Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgtecha20
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008
    I need a big favor from y'all, since we have such a great community here to help each other!!!. I bought 46 LCD from Fry's today (Black Friday). I just opened the box and found out that the lower corner piece of the TV was broken about 1.5"x1"). The foam on the bottom was broken too. I have not even opened the TV cover bag. There is a hole on the bottom of the cover bag and that piece fell down. I was freak out!!! This is my first flat screen ever, and I have never spent that big buck for TV before. Please help me out  

Have any of you guys experienced this? I plan to go back to the store tomorrow and get it exchange. It is obvious that it was broken before I took it home, because I drove like a turtle home (just 5 miles). Are they gonna change the TV for me right away? Do y'all have any recommendations for me to talk to them? I just want to make sure that I approach them the right way. They said in the receipt that the store is not responsible for the shipment, and I did not buy the protection plan. I do appreciate any recommendation from y'all. Thanks!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Black Friday from the employee prespective
    need information on frys selling me a broken tv
    28 things that will happen on Black Friday 2008 at Fry's Electronics
    Is Frys forcing its employees to work 16 hr. shifts on Black Friday..?
    Post Pictures & Videos of Fry's Black Friday 2008 Here
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Be carefull Fry's might try to blame you for "physical damage" try to deal with the Assistant Manager or Store manager. Which Fry's store did you buy it at?Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Also if Fry's doesn't help you contact the BBB or the manufacturer.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgtecha20
    Thanks for the advices. It's in Atlanta. So, should I try to find the manager right away? It is really stressful now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Try to deal with the returns supervisor first, the PIC (Person in Charge) then if he gives you hard time talk to the assistant manger and or store manager. If they don't want to help you then contact the BBB and the manufacture. Also if you paid with a credit card your usually protected against this stuff if they wont' return it for you, your card company can file a charge back against Fry's. Try the steps above first though.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgtecha20
    Thanks so much. I will try and let you know. Wish me Luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    if it was one of the ad items you might be out of luck as they might not even still have it in stock... alot of the sale stuff was sold out within the first hour
    •  
      CommentAuthorgtecha20
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2008
    Thanks for any advices. I did go there and they did not have a problem at all for switching me for a new TV. Luckily, they did have a couple left in their stock. I was worried about they ran out of stock too, because I went inside to check if they still have my model on the shelf, and it was not on the shelf. They took it off the shelf, but keep them inside. It turned out to be a lot better response than I thought after reading all the tread about Fry's. I think one good thing was I did not try to hook up anything after I found out that the piece was broken. That helps a bit in making them believe that it was really broken before I even touched it. Again, thanks for the advices, and have a wonderful holidays!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Im glad they didnt give a fuss.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    is fries sick or something .... they just replaced a broken item for free?!?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....