Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Hi! I'm Audio Sales. It's fun! This week was great for commission! Anyways, any stores out there have the Polk Audio Surroundbar 360 on display? Does it not suck ass? Ours doesn't have a subwoofer connected but our Polk rep touts that it doesn't need one. It's got the demo with all the explosions and Mos Def hitting the switch. It just makes the damn drivers in the surroundbar distort. NOBODY has ever been impressed with the sound. Maybe we gotta hook up a sub. Also it won't let us put in our own CD which will be better for demonstrating clarity and bass. Time to communicate the needs to Polk Audio!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Audio/Video Salesmen are overpaid and ripoff customers!
    Frys impulse sales tactics
    What is Frys comission rate for TV sales?
    What sales job makes the most money?
    supervisors writing up sales
  2.  permalink
    canasian: Hi! I'm Audio Sales. It's fun! This week was great for commission! Anyways, any stores out there have the Polk Audio Surroundbar 360 on display? Does it not suck ass? Ours doesn't have a subwoofer connected but our Polk rep touts that it doesn't need one. It's got the demo with all the explosions and Mos Def hitting the switch. It just makes the damn drivers in the surroundbar distort. NOBODY has ever been impressed with the sound. Maybe we gotta hook up a sub. Also it won't let us put in our own CD which will be better for demonstrating clarity and bass. Time to communicate the needs to Polk Audio!

What?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    O.o' ...... ditto?!?!??Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I understood them well enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    canasian: Hi! I'm Audio Sales. It's fun! This week was great for commission! Anyways, any stores out there have the Polk Audio Surroundbar 360 on display? Does it not suck ass? Ours doesn't have a subwoofer connected but our Polk rep touts that it doesn't need one. It's got the demo with all the explosions and Mos Def hitting the switch. It just makes the damn drivers in the surroundbar distort. NOBODY has ever been impressed with the sound. Maybe we gotta hook up a sub. Also it won't let us put in our own CD which will be better for demonstrating clarity and bass. Time to communicate the needs to Polk Audio!

Nice to meat you. I'm computer sales. The commission I paid out last week was pretty bad. Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008
    asdf: Nice to meat you.

Grammar check on aisle 5.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    nice to meet you i'm an IT guy for a startup and make more money than most the people at frys ...... sorry for belittling everyone ....... its a habbit .. you know:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008
    Apparently nobody's in Audio Sales cause I am moving a bit fast on the topic. If anyone has seen the Polk Surround Bar 360 demo you'd know what I was talking about!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008 edited
    Ok so how about something more simple if anyone is in Audio. What's your favorite sounding speakers and why? Only out of what we sell though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorshootsbrah
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008
    i agree, the surroundbar 360 does sound like ass.  

as for my favorite sounding speakers, i'll have to jump on the bandwagon and say Bose. they are such great speakers for the price!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    whatever costs 2-4 fingers ...... my lifters are louder than your subwoofer.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    ObiWan:
    asdf: Nice to meat you.

Grammar check on aisle 5.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ce_1228242959&p=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    shootsbrah: i agree, the surroundbar 360 does sound like ass.  

as for my favorite sounding speakers, i'll have to jump on the bandwagon and say Bose. they are such great speakers for the price!!

Are you in Audio or A/V at all? Have you listened extensively to the speakers because everyone agrees Bose is mostly a name. Their 201 and 301 bookshelves are okay. Their skinny VCS-10 center channel sounds about as full and rich as a starving African child. Try the Polk Audios yo. The RTi or even Monitor series is badass. Or for small stuff do the JBL CS6100. Or for the ultimate, Polk LSi25's towers or LSi9 bookshelves. Priciest but for a damn good reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    my intake makes more noise than your subwoofer.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorshootsbrah
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    canasian:
    shootsbrah: i agree, the surroundbar 360 does sound like ass.  

Are you in Audio or A/V at all? Have you listened extensively to the speakers because everyone agrees Bose is mostly a name. Their 201 and 301 bookshelves are okay. Their skinny VCS-10 center channel sounds about as full and rich as a starving African child. Try the Polk Audios yo. The RTi or even Monitor series is badass. Or for small stuff do the JBL CS6100. Or for the ultimate, Polk LSi25's towers or LSi9 bookshelves. Priciest but for a damn good reason.

yes, i am in Audio. i have listened to all the speakers you mentioned and the Bose AM-series speakers win hands down. oh how i like the sound of no highs and lows. thats why i like Bose!!  

suzukiman: do you need a hug?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    Suzukiman, Engine combustion is a different category of listening for me, but please stop straying this shit off topic. That's a challenge on this fuckin' forum Jesus Christ.  

Anyways you're weird. Do you guys have the presentation room that's decked out in soundproofing material? If you do I guess your LSi's should be set up in there and well there's really no argument. Maybe put on some tasty music and have a sit-down listen session. AM's sound crisp and clean but nothing to do with fullness. They're just good at taking up little space. LSi's just have pretty damn good imaging.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    I think he does need a hug !:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorNinjician
    Which store do you work at canasian?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    a challenge?? what am i challenging?? and i never said anything about combustion.:face-plain:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008 edited
    Suzukiman: a challenge?? what am i challenging?? and i never said anything about combustion.:face-plain:

Attention hungry.  

Anyways, I'm not gonna say what store I work at because I shot my TK Award plaque and I'm sure they've been known to get idiotic and fire people over it.  

Also I heard some guy wasn't wearing the leg part on the maniboard strap and he stepped backwards and he fell and his ass hit the pavement 3 shelves up! LAOOALAOOLL!! Dumb for not taking safety precautions. I'm not maniboard certified but I'm a professional ass driver and I ran over the box for a barbeque like two years ago. That's about it. Never ruined actual product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008 edited
    there used to be man-aboard drag races at store 6 in the warehouse until someone crashed into a pylonLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    Our store has 3 different maniboards with all different speeds. Racing wouldn't be possible =/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    dang too bad ....... they really do bend up steel pylons at 25 mph its rather impressive.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....