Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008 edited
    Best Buy really does not want to buy the ad item  
    http://consumerist.com/5097986/best-buy-really-does-not-want-to-let-you-buy-the-advertised-special  

He tries to purchase an $180 GPS unit for $99 and everyone employee he comes in contact with wants him to pay $30 more for the same unit with the pre-installed maps which on the ad item takes 3 hours to install.  

Here is the law (FTC)  

No act or practice should be engaged in by an advertiser to discourage the purchase of the advertised merchandise as part of a bait scheme to sell other merchandise. Among acts or practices which will be considered in determining if an advertisement is a bona fide offer are:  
    b) The disparagement by acts or words of the advertised product or the disparagement of the guarantee, credit terms, availability of service, repairs or parts, or in any other respect, in connection with it,
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Best Buy firing employee for......
    Quit Fry's Electronics and work for Best Buy
    Best Buy CEO claims iPad has killed 50 percent of laptop sales
    Frys is badass its huge and prices are great... fuck best buy
    Best Buy Forums
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    LOL that's why they like frys better than best buy...:face-smile:
  2.  permalink
    No shit, its a store. They have to upsell or they wont make any money.  

I want you to own a store and see how long you will be in business if you sell everything for cheap.  

/OP is an idiot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    That's how you become a good salesman. It's strategy. Ultimately it's the customer's choice if they want to buy the advertised ads.  

I don't have anything against best buy's practice -- it's not enforced as a store, it's more of an in-store management strategy. I use to work there.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.