Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Hi,  

do you all stress and pressure on your customers to get Fry's card, or do you simply say the lines and let it be?  

I usually say all my lines word by word, but I will add in while they are paying or after they've answered "Will this be on your Fry's card today?" something. Especially I already see their ID for something such as a product that you need to be 18+ years old, or when I check the debit/credit cards with ID, I'll throw in a "... with your ID, I could apply you for a FREE Fry's card within 2 minutes no annual fees." This, to my surprise, has been working very well.  

Before, I use to hassle the customer a little bit- to the point where they'd probably want to kill me as they are walking out of the store, or to the point where they are on the computer applying.  

Just wondering? Do you try to get people to apply for Fry's card? What strategies seem to work? -- I'd rather not discuss whether or not you think Fry's card is good or bad. To me, the card depends on the person- and it seems to be just like any other store credit card. --
    •  
      CommentAuthoremulous
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008
    "i'll suck yo' dick fo' a fry's card"-fry's employeehttp://curelost.com
  2.  permalink
    Joshua: Hi,  

do you all stress and pressure on your customers to get Fry's card, or do you simply say the lines and let it be?  

I usually say all my lines word by word, but I will add in while they are paying or after they've answered "Will this be on your Fry's card today?" something. Especially I already see their ID for something such as a product that you need to be 18+ years old, or when I check the debit/credit cards with ID, I'll throw in a "... with your ID, I could apply you for a FREE Fry's card within 2 minutes no annual fees." This, to my surprise, has been working very well.  

Before, I use to hassle the customer a little bit- to the point where they'd probably want to kill me as they are walking out of the store, or to the point where they are on the computer applying.  

Just wondering? Do you try to get people to apply for Fry's card? What strategies seem to work? -- I'd rather not discuss whether or not you think Fry's card is good or bad. To me, the card depends on the person- and it seems to be just like any other store credit card. --

Fry's card is pointless....and the interest free items are marked up so the interest is included in the purchase price. I find it ironic that once items go off the interest-free financing the price goes down!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    meinside100:
    Joshua: Hi,  

Fry's card is pointless....and the interest free items are marked up so the interest is included in the purchase price. I find it ironic that once items go off the interest-free financing the price goes down!!!!!

Exactly what items are those? In the computer dept. I hardly see that happens.. but then again it's normally only Fujitsu laptops and such.. and I have seen some Sony's on 0% that go on sale as welll.. But then speaking of computers... if the price drops after being on 0% would be common because at that time, it's due to a normal price drop that occurs on them..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    someone: But then speaking of computers... if the price drops after being on 0% would be common because at that time, it's due to a normal price drop that occurs on them..

Of course, you still have to consider that most electronic products become obsolete within the month. Just look at what Apple has done with their iPods. Every time you get an iPod, the get a brand new one the very next week!  

As for how they select 0% interest/financing, I have absolutely no clue. I've even seen items down to little $2 plugs that had financing available (who the hell would finance $2 bucks?!) The best thing you can do is ask the Sales associates for a list of the products that have the promotion on it in their department.  

edit: As for Fry's card being pointless... I feel that any credit card offers extra security. Say for instance a customer drops $10... That's $10 gone! But if a customer had dropped their Fry's card, the card is exclusive for Fry's so somebody to pick it up couldn't just take it to anywheres... and then you'd need your ID, and last of all, your money is secured so if somebody did happen to get away with using your card, Fry's would have to revive your account.  

Another thing is, Fry's financing for anybody who would want to finance their product and do monthly payments.  

Last but not least, it's a good emergency source (of money) if something was to happen, say for instance all the other cards weren't work, or forgot it... shoot, even people who come in without any money could apply for a card... hopefully with instant approval... and could use the card.  

So it isn't completely useless, just not necessary. It never hurts to have one in my honest opinion- no matter how much you hate it, it's a good tool to have under your belt and ready to go for any of my needs. That card is just about as bad as anything else that's good for you- every rose has it's thorn. Granted, there are wrong things about it, I'm not saying that Fry's cards are super awesome, but there really is no need to make a big fuss out of it; if you don't like the card, then whatever...
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Companies like CapitalOne pay their affiliates $40 per approved application. Why not the Fry's card?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    Odd, no matter how many times I go in or what I buy Ive only been asked once to sign up for a Frys cardSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008 edited
    AyaHu: Odd, no matter how many times I go in or what I buy Ive only been asked once to sign up for a Frys card

You should signup for those secret shopper things.

20081214114644877133.gif
  4.  permalink
    AyaHu: Odd, no matter how many times I go in or what I buy Ive only been asked once to sign up for a Frys card

Hmm, my store is very pushy on it. People who fail the secret shopper get fired. So you have to say always "will this be on your Fry's card today?" then, we have to get at least 3 cards a week, or the manager will have like a small talk with us and tell us how unacceptable it is to have less than 3 a week or 1 a day-- often, the people who never get cards seem to "disappear."
  5.  permalink
    Joshua:

Hmm, my store is very pushy on it. People who fail the secret shopper get fired. So you have to say always "will this be on your Fry's card today?" then, we have to get at least 3 cards a week, or the manager will have like a small talk with us and tell us how unacceptable it is to have less than 3 a week or 1 a day-- often, the people who never get cards seem to "disappear."

