Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWow Member
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    They always have a position available...e  

Here are the steps to get hired.  
    Is as easy as 1,2,3  

1. Apply and look your best  
    2.Wait for the callx2  
    3. Your Training starts the very next day
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    The customer is always right? Not at Fry's
    Why do employees at Wal-Mart always seem happier than at Frys?
    Why do sups at Frys always have this arrogant attitude?
    The customer is always right? Not at Fry's (Forbes 1997 Article)
    What's with Fry's always being Out of Stock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Except for the part where we get a million other applications.  

1. Fill out application  
    2. Hand app. to DM of choice.  
    3. Show up early for interviews, dressed appropriately.
    •  
      CommentAuthor...
    Not that easy...  
    I just got hired and it took over a month from the day I applied. And they require 3 interviews, one pre-screening, a DM interview, and last a ASM interview, then you have your drug test and background check. My hiring process probably took a little longer than usual because I had to wait until inventory had finished but I talked to another new hire who was on his third week and only his second interview. Also, whenever I came in the store no-one knew where the person was that was supposed to interview me, some people didn't even know who the person was. This happened on two of the interviews, so for all applicants if they tell you your interviews at 1:30pm don't expect it to start until about 2:45........... and there might always be a position open but the hiring process sucks especially when you have a busy life.  

oh, and im thankful someone told me to put my application in the DMs mailbox, cause there is a huge stack of applications in the file cabinet that probably aren't even reviewed in the actual store.
  2.  permalink
    you just need connections man :face-devil-grin:
  3.  permalink
    Wow Member: They always have a position available...  

Is as easy as 1,2,3  

1. Apply  
    2.Wait 4 the call  

I was hired on the spot after a five minute interview with the DM...White Privilege :face-plain:!!
  4.  permalink
    ballerrrr24: you just need connections man :face-devil-grin:

Connections at Frys is telling the Fry's Card Girls they are hot and they will tell you all the store's secrets. Hell, half of the them are the store manager's second and third wives at just about every store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Why would anyone want to work for Frys, let alone shop there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Obiwan, why are you awake at 4:01am?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    A Jedi never sleeps...  

Who says I was awake when I typed that....:face-smile: I start my day early - up early for a little study time, breakfast, hit the showers and then head to the vanpool at 6am to be at work by 7am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    meinside100:
    Wow Member: They always have a position available...  

Is as easy as 1,2,3  

1. Apply  
    2.Wait 4 the call  

I was hired on the spot after a five minute interview with the DM...White Privilege :face-plain:!!

There are not many black people working at Frys. I'd say 2 black people in every department and thats it and thats a store with over 300 employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    ballerrrr24: you just need connections man :face-devil-grin:

My friend had me hired that day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I wake up at 3:45 and go to bed around 8-830.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Hello, grandma.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    My knitting needles strike fear into the hearts of little children.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    van pool?? is it a bus or carpool type deal.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorbogz
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    Sasquatch: Except for the part where we get a million other applications.  

1. Fill out application  
    2. Hand app. to DM of choice.  
    3. Show up early for interviews, dressed appropriately.

ive got just did my third interview...a good one if i say so myself the manager guy told me theyd do background check but they dndnt tell me anything bout a drug test XD....im screwed huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    If you're doing drugs, yep... Important safety tip - give up the drugs. Most employers are doing both background checks and drug screening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbogz
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    ObiWan: If you're doing drugs, yep... Important safety tip - give up the drugs. Most employers are doing both background checks and drug screening.

well im havent even touch any kind of drugs (except for medical purpose ofc XD) its just that at the 3rd interview...the manager guy just told me theyd do a background check first....or maybe thats just how it works? (i just graduated from college)...and its just been a few months since i came here to the us from another country...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited
    There are various levels and types of background checks that a company can do. Most do a basic criminal background check, which is probably what Fried does. Others will do a more extensive background check that includes FBI and terrorist watch list checks (just got out of a meeting where we were discussing that).  

