Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So about 4 employees were terminated from Fry's in San Marcos earlier this week due to fraternization meaning they were living together. Now Fry's does have a policy on this but for the past 3+ years I really didn't see anyone really care until 2007. Now my beef is that they play favorites when it comes to this kinda stuff. The policy is mainly to control any domestic conflicts and what not which is cool, but when they do the whole favorites thing. The two sups that got married never brought issues to work and kept everything 100% professional. What I don't get is how they let the a manager and her boyfriend, a sales sup still work together in the same store. THEY DO LIVE TOGETHER!!! and they are on a higher management level at the store. I think that if they are going to play this game then play it fairly.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    There is a way to get around Fry's Fraternization rule ?!?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008 edited
    gossipgirl025: So about 4 employees were terminated from Fry's in San Marcos earlier this week due to fraternization meaning they were living together. Now Fry's does have a policy on this but for the past 3+ years I really didn't see anyone really care until 2007. This is when a Components Supervisor(Edric) and Customer Service Supervisor(Liz) got married. The CS sup was going to find another job or transfer to SD, but there were no openings for months. Soon enough the managers convinced her to transfer to Fountain Valley (over an hour and a half away plus a half a tank a gas a DAY). She put up with it for a year and did something smart on her own (without convincing) and quit. They still are going through financial struggles as anyone would if they when from a $12/hr paycheck to minimum wage. Now my beef is that they play favorites when it comes to this kinda stuff. The policy is mainly to control any domestic conflicts and what not which is cool, but when they do the whole favorites thing. The two sups that got married never brought issues to work and kept everything 100% professional. What I don't get is how they let the computer manager Penny and her boyfriend Brett, an MT in components still work together in the same store. THEY DO LIVE TOGETHER!!! and they are on a higher management level at the store. I think that if they are going to play this game then play it fairly. Either have one of Penny or Brett transfer or quit. Or Let the CS sup Liz come back. Sup 2 is open in Customer Service and from what I remember she was one of the only cool supervisors next to Juana, who moved to Texas recently:face-crying: Anyway we need justice, what's happening is not fair.

Fry's only enforces the rules on people they don't like or liked at one time but now want to get rid of them. At the store I worked at, the SM and ASM liked to bring up stuff that you did months and months ago (and they let it slide) and now want to use it as a reason to get rid of someone. So when a member of management tells you they are going to overlook something you did..its a lie...what they mean is that they are going to document it and then use it against you down the line in order to rid of you when that time comes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008
    Is Juana a short, older, Mexican lady?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Fucked up!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    gossipgirl025: So about 4 employees were terminated from Fry's in San Marcos earlier this week due to fraternization meaning they were living together. Now Fry's does have a policy on this but for the past 3+ years I really didn't see anyone really care until 2007. This is when a Components Supervisor(Edric) and Customer Service Supervisor(Liz) got married. The CS sup was going to find another job or transfer to SD, but there were no openings for months. Soon enough the managers convinced her to transfer to Fountain Valley (over an hour and a half away plus a half a tank a gas a DAY). She put up with it for a year and did something smart on her own (without convincing) and quit. They still are going through financial struggles as anyone would if they when from a $12/hr paycheck to minimum wage. Now my beef is that they play favorites when it comes to this kinda stuff. The policy is mainly to control any domestic conflicts and what not which is cool, but when they do the whole favorites thing. The two sups that got married never brought issues to work and kept everything 100% professional. What I don't get is how they let the computer manager Penny and her boyfriend Brett, an MT in components still work together in the same store. THEY DO LIVE TOGETHER!!! and they are on a higher management level at the store. I think that if they are going to play this game then play it fairly. Either have one of Penny or Brett transfer or quit. Or Let the CS sup Liz come back. Sup 2 is open in Customer Service and from what I remember she was one of the only cool supervisors next to Juana, who moved to Texas recently:face-crying: Anyway we need justice, what's happening is not fair.

