Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2007 edited
    I was reading something in our returns department that they will change the return policy on the back of the reciepts that will now reflect new return policy rules which now include restocking fees on some products. There will also be a sticker that tells the customer that the product carries a restocking fee. Anyone know a lil bit more about these no return policy's?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's should have restocking fees on Laptops & Projectors!
    Harddrive return policy of Fry's and Walmart
    Fry's Electronics Return Policy--No Receipt Question
    TV Return Policy on Fry's.com?
    Will a less customer friendly return policy hurt Frys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoshthesav
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2007
    The restocking fees apply to GPS Units. A lot of customers were buying GPS's for a trip and returning them after one use. There is now a 15% restocking fee if the box has been opened. The back of the receipt has been changed to reflect the new policy. There is also a sticker placed on the box that lets customers know there is a 15% restocking fee, so when you open it you have to tear the sticker. To my knowledge all other return policies have been left unchanged.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2007
    I wonder why Fry's doesn't apply a restocking to other products that usually get a high percentage of returns.  

Fry's does get more business because of their lenient return policy.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoshthesav
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    The Nintendo Wii also has a 15% restocking fee I was told
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    joshthesav:The Nintendo Wii also has a 15% restocking fee I was told

Is this some trick to close sale?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2007 edited
    What is the Fry's Return Policy? Have a copy?
  2.  permalink
    I worked in software and never saw a re-stocking fee on the Wii, Frys knows any that get returned will sell. We had a couple returned and just put them on the podium with the bundle sign. The longest it took to sell one was about 20 minutes. GPS unit dont have that sale power so i can see why a fee on them.:face-monkey:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorkorac
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2007
    Also air conditioners in the summer months...people like to buy them for the 1 week long heatwave, then return them...the store I work at made the return policy real strict...no returns if opened unless broken and then only for an exchange for the same item.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2007
    The policy is like 15 days but gift certificate only.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2007
    i only have knowledge on the computer department on this part.  

Last i've heard, they're THINKING about applying restocking fees on monitors due to extremely high return volume for stupid reasons.  

Wonder why they're not thinking about laptop returns? Think about competition :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2007 edited
    Best buy has 15 day return policy on desktops and laptops. Restocking on Laptop computers.  

Fry's should have no restocking fee if you choose to receive store credit. Otherwise refunds should carry a 15% restocking fee.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2007
    I think people just want to try stuff out dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    We're not Wal-mart. We're not cool with people borrowing things.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    frys must apply return policy on some valuable product.cz wat ppl do is they use the item and return in 15 days when they dont need that anymore.thas not good.frys lose a lot money on this thing.and i am supervisor so i saw so many time that even customer retured item after 5 to 6 month.wat the heck is that? there is some rules and regulation.why dont they follow that? just to keep customer happy, PIC take this decision
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2007
    I am mistaken. The return policy for best buy is 14 days on laptops and computers.i am a worm.
  3.  permalink
    I think the return policies reflect the commissioned sales associates. Because some of them lie to get sales and imagine if customers couldn't return the product.#24 Concord California, Computer Sales
  4.  permalink
    The restocking fee also applies to Televisions and laptops, I dont think it applies to the desktops though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    What is the return policy for the holiday season? Best buy and others take returns till February 1.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    return policy for holiday season is 31 january in frys
    •  
      CommentAuthorXeggreo
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    tinunidhu:return policy for holiday season is 31 january in frys

With gift receipt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    Fry's offers gift receipts? I wasn't offered one recently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    asdf:Fry's offers gift receipts? I wasn't offered one recently.

Sometimes you have to ask if the cashiers don't ask you. It is their job to ask you though.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    I wish projectors had restocking fees as well.. because a lot of them are just getting "borrowed." You can tell when the first or second question is "what is your return policy?/is there a restocking fee?" especially when they are using it for a presentation. and of course they have to ask twenty million questions about them as well.. I wish I could just walk away, but then they'll just moan and complain about not getting help.  