If you can find ANY other employer other than Fry's, most here would recommend you do that. Fry's reputation as an employer is....bad.
  5.  permalink
    That type of extensive background check would have to be for a high level goverment job. NO retail job is going to check if your on a terrorist watch list lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    It's actually a lot easier and cheaper to check the terrorist watch list than to get a criminal background check. Most major businesses are doing both.
  6.  permalink
    That would probably be a good idea in these times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010 edited
    ...: Not that easy...  
    I just got hired and it took over a month from the day I applied. And they require 3 interviews, one pre-screening, a DM interview, and last a ASM interview, then you have your drug test and background check. My hiring process probably took a little longer than usual because I had to wait until inventory had finished but I talked to another new hire who was on his third week and only his second interview. Also, whenever I came in the store no-one knew where the person was that was supposed to interview me, some people didn't even know who the person was. This happened on two of the interviews, so for all applicants if they tell you your interviews at 1:30pm don't expect it to start until about 2:45........... and there might always be a position open but the hiring process sucks especially when you have a busy life.  

oh, and im thankful someone told me to put my application in the DMs mailbox, cause there is a huge stack of applications in the file cabinet that probably aren't even reviewed in the actual store.

Oh, man, that's crazy. I had one interview, got called back two days later and started 2 days after that. Guess those days are long gone. But then again, Fried days are long gone for me, thankfully.
  7.  permalink
    They seem more picky lately in hiring.
  8.  permalink
    A weak U.S. economy gives any company an advantage in hiring. They are able to pick and choose who is best for their company. I was hired back in 2002 when they were desperate to hire people. I can see how it's a lot harder to get hired at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlayer X
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    The policy requires that Fry's management does three interviews, a drug test, and a background test before and associate gets hired to a non-probationary associate.  

Most stores have all three interviews on the same day. Some stores have three different interviews on three different days. It all depends on how the store manager wants to do it.  

Once you pass your third interview, you will be sent on a drug test. If you do not pass the drug test, and you feel it is incorrect, you may take the drug test again at your own expense.  

If you pass the drug test, you will then get hired. Getting hired does not mean we have finished your background check. It usually takes a few weeks to get your background checks back...mainly because we take the inexpensive background checks as opposed to the immediate, costly ones. When we get a background hit back, we look to see if the associate was honest. We generally are not concerned with what is on the background, moreover if what was on it was listed on the application as well. If there is something that was on your background that was not on your application, than you will be terminated simply for not fulfilling your 90 day probationary period.
  9.  permalink
    Interesting.
  10.  permalink
    THEY ARE ACTUALLY STARTING TO HIRE BETTER PEOPLE AT MY STORE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    at my store they hire fucking FOB Filipinos, which is hella annoying when u have them as cashiersLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    They need to hire con artists, real salesmen. The store needs to make money.  

Honest people are the least profitable employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010 edited
    asdf: They need to hire con artists, real salesmen.

Fry's has them - they're called "corporate".
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010
    ObiWan:  
    Fry's has them - they're called "corporate".

HAHAHAHAHAHA OH THATS A GOOD ORIGINAL JOKE!!!  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  

-__-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010
    Damn Obi Wan you still runnin' your mouth? Like a little piece of cancer inside of you Fry's is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010
    Lurch: Damn Obi Wan you still runnin' your mouth? Like a little piece of cancer inside of you Fry's is?

More like a pimple on one's butt....annoying but insignificant.
  11.  permalink
    You got that ene right, insignificant.
  12.  permalink
    Friedsnake* when i had a job at fry's i got hired 1 weeks before black friday. i turned in my application in sleeveless tank bearin my earings and tattoos and was told by the css to come for an interview the next day at 2 pm which was actually more like 4pm . she asked me 5 questions and i had the job .

If you really want a job here hand in your application to the dm of the department you applied or ask for any open positions. and make sure they give your a definite answer. fuck the bs