Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    $5. It was a deferred compensation check. Yes, Virginia, deferred compensation does exist.  

I was maybe hoping for the money from the recent settlement deal, which I wager will be a lot more than $5 after taxes, but I guess that won't come until after Christmas. I am always curious, what the whole point behind deferred compensation was exactly? Was it intended as an early attempt at a retirement plan before 401ks became popular in America? I can't seem to find my original employee handbook anymore, since I quit Fry's, but I don't recall the handbook really going into a lot of detail about how it was calculated. I know that I had earned a measily ~$100 in deferred compensation according to a manager when I quit so I suppose I will see additional checks in coming years for ~$5, but the amount of money involved is so small I wouldn't worry too much if I don't see the remaining deferred compensation.  

It is nice to know though that deferred compensation is real. Has anyone else seen these checks and if so how much money was the check made out for?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008 edited
    Deferred compensation is optional. Fry's offers deferred compensation. I don't think its right to take away from my sales commission to pay off other employees who do nothing or do not even work for Frys anymore.  

What's worse is they pay so little for so much work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 694
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    A friend of mine was recently terminated from his store due to a no show no call, among other things i think, but once terminated can he get RE-HIRED at another frys location store in his neighborhood??? Or once u are terminated u can not get back into """any"""frys?? thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    not if the home office log books say no rehire which they probably doLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    I received a check for $1400.00....so it does exist!!!:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    nacho-cheese: I received a check for $1400.00....so it does exist!!!:face-devil-grin:

Wait you get 1400 a year as an ex-employee?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 694
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    I am not sure if i am getting information right from a friend of mine. It seems he was 'terminated' in march , went into frys to sign the paper for his "no show no call", now he says he has 90 days and can re-apply at frys for employment in june 2009. Could this be correct?? Does frys often give their employees
    'second chances" when it comes to terminations?? thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    Job market that bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    $1400?  

I can only assume that was an annual check.  
    I thought it was paid monthly.