Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I was shocked to find my schedule is 6am to 11pm the day after Christmas... so is everybody else? I heard everybody talking about Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving... but nobody said anything about the day after Christmas?  

Can someone let me in on what I should be expecting? Is it going to be like long 4-5 hr lines like Black Friday... or are they over-preparing for a big nothing? I'm a CSA [Cashier] by the way.  

I would think the only place that would be needing people would be Returns on the day after Christmas lol. I asked if I could go to that department, but they are too late lol.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Day-After-Christmas Sale?
    Before Christmas 2008 Fry's Electronics Ad/ After Christmas 2008 Fry's Electronics Ad
    Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!
    Frys Christmas Cheer (You Are Out of Here)
    Christmas isn't the only time for surprises.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    WORKING AT FRY'S SUCKS! YOUR OVER WORKED AND OVER PAID! QUIT WHILE YOU CAN. THE CASHIER DEPT IS NOTHING BUT DRAMA AND EMPLOYEES SLEEPING WITH EACH OTHER AND GETTING PREGNANT. YOUR GOING TO GET NASTY FOOD THAT FRY'S BUYS YOU FOR WORKING 12-16 HOURS THAT PROBABLY HAS FOOD POISONING FROM SITTING OUTSIDE ALL DAY AND NOT BEING REFRIGERATED. WHY DOES NO ONE DO ANYTHING ABOUT FRY'S FUCKED UP 16 HOUR SHIFTS? ISN'T THIS ILLEGAL IN SO MANY WAYS?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    flea: WORKING AT FRY'S SUCKS! YOUR OVER WORKED AND OVER PAID! QUIT WHILE YOU CAN. THE CASHIER DEPT IS NOTHING BUT DRAMA AND EMPLOYEES SLEEPING WITH EACH OTHER AND GETTING PREGNANT. YOUR GOING TO GET NASTY FOOD THAT FRY'S BUYS YOU FOR WORKING 12-16 HOURS THAT PROBABLY HAS FOOD POISONING FROM SITTING OUTSIDE ALL DAY AND NOT BEING REFRIGERATED. WHY DOES NO ONE DO ANYTHING ABOUT FRY'S FUCKED UP 16 HOUR SHIFTS? ISN'T THIS ILLEGAL IN SO MANY WAYS?

I think you mean underpaid.
  4.  permalink
    are you fucking kidding me? you're working 18hours the day after xmas? i don't care what the overtime is, i won't work that much in one day, especially the day after xmas. thats ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorshootsbrah
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    flea: WORKING AT FRY'S SUCKS! YOUR OVER WORKED AND OVER PAID! QUIT WHILE YOU CAN. THE CASHIER DEPT IS NOTHING BUT DRAMA AND EMPLOYEES SLEEPING WITH EACH OTHER AND GETTING PREGNANT. YOUR GOING TO GET NASTY FOOD THAT FRY'S BUYS YOU FOR WORKING 12-16 HOURS THAT PROBABLY HAS FOOD POISONING FROM SITTING OUTSIDE ALL DAY AND NOT BEING REFRIGERATED. WHY DOES NO ONE DO ANYTHING ABOUT FRY'S FUCKED UP 16 HOUR SHIFTS? ISN'T THIS ILLEGAL IN SO MANY WAYS?

am i the only one on here that thinks working at fry's isn't all that bad? i actually kinda enjoy my job. im in sales and work with a great group of people. i dont mind working black friday or the day after christmas. those are the days you make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! to me, after seeing your check the following week, its all worth it. on regular days, its easy money. clock in, sell, mind your own business, sell, then clock out. done for the day!
  5.  permalink
    Um you know you can leave after 12 hours if you are an hourly employee they can't fire you its against the law. Also, they are required to allow you 8 hours between shifts, 6 for sleep and one hour for driving each direction.
  6.  permalink
    Fry's breaks every law on wages and hours and scheduling and pay
    They underpay their employees and treat them like rats and slaves
    They don't obey labor laws and rules why havne't they been fined or sued yet?
  7.  permalink
    shootsbrah:

am i the only one on here that thinks working at fry's isn't all that bad? i actually kinda enjoy my job. im in sales and work with a great group of people. i dont mind working black friday or the day after christmas. those are the days you make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! to me, after seeing your check the following week, its all worth it. on regular days, its easy money. clock in, sell, mind your own business, sell, then clock out. done for the day!