Follow the rules and stop dating people at work. It's unprofessional, hinders job performance, and cause conflict of interests. It is equalivant to dating a cousin.
  3.  permalink
    Juana is short and Mexican, but not old. Some people think that if someone has a kid that they are old. She is in her early 20's still. Look at the AT sups, Karina has one, she's 22 and Lorena has a 5 year old and is only 23.  

As for dating co-workers, in my opinion you're gonna have people date no matter what. Wheather it's in the work place or even at school. If you get a bunch of people in the same age rang its gonna be like high school all over again. What else would happen when you spend 40 hours a week with the same people.....well with Fry's it more like 30 hours now due to hours being cut.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    gossipgirl025: Juana is short and Mexican, but not old. Some people think that if someone has a kid that they are old. She is in her early 20's still. Look at the AT sups, Karina has one, she's 22 and Lorena has a 5 year old and is only 23.  

As for dating co-workers, in my opinion you're gonna have people date no matter what. Wheather it's in the work place or even at school. If you get a bunch of people in the same age rang its gonna be like high school all over again. What else would happen when you spend 40 hours a week with the same people.....well with Fry's it more like 30 hours now due to hours being cut.

None of that shit counts. Mexicans have kids after their Quinceanera. Plus protection and abstinence is not in their vocabulary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    gossipgirl025: Juana is short and Mexican, but not old. Some people think that if someone has a kid that they are old. She is in her early 20's still. Look at the AT sups, Karina has one, she's 22 and Lorena has a 5 year old and is only 23.  

Ahh. The reason I asked was because there is an older woman in Computers named Juana.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf:

Follow the rules and stop dating people at work. It's unprofessional, hinders job performance, and cause conflict of interests. It is equalivant to dating a cousin.

I disagree. The only woman I have ever loved, I had met while working at a Target. Things didn't work out, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. If you find a woman worth losing your job over, worth loving, it shouldn't even be a question. If you're just trying to get your dick wet, then that is unprofessional. Also, The Sass frowns upon cousin loving. Guh-ross.
  4.  permalink

Good god some people start early with kids...I guess they didn't grow-up in houses that valued free-time and disposable income too much. :face-plain: Hell, most people in my family (immediate and extended) don't start having kids until about 30 or so.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008 edited
    asdf:

None of that shit counts. Mexicans have kids after their Quinceanera. Plus protection and abstinence is not in their vocabulary.

Authentic Mexicans started having kids early in life. Not to mention in some Mexican households procreation is all they saw growing up, so many believe that is all to life.
  5.  permalink

Having kids causes you to age FAST. I know several people in their 40s who don't have kids and they look not a day older than 30. I know people in mid-late 20s with kids that look like they are in their late 30s easily.
  6.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    asdf:

I disagree. The only woman I have ever loved, I had met while working at a Target. Things didn't work out, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. If you find a woman worth losing your job over, worth loving, it shouldn't even be a question. If you're just trying to get your dick wet, then that is unprofessional. Also, The Sass frowns upon cousin loving. Guh-ross.

I'm sorry but girls come and go....but jobs don't come easily in this economy. I have grown too accustom to food, a roof over my head and money to spend and have fun on my days off each week. Job/Living in dignity > female/ not living in dignity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    meinside100:

Having kids causes you to age FAST. I know several people in their 40s who don't have kids and they look not a day older than 30. I know people in mid-late 20s with kids that look like they are in their late 30s easily.

I know this 19 year old chick that looks 35. This is the affects of early motherhood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008 edited
    Sasquatch:
    asdf:

The only woman you ever loved.... YOU MET AT TARGET?!?!?!?!  

