Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwasddead
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    As you know, Frys puts associates on probation when they mess up. My store manager is putting me on probation but not because I messed up. I'm going to school and I have to switch stores. He doesn't want me to have the chance of still working at Frys. If he puts me on probation then I can't switch stores. I will miss the start of my school if I can't transfer. I know they have to have a verbal council first, then a written. On the written council then they can put you on probation but not on the first. Does anyone have any advice for me?http://twitter.com/Lindowtosh
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Need help with certification
    Need help from anyone with knowledge of loss prevention officers
    Is anyone worried about President Obamas Inauguration tommorow?
    My identity has been compromised by an assoicate working with me. Need help.
    I need help..
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    any time you have this type of issue at any company, the best corse is to contact the HR dept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    You could also consider getting a job elsewhere. Your school (I'm assuming it's a college) will probably have a job posting board or department that could help you find a job that works better into your school schedule.  

There's no law that requires you to work for Fry's. There are better places to work than Fry's. Also, keep in mind the HR department is there to protect the company, not the employee.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited
    wasddead: As you know, Frys puts associates on probation when they mess up. My store manager is putting me on probation but not because I messed up. I'm going to school and I have to switch stores. He doesn't want me to have the chance of still working at Frys. If he puts me on probation then I can't switch stores. I will miss the start of my school if I can't transfer. I know they have to have a verbal council first, then a written. On the written council then they can put you on probation but not on the first. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Store managers are a weird bunch. They have this almost perverted obsession and loyalty towards Frys and everyone that doesn't have it, is put on probation or terminated even if they are a good worker. The store manager in the store I used to work during the morning meeting called people "traitors" (he was being serious) for not eating in the cafe everyday.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    wasddead: As you know, Frys puts associates on probation when they mess up. My store manager is putting me on probation but not because I messed up. I'm going to school and I have to switch stores. He doesn't want me to have the chance of still working at Frys. If he puts me on probation then I can't switch stores. I will miss the start of my school if I can't transfer. I know they have to have a verbal council first, then a written. On the written council then they can put you on probation but not on the first. Does anyone have any advice for me?

This is one of those managers that has a hard-on for Frys hence he is upset that you are putting something in your life above Frys and in this case him as well. Sometimes I wonder if some store managers love Frys more than their wife and kids by the way they act?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    meinside100:

Store managers are a weird bunch. They have this almost perverted obsession and loyalty towards Frys and everyone that doesn't have it, is put on probation or terminated even if they are a good worker. The store manager in the store I used to work during the morning meeting called people "traitors" (he was being serious) for not eating in the cafe everyday.

I would eat in the cafe most days, if they gave us a discount. As it is, the food is very over-priced. No me gusto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Sasquatch:
    meinside100:

I would eat in the cafe most days, if they gave us a discount. As it is, the food is very over-priced. No me gusto.

I ate there when they had the $3.99 lunch special.. beyond that it's cheaper to goto Subway and heck the subway near my store gives us employees discounts there... or it's even cheaper to bring your own lunch.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  2.  permalink

They say probation you can't transfer, be promoted, transfer stores, etc. But that's really up to the manager. I have seen a cashier go from a CSA that what on probation be transfered to the sales floor as Sales. Like I said once before your job depends on your relationship with the managment team. I had a bad one so I don't work there anymore. And I'm also pretty sure that I was on probation when I transfered stores cause I was always late to work. My old managers liked me, so that's how I got to stay with the company. The new ones were the ones that didn't like me and pretty much did the same thing to me to MAKE me quit.  

As for school, I don't know why they are making this such a big deal. My first store we even had sales floor sups go to school and managment didn't care. They just had to give a copy of their class schedual to the managers so they can get the schedual they needed for school. But like I said it depends on the relationship with your managers. Fry's will always be gay like that.  

My advice, see if you can talk to you DDM but make sure they are the type of DDM that is sympothetic twords associates. John Rosalas was when he was DDM for district 2 and he was awesome. He even looked out for the supervisors. Probably the best manager I ever had. But if your DDM isn't the kind type then I would do what that other guy said and contact Benefits or have your coach do it for you if he or she is willing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    gossipgirl025:  
    As for school, I don't know why they are making this such a big deal. My first store we even had sales floor sups go to school and managment didn't care. They just had to give a copy of their class schedual to the managers so they can get the schedual they needed for school. But like I said it depends on the relationship with your managers. Fry's will always be gay like that.

Not just Fry's.. most places are like that.. There's a saying I head once.. Never argue with a skunk, a cop or your boss.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    speaking of cops ive been pulled over in my samurai 8 times so far with a dead tail light completly smashed windshield and an obstructed license plate cant read it because of the bumper 0 tickets 0 written warnings and 2 verbal warnings only.  

also just get a better job embrace the leaving of fried.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Perhaps you should fix those things before the cops pull you over and write you up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    eh hasnt happened over the 1.6 years of broken windshield held on by the same duct tape that holds the ragtop on so it wount happen anytime soon besides the van project will be done in about 5 months so possibly start on an aluminum roof for the samurai at that point along with a fuel injection setup.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Truly, ghetto fabulous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    if you still had a job at Fry's maybe you could afford a real car there Suzukiman...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    lol i make more than i did at fried i actually have 3 samurais and a van with a nice little high torque 302 that is out for a refresher build and a roller cam so im driving the next most legal car i have the 4x4 weekend 4wheeler for a few months. right now we are profiling the crank polishing the inside of the heads and should be getting 350 ftlbs of torque from the engine when it is finished. just enough to beat most of the rice burners using farter cans as exhaust and let them wonder why they just got passed by an old econoline work van.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    besides why do i want any of the new cars out they cost a ton in maintenance because you cant do it yourself you need a scanner to even diagnose it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    when the van is finished the zuki im driving gets a new custom aluminum cab and i find another 302 to swap into it or possibly leave it stock.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Im certain Suzukiman is not lying when he says he makes more than he made at Frys, it's really not hard to find a job that will pay you more.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    as i said send resumes about 3 a week and see what you can rake in.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    depends on what you do for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well just remember leaving no one behind really is impractical in the real world now isnt it, but it sounds great.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....