Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Do returned laptops get wiped?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's should have restocking fees on Laptops & Projectors!
    TV Return Policy on Fry's.com?
    Fry's Electronics Return Policy--No Receipt Question
    Will a less customer friendly return policy hurt Frys?
    Harddrive return policy of Fry's and Walmart
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Sasquatch: Do returned laptops get wiped?

most of them do.. :) once in awhile I'll see one that slips through service.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    m_tux:
    Sasquatch: Do returned laptops get wiped?

most of them do.. :) once in awhile I'll see one that slips through service.

service sucks..........
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    There should be a sticker like "be kind, rewind" before you return the computer or take it to get serviced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    We in Returns actually do the Restoring on returned laptops, not service. At least here in Store #25.I shit trains, Now what?
  2.  permalink
    having fewer laptops returned means out Customer Satisfaction will be better .. which means more pay for the CSA and PIC, so with this restock fee, less people will be "renting" our laptops!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    sarahkay626: having fewer laptops returned means out Customer Satisfaction will be better .. which means more pay for the CSA and PIC, so with this restock fee, less people will be "renting" our laptops!

There has to be a money back guarantee. People should be able to buy a laptop without risk involved. "Show case at Frys. Purchase at Cosco."
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited
    sarahkay626: having fewer laptops returned means out Customer Satisfaction will be better .. which means more pay for the CSA and PIC, so with this restock fee, less people will be "renting" our laptops!

Noone "rents" laptops. They return it because a) it wasn't what they needed because a) It wasn't fast enough b) it was too much for them or b) They found a better deal elsewhere or something that matched what they really wanted.. or c) they are stupid.. ok I kid on that one..  

Now projectors.. they were rented all the time.. I believe 99% of them were just rentals. Pre-restocking fee I would dread going to help in projectors because a) They would ask a lot of questions on an item they were planning on using for 1 time and returning or b) would rush through a sale just because I thought it was going to be a rental.  

With laptops, if the salesperson does their job correcting with matching the customer with the right laptop, it will cut down on the returns of laptops.. although a lot of customers can just be fickle. but I don't see laptops as needing a restocking fee.. I think a restocking fee on laptops will hurt our sales more than help them.. Restocking fees on Projectors help because we are able to keep new boxed items for customers who truly want to BUY a projector. It was pretty ironic as well that when we were renting out projectors for free, they still wanted a new box as well.. *bonks forehead*I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    I want a projector when TDK comes out on DVD. And a big surround sound system. And obviously, a large screen. N stuff.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    AyaHu: I want a projector when TDK comes out on DVD. And a big surround sound system. And obviously, a large screen. N stuff.

I want my own IMAX Theatre :face-monkey:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    I want a coffee table book about IMAX theaters.
  3.  permalink
    is there a restocking fee on digital cameras?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    Guest: is there a restocking fee on digital cameras?

Yes. I think its 15%, it should be on your receipt or the box of the item itself.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    i know how to get around the restocking fee .... there is another reason for returning items that you havnt mentioned muahahahahahaLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    also when i needed to restore a returned laptop i would send it back to returns to be restored or computer department or you simply misalign a ram stick and call it rtv if it then came back without restore rinse wash repeat until restored.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorscposter
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    flea: I was reading something in our returns department that they will change the return policy on the back of the reciepts that will now reflect new return policy rules which now include restocking fees on some products. There will also be a sticker that tells the customer that the product carries a restocking fee. Anyone know a lil bit more about these no return policy's?
    I just purchased a TL105 Samsung camera and when I got home I saw the restocking fee on the receipt. So I checked the reviews on the camera and they were really bad. Had I not been charged the restocking fee I might have kept the camera.