Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKalani
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    What's the name of the Department Manager for Customer Service?  

I can't remember his name, and need to reference him. Former employee here, so not sure if he is still working there..  

Late 30's to early 40's, about 5'7'', super cool dude, nice to everyone. I remember him having some scars on his skin, like from a burn accident. One of my favorite supervisors ever.  

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008 edited
    Kalani: What's the name of the Department Manager for Customer Service?  

I can't remember his name, and need to reference him. Former employee here, so not sure if he is still working there..  

Late 30's to early 40's, about 5'7'', super cool dude, nice to everyone. I remember him having some scars on his skin, like from a burn accident. One of my favorite supervisors ever.  

Former employees aren't allowed to give references, if the company finds out they can be fired. Only Home Office is allowed to give a reference and they only verify dates and title. If you want salary disclosed in needs to be in writing.  

Source: Frys Employee Handbook
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    meinside100:

Former employees aren't allowed to give references, if the company finds out they can be fired. Only Home Office is allowed to give a reference and they only verify dates and title. If you want salary disclosed in needs to be in writing.  

Source: Frys Employee Handbook

What information do you put on your job applications?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf

And what store are you referring too. There are like 35 stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKalani
    I just need his name.  

"Former employees aren't allowed to give references, if the company finds out they can be fired."  

This sentence makes no sense. No offense, but what are they going to get fired from? Their former job?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKalani
    My bad, Store 15 San Diego. Time frame aprox. 2007-2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Kalani: I just need his name.  

"Former employees aren't allowed to give references, if the company finds out they can be fired."  

This sentence makes no sense. No offense, but what are they going to get fired from? Their former job?!

Yes! Former employees will be fired. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    remember you can only get fired twice at frys guaranteed.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    what??
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Besides, most employers dont check references, anyways.Superhero!
  1.  permalink
    Suzukiman: remember you can only get fired twice at frys guaranteed.

Crap, I meant current employees are not allowed to give references. Proof-reading isn't my greatest strength sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    meinside100:
    Suzukiman: remember you can only get fired twice at frys guaranteed.

Crap, I meant current employees are not allowed to give references. Proof-reading isn't my greatest strength sometimes.

Just give out the number of a supervisor you like.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    The person you are refering to is Rick Andrade Customer Service Manager for Store#15 San Diego.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorKalani
    admin: The person you are refering to is Rick Andrade Customer Service Manager for Store#15 San Diego.

Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    I hate trying to remember past employers names and numbers! i think they need to do away with that part on applications, i mean what company acutally answers what their performance was like ?? i mean it seems to always be just job verifcation thing.:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It is a job verification thing.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    AyaHu: It is a job verification thing.

Bah...most companies dont check references. As long as you pass the background check, and are clean, for most companies that is the only references they need. Studies show people who have almost no traffic tickets and a clean criminal record and credit report tend to be trustworthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    Yep.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    including me ....... now how scary is that? makes you just want to be an employer right?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....