Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Just wondering. I never plan to go back!!!! PERIOD!!! That is what price matching is for, if needed, at Best Buy1!!!
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Have you ever seen a Frys employee fired after just one customer complaint?
    Is your frys full of weird employees?
    Hey all you store 11 former or current employees
    Former Circuit City employees looking for work at Frys
    How many employees have actually been fired for posting here?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008 edited
    Ive never gone back never plan on it I save money by shopping online and prices are always great at Walmart.  
    I also noticed that Sams-Clubs pricing is great even though you need a $35 yearly membership to shop. Their warranties arent expensive also.  
    Many great alternatives out there no need to ever go back.  

If I had to go to a "Electronics Store" I would choose Best Buy. The stores are always clean, stocked and organized.  

NewEgg.com is great for specials!Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  3.  permalink
    Every person is worth millions over their lifetime as a customer of Frys. The dollar stops here.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008 edited
    CrazyFox213: Every person is worth millions over their lifetime as a customer of Frys. The dollar stops here.

I find that hard to believe when the average American family makes 40k a year and I dont think a lot of that is dedicated to Frys only. I wouldn't be surprised if 25% or more of Frys customers are resellers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008
    i always go to fries because everything is free i make my own discounts for things that sortof resemble a mail in but not quite.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:
    CrazyFox213: Every person is worth millions over their lifetime as a customer of Frys. The dollar stops here.

I find that hard to believe when the average American family makes 40k a year and I dont think a lot of that is dedicated to Frys only. I wouldn't be surprised if 25% or more of Frys customers are resellers.

The average American family makes 40k a year? Is this legit statistics??Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    AyaHu:
    meinside100:

The average American family makes 40k a year? Is this legit statistics??

It's a lie. The goal is to make USA look like its credit worthy to the World.  

People are getting poorer as the housing prices are getting higher because of the demand for housing caused by over population. It's harder times for capitalist so they try to squeeze every penny out of you. Water, electric, fuel and commodities makes you go broke. The government demands more taxes and wants to squeeze all it can out of you as well and shift that money to poor corporations which deserve to die.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    meinside100: Just wondering. I never plan to go back!!!! PERIOD!!! That is what price matching is for, if needed, at Best Buy1!!!

There are a lot of things that Best Buy simply doesn't sell at all. Price matching is only any value if they sell the product that you actually want.  

I have gone to Fry's several times since I quit albeit I rarely buy anything there anymore. I bought a few components to build a computer that somebody wanted to be built, but other from that I can't think of much of anything that I have purchased since I quit Fry's that I didn't return. I went to CES and bought a camera at the Fry's in Vegas just to take pictures that I returned. I really only bought it because I left my camera at home, but I frankly wouldn't have kept it anyways even if I didn't already have a camera because it really wasn't what I would buy if I were in the market for a camera anyways. I don't know about the employee pricing on things, but the sales at Fry's have been less impressive this year than last year or other previous years so unless employee pricing is a lot better I probably wouldn't be spending much money at Fry's whether I still worked there or not.  

Save for occasionally chatting with some former co-workers that still work at Fry's I probably wouldn't bother going there much anymore. I know it sounds lame, but there are a few people that are worth talking to if I am in the local vincinity of Fry's.  

admin: Ive never gone back never plan on it I save money by shopping online and prices are always great at Walmart.  
    I also noticed that Sams-Clubs pricing is great even though you need a $35 yearly membership to shop. Their warranties arent expensive also.  
    Many great alternatives out there no need to ever go back.

Shopping online certainly can save you a lot of money. I remember back when I worked for Fry's that there were a lot of video cards that I could buy cheaper online than I could at Fry's even on employee pricing. Heck, I remember in some cases that some of the online vendors were selling some cards for less than what the computer said Fry's paid for the card! I am not sure I agree with Sam's club being worth the cost of membership. Unless you spend a lot of money you may barely save up enough money to justify the cost of membership. Add into consideration that most credit card rewards are half for dollars spent at Sam's club and Costco and saving enough money for the cost of membership becomes more difficult for a person that doesn't spend a lot. I am not saying that there aren't people who come out ahead, but I don't think it is as much of a clear deal as people think.  

If I had to go to a "Electronics Store" I would choose Best Buy. The stores are always clean, stocked and organized.

While BB is better than CC I don't think BB really competes with Fry's much in computer components. You can buy a HDD, a flash drive, or even RAM at a BB, but the selection leaves a lot to be desired. BB carries a lot more HDDs than they used to, but I think BB still has an underwhelming selection of computer components. Try finding a motherboard or a CPU at BB though? Good luck. Honestly unless BB has an ad I would just a soon bypass BB and go straight to Fry's or another similar store that I knew would have a far better chance of carrying what I want.  

NewEgg.com is great for specials!

I would say while NewEgg is far from perfect they definitely has been hurting Fry's in recent years. Unless you need something in a pinch(the switch at work died and you need to get back to work) I think most people would prefer to simply order something online to save a few bucks. The knowledge of most retail employees has gone from bad to downright pathetic so there really isn't much benefit to the retail experience. In many stores you can't really kick the tires on the product anyway, so you might as well buy it online unless the retail price is lower or you need it ASAP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    worm:
    AyaHu:
    meinside100:

The average American family makes 40k a year? Is this legit statistics??

It's a lie. The goal is to make USA look like its credit worthy to the World.  

