Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I've decided I want to become a Super at front check out. While I genuinely know what I want to say, I'm not quite sure what they exactly look for when hiring or promoting for Super and maybe I could emphasize some of these qualities they seek- hopefully to get promoted before others. What do you some of you guys recommend?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    How long before they fire you for going over/under F8 report? What are the policies?
    Supervisors & Department Managers & ASM & Store Managers
    Going the way of toys r us
    Fry’s Electronics says it’s not going out of business
    How are things going in Natomas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    That's your career asperation - to be a supervisor at Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    stop hating brobi wan, sense of urgency is a good start. The guy that's always chillin' when a sup walks by is never getting the job except for nepotism, which is a human condition not specific to Fry's.
  3.  permalink
    Joshua: I've decided I want to become a Super at front check out. While I genuinely know what I want to say, I'm not quite sure what they exactly look for when hiring or promoting for Super and maybe I could emphasize some of these qualities they seek- hopefully to get promoted before others. What do you some of you guys recommend?

You seem to back Frys on everything it does regardless of how dumb or anti-worker it is so.....you would make a great "Super" although in most Frys stores they are known as "Sups"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    good to use on a resume i guess but if your asperations are that high why not go for a regular job that cares about its employees?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Suzukiman: good to use on a resume i guess but if your asperations are that high why not go for a regular job that cares about its employees?

It'd be good on a resume' if he was in college at the time, and this was a part time job. But, being employed by Fry's doesn't carry a lot of clout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well its like in any rpg you go from the bamboo pole at 2 damage to the wooden stick at 3 damage oh yeah one point O.o' and once you hit manager of a department 4 damage ......... remember i think there are people who like to advance slowly in life.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    Actually... I am part time, and going to college. This would definitely be good on my resume- and I'm 19 so this is not where I plan to end my career at, this is just the beginning. Plus, supervision and management is my study in school :face-plain:, as well as Business Admin, so it'll be good to get more of the experience than all of my class mates who can only obtain this experience virtually from a book. This is not like one of those things where kids say their goal in life is to be a Supervisor/Manager of a McDonalds; this is just another step up the latter so that I can eventually get better job than at Fry's.  

I back up Fry's in most of the little things they do (doesn't mean everything), that people like to poke at, but mostly because my last job was by far the worst job ever... the owners harassed their employees and made them work way harder than they needed to, and then they would try to get rid of the employees because they didn't want to give them a raise for their hard work, time, and experience there. I was a manager over there and I only made $9.25 after two years (min. wage is $8.00), I had to get out of there! In fact, part of my job over there was more to encourage employees to quit or irritate the heck out of them instead of firing them, so that employees wouldn't even get unemployment benefits- the only reason I worked over there was cause I desperately needed a job and was fired from my previous one for no reason after one year of work, which was also a pretty lousy job, but I had no more job experience because you never want to put a job on your application that you've been fired from...... Just in comparison from my previous jobs, Fry's is definitely a lot better job, and it's been easy going and good for me, especially since I'm pretty good at getting people to apply for Fry's card (without lying), "Sups" and "DMs" have been pretty happy with me over there.  

Hot Soup! Haha.  

But yeah, this is just another step up the latter, so that I can eventually achieve my career goals in the future. It's rare to find people that are one day a cashier at Fry's and the next day suddenly at their dream job making awesome pay- Gotta work your way up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    one issue is with fried it will corrupt you into running jobs like your previous one. my suggestion is look for a different job to go up in just in spare time off hours send a few resumes every day heck send me your res and ill set it up to look nice and sound good (in spare time of course). Try to get into osh very very very good management and has one of the best set of benefit plans along with knowledge and a very nice laid back work environment (for retail anyway)Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: one issue is with fried it will corrupt you into running jobs like your previous one. my suggestion is look for a different job to go up in just in spare time off hours send a few resumes every day heck send me your res and ill set it up to look nice and sound good (in spare time of course). Try to get into osh very very very good management and has one of the best set of benefit plans along with knowledge and a very nice laid back work environment (for retail anyway)

I know people who previously worked at Fry's consider working weekends at Fry's for extra cash.
  5.  permalink
    Joshua: I've decided I want to become a Super at front check out. While I genuinely know what I want to say, I'm not quite sure what they exactly look for when hiring or promoting for Super and maybe I could emphasize some of these qualities they seek- hopefully to get promoted before others. What do you some of you guys recommend?

Be careful if you really want to do this. I have seen too many people who did go to school and stopped cause of taking a Fry's Sup position, even as part time. Make sure you keep school your number one priority always, no matter what, but then again that's what they all said to.
  6.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:

Be careful if you really want to do this. I have seen too many people who did go to school and stopped cause of taking a Fry's Sup position, even as part time. Make sure you keep school your number one priority always, no matter what, but then again that's what they all said to.

Oh dang, was about to say the same thing. So far, school has been top priority- I have no doubts that it will change in the future though it can be boring at times. All I have to do is bear with 4 years of schooling so that I can (or have a better chance to) do well for the rest of my life. One or two years at Fry's can't compare :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well if you get into osh part time and get a degree in management you will be very very well off in the future they DO care about their customers and so they make sure their employees are happy.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Tell them you know how to take initiative, that if there is nothing to do, you find something. Even if everything's done, you can still dust the tables, clean the bathrooms, etc. Initiative is a huge driver. Tell them you are spectacular at time management and prioritizing.  
    Etc.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFather Joe
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    you could be the next Jeremy "Jumpin" Jach.  
    FRY'S 4 LIFE.THaTs RIGHT, BITCHES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    Father Joe: you could be the next Jeremy "Jumpin" Jach.  
    FRY'S 4 LIFE.

His wife is smokin hot.
  7.  permalink

Do what you want man. Fry's is far from a perfect company, but its not the worst either. Most of the people who talk shit about it, have been fired, have never even worked there (yet come on this site everyday) or are just stupid, so good luck.
  8.  permalink
    asdf:
    Father Joe: you could be the next Jeremy "Jumpin" Jach.  
    FRY'S 4 LIFE.

His wife is smokin hot.

Lmfao!  

I hate mornings:

Do what you want man. Fry's is far from a perfect company, but its not the worst either. Most of the people who talk shit about it, have been fired, have never even worked there (yet come on this site everyday) or are just stupid, so good luck.

That's very true.  

Thanks for the support all :face-smile: