grin:  

wal-mart sellls food TOO...:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Too many choices to shop. Limit our choice and we will shop at your stores more!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i dont care if the economy falls everyone falls except people like me who make money on failing markets by helping it fall faster. remember if you cant be the solution there is lots of money to be had in delaying it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    1% is nothing really.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I can make it sound massive though I'm an expert at turning puddles into raging torrents.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1.  permalink
    Suzukiman: i dont care if the economy falls everyone falls except people like me who make money on failing markets by helping it fall faster. remember if you cant be the solution there is lots of money to be had in delaying it.

What are you a short seller? If you are, here are some to try SPY, DIA, QQQQ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    I wish Fry's went public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    i like to do the you owe me money or a nice bed of flowers type deals myself. but stocks bonds and right now realestate can make a fair amount of money.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    Suzukiman: i like to do the you owe me money or a nice bed of flowers type deals myself. but stocks bonds and right now realestate can make a fair amount of money.

Exactly people are running out the exits with the stock market. For me, more and more into the Vanguard 500 every month. I've got roughly 40 years until retirement...dollar cost averaging over 40 yrs...A NO BRAINER!!!!
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch: I wish Fry's went public.

Go public just to be humiliated and bankrupt.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008 edited
    CrazyFox213:

don't forget all the countless, broken labor laws would come home to roost as well. When companies go public all their dirty secrets go public as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008
    Yay.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008
    wootLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    meinside100:
    CrazyFox213:

don't forget all the countless, broken labor laws would come home to roost as well. When companies go public all their dirty secrets go public as well.

The moment they go public they might have to actually follow rules and procedures. As well as fire management and over paid salesmen for the sake of being profitable to investors.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    worm:
    meinside100:
    CrazyFox213:

The moment they go public they might have to actually follow rules and procedures. As well as fire management and over paid salesmen for the sake of being profitable to investors.

And you know Kathy loves to fire people....just ask the former Benefits DM at Frys home office.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    I hope Circuit City has a 73" HDTV on sale soon.Superhero!