Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2007
    My badge reads "Computer Sales" it does not say I'm A+ certified or Service Technician. I hate when customers expect me to know how to fix their computer or ask me tech support questions. I'm not the manufacturer of the product, I will explain to you how it works and what the benfits are but if your having a problem I suggest you contact the manufactuer. I think its especially funny when people buy a desktop/laptop and they bring it back to the store and they are like can you help me with this problem with my computer I bought here, I ask they did you buy our service warranty they say no, I say I can't help them , to contact the manufacturers support line, which happens to redirect you to India. Moral of the story buy a warranty and if you need help contact the manufacturer of the product!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Audio/Video Salesmen are overpaid and ripoff customers!
    People calling for tech support
    So how much are salesmen really making?
    Fry's on life support?
    As long as Fry's doesn't care about its employees it will not be a succesful company
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    I bet you get a lot of things returned on you, don't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Not really actually. I just don't like doing tech support there is a difference.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    tech support does not make me money...selling doesFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2007 edited
    The other day i was asking detailed questions to an sales associate about MP3 players.  

He helped out a lot but was kind of pushy... he remained determined that I purchase a San Disk Sansa 1gb no matter what other alternatives I mentioned.  

He didn't seem to want to help me. He didn't give me a quote I guess he did so out of the kindness of his heart.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheATM
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    As a Software Associate, I really hate getting calls asking why their software doesn't work with their computer. If I knew that, I'd probably be working in the tech support industry, not at Fry's. If it's something that I know the answer to, I try to help out, but if not, I flat out tell them I'm not qualified to answer their question.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    The software department should sell a Software Service Contract for software technical support.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007 edited
    flea:My badge reads "Computer Sales" it does not say I'm A+ certified or Service Technician. I hate when customers expect me to know how to fix their computer or ask me tech support questions. I'm not the manufacturer of the product, I will explain to you how it works and what the benfits are but if your having a problem I suggest you contact the manufactuer. I think its especially funny when people buy a desktop/laptop and they bring it back to the store and they are like can you help me with this problem with my computer I bought here, I ask they did you buy our service warranty they say no, I say I can't help them , to contact the manufacturers support line, which happens to redirect you to India. Moral of the story buy a warranty and if you need help contact the manufacturer of the product!

Thats because the mass expectation is that you exibit some sort of knowledge of what you are selling. repeatedly i read posts from you complaining that people expect you to know somthing thats part of your job. part of "computer sales" is knowing your product...  

if you dont exibit some knowledge then your just in the way. if its not your job to know the product then get the f.. out of the way and ill pick it out myself.  
    printing out a peice of paper with your name on it isnt sales moron. if i have to do all the work and research then they should be paying me the commision.  

flea:tech support does not make me money...selling does

try being helpful and informative for once. i promise you your sales will go up and your returns will go down.  

you dont have to know everything, dont get me wrong. nor do you need to be a++ but you should know the basics. anything above that and its your job to know where to find the information fast.  

read the spec sheets in your spare moments, walk the customer over to a computer with internet and help them look up the information they need. walk them over to tech support and ask them. somtimes telling a customer you dont know but your going to work with them to find out scores you huge points and loyalty.  

If you cant at least remember where to go for information when a customer needs it you need a new career.
  2.  permalink
    I never get returns...I refuse to do tech support myself I kindly tell the customers to call the manuf. they know the product more and can guide you through the whole process. Knowing about a product that you sell and doing tech support over the phone or in person is not the same thing why do you think we have both a service and a sales department cause they are two different things dumb ass!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    You work at frys to solf peoples problems. That includes some sort of technical support. Some people need emotional support.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    greatsalesperson:I never get returns...I refuse to do tech support myself I kindly tell the customers to call the manuf. they know the product more and can guide you through the whole process. Knowing about a product that you sell and doing tech support over the phone or in person is not the same thing why do you think we have both a service and a sales department cause they are two different things dumb ass!

you at least have a prepared recommendation. its not he most helpful but at least you have something.  

im not talking about customers calling in and askng how to fix there pc. im talking about the customer standing in front of you who took the time to come to your store to purchase something.  

Rather than continue assume with the rest of the public what your job duties are as sales rep for _____ department. why dont you educate the public on exactly what your responsibility to the customer is as saleperson?  

because if its not to provide a customer with the information they need to make a purchase than i, as well as the rest of the consumer world dont really know what to expect.  

fwiw i to work in sales. i sell mortgages. yes it is a completly different feild but its still sales so i understand the frustrations involved, as well as what it takes to feed yourself or your family and deal with the pressure to meet quotas from managment. Or reach the next teir in your commission schedule.  

But at some point you still have a responsibility to your customer. and i fail to see anyone claiming what that responsibility is. its obvious you as the salesperson thinks that it is somthing different than joe consumer.  

so with the utmost respect do you care to enlighten those interested in finding out what that is?