Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So what is up being scheduled to 11pm and not actually ever leaving at that time.  

I've worked at Fry's forever and closed many many nights. I can only count a handful of times we've closed and actually left at 11pm.  

Most of the time we leave around 12am to 2am.  

I have shit to do, pets, friends and family to be with, beauty sleep, and even sometimes a morning shift the next day. What the fuck is going on?  

Stores like Target and Walmart have a dedicated overnight crew who clean up and stock the store. That way is more efficient and allows employees to focus on making the store money.
  2.  permalink
    Italian Greyhound: So what is up being scheduled to 11pm and not actually ever leaving at that time.  

I've worked at Fry's forever and closed many many nights. I can only count a handful of times we've closed and actually left at 11pm.  

Most of the time we leave around 12am to 2am.  

I have shit to do, pets, friends and family to be with, beauty sleep, and even sometimes a morning shift the next day. What the fuck is going on?  

Stores like Target and Walmart have a dedicated overnight crew who clean up and stock the store. That way is more efficient and allows employees to focus on making the store money.

Which store is that?? Usually down here in San Marcos most everyone gets out around 11, 1130 at the latest. There may be a very few times when that might happen, but that's usually due to some big sale like black Friday or the anniversary sale. Does your store have a cleaning crew come in at night and are locked up in the store? We do, but they just do basic stuff like clean the floor, empty all the trash cans, etc. I guess your store aren't as strict with overtime then ours is.
  3.  permalink
    They save tons of money and having the closing shift restock. They would spend a shitload more money hiring an overnight crew. Why hire more people when you already have lazy ass associates on the clock doing nothing anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    gossipgirl, "We" as in the San Marcos store use to close till like 2-3am. Back when i got hired. Sucked ass. But yeah, in the last 1.5yrs, We pretty much leave at or around 11pm.I shit trains, Now what?
  4.  permalink
    Punkzilla: gossipgirl, "We" as in the San Marcos store use to close till like 2-3am. Back when i got hired. Sucked ass. But yeah, in the last 1.5yrs, We pretty much leave at or around 11pm.

I remember those days...Coming in at like 1pm to close as a cashier, when commission was good, back when my paycheck was actually worth something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    When I use to work at the San Diego store I complained about getting out at 1am and complained about Sam. I wrote an anonymous letter then I was forced to fess up to writing the letter even though I wrote that I wanted to be anonymous. If the store had a overnight crew maybe employees would put stuff in the right stuff and they could fully stock the store instead of doing a half ass job.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008 edited
    Fry's overnight crew are janitors. They don't do shit but masturbate and steal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I weaned absolutely no information from this thread, as I was admiring the REALLY CUTE italian greyhound in italian greyhounds icon.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    AyaHu: Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I weaned absolutely no information from this thread, as I was admiring the REALLY CUTE italian greyhound in italian greyhounds icon.

What do you call a cute Italian girl?  

Lucky!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Usually Italians are ugly, but theres one thing they made right. Thats the Greyhound.  

Although in all technicality Italian Greyhounds were only BRANDED Italian and have actually been held as pets since ancient egyptian times.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    AyaHu: Usually Italians are ugly,

That's the point....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I know... I was agreeing...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    being half italian and half german means i am a brown eyed brown haired chia pet. anyone have a razorbladed lawnmower?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    AyaHu: Usually Italians are ugly, but theres one thing they made right. Thats the Greyhound.  

Although in all technicality Italian Greyhounds were only BRANDED Italian and have actually been held as pets since ancient egyptian times.

so in technicality the only thing that they made right was italian food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and ferrari's but the fiat still stands for fix it again tony.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    golgo 13:
    AyaHu: Usually Italians are ugly, but theres one thing they made right. Thats the Greyhound.  

Although in all technicality Italian Greyhounds were only BRANDED Italian and have actually been held as pets since ancient egyptian times.

so in technicality the only thing that they made right was italian food.

Mmmm, pizza.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    no its all about the calzone's and scratch made lasagna.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Pizza Pasta and more  
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    For a second, I thought that strawberry slice was your finger and you were pointing to the plate like, "check out mah delicious foooood!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    Nice finger.
  5.  permalink
    Lucky!  

we get out at 10:46 on the dot every time we close. Its so slow at my store.