Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcustomer22
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2007 edited
    I went to Fry's on black Friday, the day after Thanks Giving and wholly molly long lines and not enough employees. To make things worse their system went down and it took forever to pay because they were doing everything manually with pen and paper. I would think they would have a backup server or something in case something like this happens. I know they must have lost alot of money because alot of people didn't wait around like I did.

Poll

Do you think Fry's Customer Service Sucks?

Yes7
    24%
    No11
    38%
    Sometimes, 80%8
    28%
    No Comment3
    10%

Total Votes: 29

1. Other Topics You Might Like
    My worst shopping experience today at Fry's off Aero Drive [San Diego]
    Whats the weirdest thing you ever seen sold at Fry's?
    who else had a bad experience at Fry's black friday sale?
    Good experiences happen at Fry's too
    Yes! A good experience at Frys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2007
    I voted Sometimes. This is because some Fry's stores get tremendous amount of customers and their employees during such time cannot handle this inflow.  
    There are other reasons as well. Why don't you just go to Fry's and experience it yourself? hehe
  2.  permalink
    Yeah i was there on Black Friday last year too.  

I was fucking weaving around fridges and washing machines for like a hour!!  

shit was nuts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007
    Don't say we don't staff the store enough on that day, nearly every single employee is working on that single day. As for our system, it sucks major horseshit and seriously needs some attention.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    As the poll shows: Fry's is winning. Offering the lowest prices and fast and friendly customer service. Just smile.:face-smile:Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    Dean, I say Best Buy is winning. They outsell us by a factor of 10.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007 edited
    Oh pleaseee, the electronics department in K-MART is winning over Frys. lmao
  3.  permalink
    Slightly off-topic, but I'm not a fan of Best Buy. Their selection is rather limited compared to Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2007
    I vote "Sometimes" also because whenever I go in to shop on my days off at a different department(where they don't know me and think I'm just a regular customer), Most of the people don't know Shit! Maybe it's just because I expect the same level of service for me as I provide for customers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbc87
    Actually, I went to Fry's in California, on some street called "Kraemer" I'm a customer there and I see these funny Mexicans customers trying to talk to the sales people to buy a PC. They talk in funny English accents. Overall, they wasted the sales person so much time, and didn't buy anything.  

I went to the store on Kraemer, then proceeded to buy a gateway computer. Of course, my dad, pretending to know anything about computer. He confused me with false facts. He told my mother not to buy a monitor on that day, because we have an old one. I said we should buy a monitor because the old one sucked, supports very low resolution, and shuts off every 1-2 hours. Generally, if I simply went to Fry's with only my mother, we would have bought a computer and monitor with no fuss. My dad has a huge ego, attitude, arrogance, and stupidity. Anyway, we later returned and bought a 21.6" monitor, which was very helpful for my parents because I can set the text to make it look bigger. as a visual aid.  

I remember on that day that sales people were asking me and my parents if we need any help. We were already helped by a guy in some sort of striped suit. I also remember seeing that jerk face Asian guy who tried to push us into buying a Fujitsu laptop some time ago. I am very annoyed seeing his face, and wish to destroy him and his family, but cannot do so because it is morally wrong. Anyway, whoever that guy is in the striped suit, thank you very much for taking your time with us. I'm sure you didn't know that my dad was actually the one causing you to work very hard, and possibly my mother.  

At another time, in a different fry's store, I saw this one lady talking about buying a hard drive for a lap top, but she keeps showing the sales person a hardrive for a desktop. LOL. I know that customers are always an ass, and always will be (The dumb ones that is).
    •  
      CommentAuthorbc87
    However, I also know that employees and sales people can be very evil people. I wish I can come into the store, slice their arms off and kick them in the face. I know that I do not appear to be violent when you meet me in the store, but I really do hate some people who work in the store very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2007 edited
    You're very funny.  

Everyone has problems. Customers and employees alike. Im sure there are employees that want to kill you if you don't buy that Fujitsu. Its just life. Cant we just all get along. No.Howard Dean for America '08
  4.  permalink
    If I go to a grocery store at 5:30 PM on a weekday, or the day before Thanksgiving, I am bound to face crowds. This is something I know beforehand. So what else do you expect on 'Black Friday'? It's only the biggest shopping day of the year!  

But as far as this poll, it's a little skewed. Everyone's customer service will suck "sometimes" and one or two negative experiences doesn't always convince me 100% either way .
  5.  permalink
    Slightly off-topic, but I'm not a fan of Best Buy. Their selection is rather limited compared to Fry's.

WTF? i said K-MART where the fuck did you get Best Buy from?  

Your kind of an ass huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2007
    What is K-mart? Didn't they die?Howard Dean for America '08
  6.  permalink
    haha half way, those dumb asses had to merge with sears to stay alive.  

"sears essentials" fucking laughable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2007
    worm:Dean, I say Best Buy is winning. They outsell us by a factor of 10.

Best Buy sucks balls. And there are 30 Best Buys to every Fry's, so a factor of ten is pretty damn good.
  7.  permalink
    I think sometimes is good....i see customers in/out the store happy or pist!...but most of em dont care.I AM HERE FOR YOU!!! :D if ur not a dick :P!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorchen
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2007
    I was in the City of Industry Fry's Store on Saturday, Sept. 29th around 3pm. And I had 130 cash stolen out of my wallet when I was in the restroom. I had eye witnesses of the account and non of the employees nor the store managers would help me claim it back. I was able to identify the thief in the store and confronted the person, we ended up in an argument, and again, non of the store employees stood up to resolve this issue. Their management system SUCKS A$$.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2007
    You should have contacted the police. Fry's has nothing to do with this.i am a worm.
  8.  permalink
    Whats the worst experience you ever had a Frys

Walking in.  

(sorry the opportunity presented itself i had to):face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2007
    chen:I was in the City of Industry Fry's Store on Saturday, Sept. 29th around 3pm. And I had 130 cash stolen out of my wallet when I was in the restroom. I had eye witnesses of the account and non of the employees nor the store managers would help me claim it back. I was able to identify the thief in the store and confronted the person, we ended up in an argument, and again, non of the store employees stood up to resolve this issue. Their management system SUCKS A$$.

If they had stepped in in any other way but calling the cops, they would have been up their ass in legal disputes. Remotely accusing anyone of stealing anything is beyond illegal in retail. If the employee SEES someone thief something, they can call them out, but if they end up not having stolen it, they will more than likely be sued. You should have called the cops and if you really want to get technical you can put someone under 'citizens arrest' but it is a verbal thing, you can't legally touch anyone, ever.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2007
    chen:I was in the City of Industry Fry's Store on Saturday, Sept. 29th around 3pm. And I had 130 cash stolen out of my wallet when I was in the restroom. I had eye witnesses of the account and non of the employees nor the store managers would help me claim it back. I was able to identify the thief in the store and confronted the person, we ended up in an argument, and again, non of the store employees stood up to resolve this issue. Their management system SUCKS A$$.

lolpwned