I enjoy working, and I got the job everybody hates :face-monkey:... It's not that bad... the way you guys say it is as if they had a whip and they were torturing all of us to work there for no pay. I get payed every week... They pay well, though not the best. I'm only 19, I'm not expecting enough money off of Fry's to live off of, I'm still going for school. The hours have been flexible, I've gotten everyday I've asked off for. I'm very pleased to work there. Sure, as a cashier, it stinks that you have to do little duties here and there... but it's only for one hour, it's easy stuff, and half the time... people don't do it anyways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    I don't mind working for Fry's.  
    To answer this topic, people at our store were scheduled like 10-12hr shifts, but then it was changed to normal shifts. There is suppose to be no overtime at all.I shit trains, Now what?
  8.  permalink
    Punkzilla: I don't mind working for Fry's.  
    To answer this topic, people at our store were scheduled like 10-12hr shifts, but then it was changed to normal shifts. There is suppose to be no overtime at all.

6am to 11pm for me :face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    To answer this topic, people at our store were scheduled like 10-12hr shifts, but then it was changed to normal shifts. There is suppose to be no overtime at all.

Seems strange to apply that to salesmen; our base pay is a whopping $6.55. Thank goodness for commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    Joshua:

6am to 11pm for me :face-plain:

2:30pm to 10:45pm for me.  
    I'm in returns though, so it's going to suck the most. :face-sad:I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I have the utmost sympathy for returns department today.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    Funny how no one mentions that there are a couple of 3-4 hour breaks in there.

So, no, not an 18-hour day, you fucking hyperbolists. My schedule is 7am-11am, 3pm-6pm, 8pm-11pm.

That's 10 hours. Learn some math, fuckfaces.
  10.  permalink
    You're a moron if you think spending 18 hours at work is not a waste of fucken time. Plus you are getting paid for only 10 hours.
  11.  permalink
    they changed my schedule at the the last minute. the last day i worked before xmas was tuesday the 23rd. i had expected to work an 8 hour day today they 26th because that is what my schedule said on the 23rd. i walk in today and they tell me that i'm already late and that i'm scheduled to be there for another 12 hours. with a two hour lunch in between. right now i'm on my two hour lunch posting this from my phone. but how can they possibly change my schedule at the last minute without notifying me????! and make it so that when i walk in on time to my last available schedule, that i am really an hour late for my new schedule that i was never notified about??? i mean i'm going to work because i like money, but how is that legal. and i could possibly get in trouble for being a whole hour late?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Guest: Funny how no one mentions that there are a couple of 3-4 hour breaks in there.  

So, no, not an 18-hour day, you fucking hyperbolists. My schedule is 7am-11am, 3pm-6pm, 8pm-11pm.  

Actually, It's different from store to store.
  12.  permalink
    My schedule was 6AM-3PM. No overtime allowed. At all.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  13.  permalink
    Guest: Funny how no one mentions that there are a couple of 3-4 hour breaks in there.  

Attitude like that really grinds my gears man, I'm just gonna have to tell you how I feel about your response so you can learn from your mistakes- I'm doing you a favour here:  

You're the only one that looks like a stupid fuck right now. You think just because your schedule has 3-4 hours breaks means that everybody else got 3-4 hours breaks at every store and department. My schedule had three 30-minute breaks as lunch breaks. That was from 6am to 11pm, which means "17 hours minus 1.5 hours" equals "15.5 hours"... Not such exaggerated math there huh, go find yourself a ruler and fuck it so you can do your math again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Throw a protractor in there for a hawt threesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ahhhhhh im just finishing up a paid 5 day break from work for xmas:face-smile: ................. oh sorry for my inconsiderate post i forgot this is the frys forum my bad:face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited
    Suzukiman: ahhhhhh im just finishing up a paid 5 day break from work for xmas:face-smile: ................. oh sorry for my inconsiderate post i forgot this is the frys forum my bad:face-devil-grin:

