Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorc-rad
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    Is it possible to remove the sensors off of the iPods, etc. on display without setting off the alarm? Not planning on stealing :face-angel: but I have seen many display models missing, and was just wondering how it's done.
  1.  permalink
    Fry's never uses it's alarms. It's just an illusion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Guest: Fry's never uses it's alarms. It's just an illusion.

Sure they do. The last time I was there (out of pure necessity), one was going off, and the Fry's lackies were all standing around with the "deer eyes in the headlights" look on their faces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ObiWan:

Sure they do. The last time I was there (out of pure necessity), one was going off, and the Fry's lackies were all standing around with the "deer eyes in the headlights" look on their faces.

Those are the emergency door exit alarms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorc-rad
    ObiWan:

Yeah im talking about the sensors attatched to display models that say they will raise an alarm if removed, not sensors in boxed items:face-smile:.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    ObiWan:

You mean, the newbies were most likely there looking with eyes of a deer stuck in the headlights.. because otherwise it'll just be a case.. "oh there it goes again *sigh*" of course most of it, is just a loose cable and not someone stealing something.. You get complacent a lot when they constantly go off for no reason.. you simply just look towards that direction, see that no one is stealing anything and then either turn the stupid thing off or just ignore it. But considering that you are never in Fry's for a long period of time.. I think your hatred is starting to make up stories.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    c-rad:
    ObiWan:

Yeah im talking about the sensors attatched to display models that say they will raise an alarm if removed, not sensors in boxed items:face-smile:.

Unplug it from the power source. I could give you the code.
    •  
      CommentAuthorc-rad
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    asdf:
    c-rad:
    ObiWan:

Unplug it from the power source. I could give you the code.

You need a code to unplug it? that would be awesome :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    If you really want to steal a laptop.. hang around the computer area long enough and you will see laptops get left unattended from time to time... No alarm until you hit the door.. but by then you'd be able to run out..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorc-rad
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited
    someone: If you really want to steal a laptop.. hang around the computer area long enough and you will see laptops get left unattended from time to time... No alarm until you hit the door.. but by then you'd be able to run out..

I'm not looking to steal a laptop. I'm talking about small items on display, like iPods, which have wired sensors on them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Pull off the censor then watch what employees do to turn the alarm off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Shortly thereafter, LP will have their way with your butt.
  2.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Shortly thereafter, LP will have their way with your butt.

Honestly, I don't think LP is that good.  

edit: I hate things like when I catch a fake, LP doesn't have a clue what to do with it. It's as if I was the first person at our store to catch a fake.
  3.  permalink
    Trigger a false alarm in another isle or section then employees will go to that alarm then just cut the alarm and steal the product and leave before they shut the other one off and come to the second alarm
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    Guest: Trigger a false alarm in another isle or section then employees will go to that alarm then just cut the alarm and steal the product and leave before they shut the other one off and come to the second alarm

I think you can just cut the cord then walkaway. It takes time to figure out what just happen and you'll be out the door by that time.
  4.  permalink
    someone should just post the 4 digit code to disable the alarm systems then you could steal anything without the alarms going off.... Im pretty sure there is alot of unhappy employees who are willing them to post them
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guest: someone should just post the 4 digit code to disable the alarm systems then you could steal anything without the alarms going off.... Im pretty sure there is alot of unhappy employees who are willing them to post them

The code is proprietary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    The code is passwordHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  5.  permalink
    The code is.... a secret.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It's the Davinci code. Jesus isn't real.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    My parents were pissed when I told them I didn't believe in god.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: It's the Davinci code. Jesus isn't real.

Jesus is real. Thats as far as we should go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Yes, Jesus is real. The many Mexicans named Jesus.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Punkzilla: Yes, Jesus is real. The many Mexicans named Jesus.

I know 54 of them myself. In just one family.Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    Yeah... I remember when LP caught one of the associates at my store. Stole some software.  

And the alarm goes off IMMEDIATELY when you cut the cable. Someone tried at our store. Good thing we put two sensors on Ipods.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  7.  permalink
    I know this is an old thread, but the code is 1 3 5 5
  8.  permalink
    Old thread, but there is no DOOR alarm. The alarm only sounds off if it breaks the connection from what it is connected to. Many times you will hear an alarm going from the Computer department that everyone ignores, only wanting to turn it off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015
    My guess is if you broke the connection, within 3 minutes 8 Frys associates would swarm you asking "Can I write you a quote for that?" :face-devil-grin: