Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2007
    I think its some sort of self advertising...other than that they advertise in the Newspapers which not everyone has. Why don't they just mail out flyers?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    Fry's are really smart about their store locations. First off, it's all about value. They find the cheapest place they can get with the most potential. Most of the time, Fry's locations are set in an industrial area in a warehouse, thus cheap rent. They try to find these industrial areas near the major freeways, so people will see it as they drive by it. Also, having it close to the freeway provides for faster access. Fry's is really smart in the way they do business.  

I think fry's spend anywhere from 100k to 200k on newspaper advertisement a week for groups of their stores. Especially in the LA Orange county area, i think they spend more, in which they cover about 25 million people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Any other retailer does the same thing. When is the last time you saw a successful retail business in the middle of a 100 square mile field?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2007
    Only fry's has all their stores NEXT to the freeway! Of course, no store will have a shop in the middle of a 100 sq. what a moot point.  

Again, I think Fry's is really smart about this and i commend them. :face-devil-grin: They have some business practices that are really good. They really know how to maximize profit but pissing off customer only close to their limits. Horray Fry's!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2007
    Stores off the freeway is the smartest thing a retailer could ever do. Most peep not from the area can see the store from the freeway easily, and not have to jack with bogus directions. An odd practice I've never understood is building a store right next to or across the street from a competitor. I personally have seen Walmart, Target and Kmart all sharing the same parking lot. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2007 edited
    I know that the city of industry frys is right off the 60 pamona freeway. the off ramp pulls right into the parking lot. loli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPurple&Gold
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2007 edited
    worm:I know that the city of industry frys is right off the 90 freeway. the off ramp pulls right into the parking lot. lol

Yes, it's right off the off ramp. That's a ridiculously amazing store!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhumanoid
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2007
    Hm..mine is also near hwy. Drive by and u see Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2007
    skullywag:I personally have seen Walmart, Target and Kmart all sharing the same parking lot. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Our Fry's is near a Best Buy just about a block or two away.I shit trains, Now what?