That's fucked up. Fry's policy states you cannot take a vacation of any kind from November 20th though December 27th!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i know if people would stop blazing it up you may get a job like mine .......... i wish this forum has the asshole thumbs up smiley:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Suzukiman: i know if people would stop blazing it up you may get a job like mine .......... i wish this forum has the asshole thumbs up smiley:face-smile:

thumbsup.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    close but not quite ........... man cant find the perfect one that reminds me of a former boss.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    man:
    Suzukiman: ahhhhhh im just finishing up a paid 5 day break from work for xmas:face-smile: ................. oh sorry for my inconsiderate post i forgot this is the frys forum my bad:face-devil-grin:

That's fucked up. Fry's policy states you cannot take a vacation of any kind from November 15th though January 1st!

"Fry’s holiday shopping season between November 20th and December 27th each year, time off is not allowed, except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. " - Fry's Policy Manager
  14.  permalink
    Meh, they still give people days off. We all know there are loopholes around things, especially when we really want or need some days off.
  15.  permalink

I think our store is the only one that is like that just cause our sales suck so bad. But its only cause of the area we live in. It will probably pick up once Circut City is gone for good. But then Best Buy wants to build another store in Oceanside. WTF they have one already. But they bought space in that new Shopping complex that they are going to build in 09 off the 76 where that old drive-in theater use to be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    I hope we open a store in Hawaii. If we do, I'm so there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    I heard Hawaii has some kind of law where they won't/can't have more than a certain amount of the same stores. So there isn't a lot of competition. Something along those lines.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Punkzilla: I heard Hawaii has some kind of law where they won't/can't have more than a certain amount of the same stores. So there isn't a lot of competition. Something along those lines.

Obama loves technology maybe he can pass a law to squeeze Fry's on the island.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    The federal government should not have a say. Constitution, baby.
  16.  permalink
    Guest: Fry's breaks every law on wages and hours and scheduling and pay  
    They underpay their employees and treat them like rats and slaves  
    They don't obey labor laws and rules why havne't they been fined or sued yet?

You got that right! For all commission people who are working overtime and making well over the minimum wage (let's say $16-$20 an hr average) they are basing the overtime rate off minimum wage. But let me see...when they pay vacation days they base it off your average hourly commission. They get away with so much BS. Then they tell you that you have to work almost 10-11 days straight to Christmas eve or they will have to hire more people. So what did they do anyway? Hired more people. Nobody else in the store but the all commission people had to work that way. BS.
  17.  permalink
    RE: Um you know you can leave after 12 hours if you are an hourly employee they can't fire you its against the law. Also, they are required to allow you 8 hours between shifts, 6 for sleep and one hour for driving each direction.

Actually, according to the California Labor Board, they are NOT required to give you 8 hours between shifts, sleep time or driving time. The ONLY business with those requirements under the California Labor Board is motion pictures which requires 12 hours between shifts which can be waived. They can also schedule you for overtime with the risk of being fired for not showing up or not doing so.

But maybe you're talking from a different state's labor board's perspective.
  18.  permalink
    Personally I think making only the commission people work straight through 10-11 days and no other departments is discrimination. They could have managed with people getting some time off. Never get to really ever enjoy a holiday. AND guess what...got to hop right back in there at the crack of dawn on Monday for the day after Christmas sale!! And work until store closes. Bah humbug!!!!
  19.  permalink
    It really was not that bad today, relatively slow compared to the other years.

What exactly are the rules to the scheduling. The stunt they pulled on Black Friday infuriated a lot of people with the whole clock in before 5 am counts towards the day before so they do not have to pay overtime stuff. Absolutely terrible!