Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Surprise surprise...Best Buy is following in Fry's foot steps....take a look.  

"Corporate corruption isn't just limited to Fry's Electronics (surprise!); a Best Buy vendor-relations manager was also recently fired for being accused of doing just about the same thing.  

Says the Star Tribune:  

Robert Paul Bossany, 37, of Prior Lake, was charged with one count each of conspiracy and money laundering after federal authorities said he received cash, checks and gift cards from an unnamed computer-parts supply company he was hired to oversee.  

Essentially, a company called Chip Factory charged Best Buy $60 million over four years. The company allegedly gave Robert Paul Bossany "cash, checks and gift cards".  

This doesn't seem quite as widespread as the Fry's deal, which covered just about all products the outlet stocked, but it still seems to be bad news for Best Buy shoppers."  

Not as bad as ours but still...oh well, maybe the best buy guy knew our vp of merchandising.
  2.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: Surprise surprise...Best Buy is following in Fry's foot steps....take a look.  

"Corporate corruption isn't just limited to Fry's Electronics (surprise!); a Best Buy vendor-relations manager was also recently fired for being accused of doing just about the same thing.  

Says the Star Tribune:  

Robert Paul Bossany, 37, of Prior Lake, was charged with one count each of conspiracy and money laundering after federal authorities said he received cash, checks and gift cards from an unnamed computer-parts supply company he was hired to oversee.  

Essentially, a company called Chip Factory charged Best Buy $60 million over four years. The company allegedly gave Robert Paul Bossany "cash, checks and gift cards".  

This doesn't seem quite as widespread as the Fry's deal, which covered just about all products the outlet stocked, but it still seems to be bad news for Best Buy shoppers."  

Not as bad as ours but still...oh well, maybe the best buy guy knew our vp of merchandising.

If these idiots weren't so greedy they would have never been caught. I bet you if Omar would have stopped at a couple of million instead letting it ride to 65 mil he probably wouldn't be caught. Plus who drives a Ferrari on a 225k salary? Maybe 750k or more!!! The lifestyle he lived based on his income probably gave him away. A local cop was arrested for reselling drugs off of arrested dealers. How did he get caught? Driving a new 911 Turbo on a cop's salary...DUMB!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    Its not just that he drove a ferrari, its that he drove it to "work". He could HAVE a ferrari and drive a truck to work for humility's sake and most would be none the wiser. Ah well, thats just where it gets you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Customers were screwed and prices were very competitive yet being inflated. I could see Omar (Fry's) and Robert Paul Bossany (Best Buy) working with Circuit City's and CompUSA merchandising VP as well to pull off the scheme. The only problem probably Circuit City's and CompUSA merchandising VPs were raking in too much lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    Thanks gossipgirl025. I hadn't heard of this. I googled the name and here's the link to the article for the Star Tribune:  
    http://www.startribune.com/business/36205909.html  
    Interesting this was before the Fry's arrest.  

# meinside100:  
    If these idiots weren't so greedy they would have never been caught. I bet you if Omar would have stopped at a couple of million instead letting it ride to 65 mil he probably wouldn't be caught.

Not condoning the actions by any means, but it should be noted that most of the money went to paying off gambling debts. Though greed is almost certainly in there, other circumstances were at play as well.  

AyaHu: Its not just that he drove a ferrari, its that he drove it to "work". He could HAVE a ferrari and drive a truck to work for humility's sake and most would be none the wiser. Ah well, thats just where it gets you.

He didn't drive the Ferrari to work. Even so, with no kids and family, one could presumably live a racer lifestyle than otherwise with dependents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I have a Ferrari I use for trips to the mailbox. Nothing else. Gets great gas mileage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: I have a Ferrari I use for trips to the mailbox. Nothing else. Gets great gas mileage.

Thats why I married you <3<3Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    Sasquatch: I have a Ferrari I use for trips to the mailbox. Nothing else. Gets great gas mileage.

Thats why I married you <3<3

Lmfao. Clever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Joshua:
    AyaHu:

Thats why I married you <3<3

Lmfao. Clever.

Clever is what I am for committing my love to my wonderful hairy husband.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Damn straight.
  4.  permalink
    rofl