I always find it inhumane to fire someone for something they have no control over (ie getting a Fry's Card).
  6.  permalink
    meinside100:
    Joshua:

I always find it inhumane to fire someone for something they have no control over (ie getting a Fry's Card).

I totally agree. I'm sure they use another reason- but I feel like Fry's cards are the very main reason... They are extremely pushy at my store. :face-crying: I like to work though, and it's a good challenge. If you can get people to apply for Fry's card, then you are like the ultimate salesman (or woman)! To me, it's more of a game now, but I still get weak on days that I don't get a single card... Very shy and somewhat full of fear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    welcome to the Holidays! Get your Fry's Cards here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008

They all read the forum and know it would be futile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I do secret shopping for apartments on weekends. I just did one this wednesday... they are interesting. Most of the time I just pity the person Im shopping because most of the time, they fail miserably. Like this lady last wednesday who said there were only 3 total children in the complex and showed us an apartment which hadnt been repainted and had appliances waiting to be installed lying everywhere. Tut tut.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    AyaHu: I do secret shopping for apartments on weekends. I just did one this wednesday... they are interesting. Most of the time I just pity the person Im shopping because most of the time, they fail miserably. Like this lady last wednesday who said there were only 3 total children in the complex and showed us an apartment which hadnt been repainted and had appliances waiting to be installed lying everywhere. Tut tut.

Only 3 in the entire complex? I hope it was a retirement complex.. otherwise i'd have to call her out on that lie. Unless it was an extremely small complex.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  7.  permalink
    Joshua:
    meinside100:
    Joshua:

I totally agree. I'm sure they use another reason- but I feel like Fry's cards are the very main reason... They are extremely pushy at my store. :face-crying: I like to work though, and it's a good challenge. If you can get people to apply for Fry's card, then you are like the ultimate salesman (or woman)! To me, it's more of a game now, but I still get weak on days that I don't get a single card... Very shy and somewhat full of fear.

They do. Everyone that gets fired for not getting a Frys card ALWAYS has something else on their termination request (5-day form). I knew a girl that got fired for not getting a Frys card, even they said she was a good worker, YET they checked "unsatisfactory work performance"....THE IRONY.
  8.  permalink
    I stopped asking for frys cards about a year ago. It's pointless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    would you like some fries cards with your order sir?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    someone:
    AyaHu: I do secret shopping for apartments on weekends. I just did one this wednesday... they are interesting. Most of the time I just pity the person Im shopping because most of the time, they fail miserably. Like this lady last wednesday who said there were only 3 total children in the complex and showed us an apartment which hadnt been repainted and had appliances waiting to be installed lying everywhere. Tut tut.

Only 3 in the entire complex? I hope it was a retirement complex.. otherwise i'd have to call her out on that lie. Unless it was an extremely small complex.

Yes she definitely failed the shop. You dont call people out when you are pretending to shop. You write it in their report.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    Suzukiman: would you like some fries cards with your order sir?

Lol!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFather Joe
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008 edited
    ronny: "i'll suck yo' dick fo' a fry's card"-fry's employee

Yo Joshua this might work for you, it did for sam(look where he's at now).THaTs RIGHT, BITCHES.
  10.  permalink
    I rarely ask customers for Fry's card signup. I don't get anything for it, and none of the shit in Components quialifies for the financing thing. I just don't care anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    my company provides an all expense paid personal/work phone with unlimited unrestricted call, text and internet usage blackberry or other pda/computer phone does yours?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: my company provides an all expense paid personal/work phone with unlimited unrestricted call, text and internet usage blackberry or other pda/computer phone does yours?

Company provides it but I don't care much for it since my personal cell phone does the same exact thing. Plus its not a the cool blackberry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    :face-devil-grin: I got a bberry and a server to go with it and a company credit card yay.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    Suzukiman: my company provides an all expense paid personal/work phone with unlimited unrestricted call, text and internet usage blackberry or other pda/computer phone does yours?

Company provides it but I don't care much for it since my personal cell phone does the same exact thing. Plus its not a the cool blackberry.

Same here. I got the G1 one now no need for anything else.  

A cell phone is really a leash, they can pull you in anytime they want.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    asdf:

Same here. I got the G1 one now no need for anything else.  

A cell phone is really a leash, they can pull you in anytime they want.

Wait, what are you guys talking about? I've never heard anything like this before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    When you get a real job you may be issued a work cell phone so that if you are out on the property or something like that they can get a hold of you. Its a leash.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    actually my number is only known by 1 person only at work with my work cell its awesome.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    And everyone else has theirs, Ill bet.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    Our blackberries are synced with our exchange servers, you can't hide!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Big Brother is watchingSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: Our blackberries are synced with our exchange servers, you can't hide!

But you can run.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    eh im incharge of the black berriesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    so suck on my reception fool ..... O.o' ......... yeah ............:face-plain:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Sasquatch:

But you can run.

You run with your blackberry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sounds like a wierd al yankovic album???? running with black berryLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  12.  permalink
    Suzukiman: sounds like a wierd al yankovic album???? running with black berry

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if something like that would come out... cause I'm white and nerdy :face-plain: *not funny*
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    man:
    Sasquatch:

But you can run.

You run with your blackberry.

You run with your iPhone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    oh god what have i started ........ but josh dont you roll on your segway i heard they have spinners and a body kit along with hydraulics ....... and the next song should really be about i-life if he does one. i will listen to it once say i hate it an send it in an email to everyone muahahahaha.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....