IM PRETTY SURE WE MET HERE, SASS.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    meinside100:

I know people who are in their 50s with 5 kids who still dont look over 30. It depends on your lifestyle, etc. Not just having a baby. My older sister has a kid and she still looks far younger than she is. It runs in our genes.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    i think I'm an auto-file but since i have 4 cars does that make me a polygamist? maybe I should name them??Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu:
    Sasquatch:
    asdf:

The only woman you ever loved.... YOU MET AT TARGET?!?!?!?!  

IM PRETTY SURE WE MET HERE, SASS.

Did I say Target? I meant FrysForum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Thought so, thought so.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    Sass had you at hello.
    •  
      CommentAuthormanksank
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    Remember, Kathy and Ken are dating each other! They both work at home office and they both live in the same house.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i wonder if one will get fired for fraternization that would be funny. someone should write corporate about this.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    manksank: Remember, Kathy and Ken are dating each other! They both work at home office and they both live in the same house.....

Suzukiman: i wonder if one will get fired for fraternization that would be funny. someone should write corporate about this.

seriously ?? people are you just plain retarded?? that is like saying oh gee the randy should get fired cause he works with his brother... the rule is every store but the Oregon store is you cant live with a co-worker or a family member. Gee wow that is so hard out of the thousands of people in each town you cant find a non frys employee roommate?:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i just said it would be funny and possibly make fried a better place.:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    The problem with the complaints in this thread are only two:  

1. Penny and Brett dating is something home office knows about and it's the reason they are not allowed to work in the same department. Also, Edric and Liz were allowed to work in the same store while they were engaged because they were not yet married. It was only after they were married (something Penny and Brett obviously are not) that they could no longer work in the same store.  

2. Home office, not store level, decisions were what determined who was terminated. Many people had hits on having the same address and anyone who really did live together were terminated. No one brought up in this thread was actually under suspicion for the record. The only other four people not terminated who had hits for having the same address where David and Austin and also Jazmin and John. None of them live together currently though, so they are all fine.  

Tons of people at the store fraternize, those that keep it out of work and don't do stupid things like move in together (which obviously anyone still at the store does not) don't really have anything to worry about. There's no rules against having friends!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008
    True that.I shit trains, Now what?
  7.  permalink
    omfgninjas: The problem with the complaints in this thread are only two:  

1. Penny and Brett dating is something home office knows about and it's the reason they are not allowed to work in the same department. Also, Edric and Liz were allowed to work in the same store while they were engaged because they were not yet married. It was only after they were married (something Penny and Brett obviously are not) that they could no longer work in the same store.  

2. Home office, not store level, decisions were what determined who was terminated. Many people had hits on having the same address and anyone who really did live together were terminated. No one brought up in this thread was actually under suspicion for the record. The only other four people not terminated who had hits for having the same address where David and Austin and also Jazmin and John. None of them live together currently though, so they are all fine.  

Tons of people at the store fraternize, those that keep it out of work and don't do stupid things like move in together (which obviously anyone still at the store does not) don't really have anything to worry about. There's no rules against having friends!

In the handbook it does state that family and roomates cannot work together in the same store. The store is suppose to treat BOTH situtations the same, under no circumstances.  

Also there have been applicants who were denied employment due to the fact that they do live together. John got hired cause him and Jazzmyne don't have the same address on record but they do live together. Conde and Austin, not to sure about that but I don't think they live together anymore. Kinda hard to keep up with Conde's new roomates cause it seems like he has a new one every week.
  8.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    omfgninjas: The problem with the complaints in this thread are only two:  

In the handbook it does state that family and roomates cannot work together in the same store. The store is suppose to treat BOTH situtations the same, under no circumstances.  

Also there have been applicants who were denied employment due to the fact that they do live together. John got hired cause him and Jazzmyne don't have the same address on record but they do live together. Conde and Austin, not to sure about that but I don't think they live together anymore. Kinda hard to keep up with Conde's new roomates cause it seems like he has a new one every week.

If you have family in town just use their address. Outside W2s, what does Frys mail to you that matters....just use a family member's address in-town. People do it all the time to get kids into better school districts.