People are getting poorer as the housing prices are getting higher because of the demand for housing caused by over population. It's harder times for capitalist so they try to squeeze every penny out of you. Water, electric, fuel and commodities makes you go broke. The government demands more taxes and wants to squeeze all it can out of you as well and shift that money to poor corporations which deserve to die.

It all makes sense now...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008 edited
    I dont think that one should ever double think about going back to their old store wether they got fire or not. Once you are no longer employed by any company, you can easily become a customer. If you cant come back because you dont want to. Then all that is really proving is that you dont have enough pride within yourself to know that you as an individual person is worth alot more than an ex-employee. I go into my old store all the time...why?....because i know that once i was no longer employed by the company i became a better person, and in essence it also made me a better professional with even a stronger work ethic.........then again thats just me........:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Agree with Golgo here.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    same here but the kleptology is what keeps me as a stead fast customerLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorZnx24
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    Where I work now, I have to wear almost the same thing (Office building). I'm really close to Fry's and some employees there owe me money. Honestly, I wouldn't keep going back but they really need to pay me. It is fun to do this though . . .  

Customer: Hey, can you tell me where . . .  
    Me: No I can't.  
    Customer: Why not?  
    Me: Because I honestly don't care. Feel free to complain about me to the managers.  
    Customer: Alright I'll do that right now.  
    Me: Be sure to include that I don't work here, Have a great day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    muahahaha i work in an office where its casual enough that i wear my mechanics overalls every once in a while. yes i am the only person to work in a cubicle in greasy stained mechanics overalls.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    I havent gone back since I got 5 day'd. I dont plan on going back either. I go to the Anaheim store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    Im wearing a tshirt I got in nogales for 1$ and some jeans I got in Nogales for 8$. I would hate not to be able to. Oh and Im not wearing shoes right now.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    As ghetto as my clothes sound, you'd be amazed what you get in nogales for 9$. And my shoes I got at Michaels for 10cents. YES. 10cents. They were 90% off 1 dollar which were on sale from 9$.  

God Im cheap.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: Im wearing a tshirt I got in nogales for 1$ and some jeans I got in Nogales for 8$. I would hate not to be able to. Oh and Im not wearing shoes right now.

Mmm sexy feet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Yeah but I have siamese toes.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    pix please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    asdf: pix please.

Indeed.  

I knew a girl that had webbed feet, a blue eye, and a brown eye.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    I plan to go back, but I don't plan on buying much of anything. I'll probably just drop in to see some of my friends there.
  6.  permalink
    Yeah I tend to stay away from Fry's, but I do drop by once in a while at my first store cause everyone there is nice. The last store I was at, well I have a few friends there but that's what myspace and texting is for.  

And for finding great bargins on clothes I agree 100%. At my new job I find really nice clothes for under 20 dollars. My biggest find so far was a DKNY shirt priced originally at 70 dollars, I got it for 13 dollars and some O'Neill jeans for 5 dollars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    girls all you do is talk about clothes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Ten cent shoes? That damn well deserves telling.
  7.  permalink
    asdf: girls all you do is talk about clothes

Damn right!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    Some people talk about cars and stealing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    gossipgirl025:
    asdf: girls all you do is talk about clothes

Damn right!
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    its awsome how none of you go back to frys but you still post on the forums. rock on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    We have a 'community' here.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    cars and stealing are good subjects it creates monetary gain and cars are just cool.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Bounty hunting can create monetary gain, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    running people down with cars is fun.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    God I want to play GTA right now!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i need to get gta 4 and edit the bus to make it a little faster with a little more power and a little heavier like double or triple all the stats.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    I want to get GTA for the DSSuperhero!
  8.  permalink
    Suzukiman: running people down with cars is fun.

I hit a bird the other day. It was sitting in the street and I thought it would fly away by the time my car got up to it, but no. Poor thing just stood there, I guess it was a baby. Sad part is I don't feel bad about it and this bird got pancaked. I think my husband felt more sorry for the bird then I did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Game gear was the shit. Sonic was my favourite game then.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You favor the British spelling?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Always. Nothing like adding an extra u!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: Man, I miss the Game Gear.  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_wHcwta42U&fmt=18

I miss midi music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    How many systems have you guys had?  

My parents owned a CollecoVision and Atari, so they were possibly mine since I've played a few games on them.  
    My systems in order were an NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, 3DO, Sony PS, N64, PS2  

I got the PS2 last year in a frys bundle for like 150 and lots of games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc and an nesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Atari, NES, Around that time we had this old computer that ran on dos. Then we upgraded to a computer that ran on window 3.1 and had a lovely dot-matrix printer. Sega Genisis, Game Gear, Gameboys obviously, anything handheld... It took me years to get a playstation, and I currently have an NES, a Wii and Playstation. Im mainly into computer and handhelds. I had a PSP for years and sold it, have a DS, etc, and a ton of varying pocket pcs throughout the years and a massive number of computers and laptops.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    I miss my P-90 and the original SimAnt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    What is a P-90? Google would not tell me without a fight so I gave up.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    wow you had simant shit i remember playing that game like command and conquer red alert the yard and house were mine in a matter of minutes the black ants never had a chance.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: What is a P-90? Google would not tell me without a fight so I gave up.

Pentium 90 as in 90mhz
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: What is a P-90? Google would not tell me without a fight so I gave up.

Dell Dimension P-90. 90 Mhz baby! Whoooo!