Laptops/desktops I have no problem with no restocking fees.. but we should charge an idiot fee to those who think they can buy a $500 laptop to play the newest and greatest games out there.. hard especially when some people are having trouble playing crysis on their desktops.. But i try to match it up as close as possible, but you never know if it will really suit you until you try it in the real world with the programs you will be running on it.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorC4
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    everything should have restocking fees!!!!!!!  
    :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    C4:everything should have restocking fees!!!!!!!  
    :face-devil-grin:

95% restocking fees ;)I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I agree projectors should have them I am surprised they dont already!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008 edited
    AyaHu:I agree projectors should have them I am surprised they dont already!

They do now.. it started a month or two ago.. :face-smile: Projector sales went down though, but the number of them being returned did as well.. lol :face-devil-grin:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Coincidence??!?!?!??!????
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    It's been more than two months that they have had restocking fees.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Punkzilla:It's been more than two months that they have had restocking fees.

yeah back in December when I mentioned it in this thread, we didnt :) about home office reads this boards and uses good suggestions.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthordash
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    Almost no one returns projectors now thanks to the great policy changes. We should not implement them on laptops. (home office can you hear me, John gamet can change his magic black card pitch)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Magic black card pitch?? Sounds like some kind of strategy whist playing Magic, The Gathering.  

HaHA! +11 Offense for the next two turns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    dash:Almost no one returns projectors now thanks to the great policy changes. We should not implement them on laptops. (home office can you hear me, John gamet can change his magic black card pitch)

Are you saying we should inplement them on laptops? I dont believe we should. The only reason I love the restocking fee on Projectors was only because of the fact that people were only buying them to use them for one presentation and then returning them afterwards.. and of course even though they did this, they wasted your time gmaby asking 20 million questions and the first question was always "How long do I have to return it?"  

Laptops never had that problem unless you didn't sell them the right laptop to begin with.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Damn straight!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthordash
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    You're always selling them the wrong laptop. It's not XP. People are not familiar with Vista. They think its a Mac.
  5.  permalink
    asdf:Fry's offers gift receipts? I wasn't offered one recently.

the gift receipts still say "happy holidays!!" on them.  

maybe they're not offered because they suppose it's not necessary since not many things purchased are for gifts at this time of year.  

though, they're usually pushed in the holiday seasons. security purposes. outside of holiday season they're pretty useless; you could just use the original receipt.
  6.  permalink
    I am not bothered by the concept of a restocking fee, but I don't think that it needs to be 15% to stop frivolous purchases that people simply turn around and return. 5% restocking on a $600 projector would be $30. Not a huge amount of money, but it is enough to discourage people from thinking of it as a free rental. Some people would still buy it knowing that unless something was wrong with it that it would cost them 5% of the purchase price to return it, but going from 0% to 5% would be enough to scare away most people who have no intention on keeping it. What is it with restocking fees either being 0% or 15%?  

I think charging 15% to cash out the GC would be an interesting alternative. Give them a GC that is 85% refundable and 15% non-refundable. People who are genuinely interested in purchasing a projector and simply picked the wrong product are going to turn around and buy a different model. Such a policy wouldn't hurt them provided that they could find the model they wanted.  

I mentioned the partial non-refundable GC for certain classes of items idea about a year ago when I worked for Fry's, but my pointy hair manager said that it wasn't possible. That was fairly stupid considering that Fry's pushes out updates to their in-house software every week. They added support for debit, Amex, gift cards, and have changed return policies several times. Who says they couldn't make the system allow for that as well?  

Quite honestly, if Fry's starts getting much more customer unfriendly on return policies I am just going to buy everything I don't need today online. Generally speaking I don't see much added value to buying it in-store. Fry's doesn't demo half of the stuff I am interested in and even some of stuff that they do demo are very poor demos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    30 bucks ain't shit. I just put twice that in my gas tank.
  7.  permalink
    Sasquatch:30 bucks ain't shit. I just put twice that in my gas tank.

For some cheapstakes that would make them think twice.
    •  
      CommentAuthordash
    I probably spend about 10$ a day on gas.
  8.  permalink
    this SASQUATCH guy sounds like that one guy from AV named Marion yea the one thats with that fat shit white girl and he acts like hes all happy you can never have a big booty bitch like me
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Former_Frys_geek:
    Sasquatch:30 bucks ain't shit. I just put twice that in my gas tank.

For some cheapstakes that would make them think twice.

$30 isn't cheap, but Fry's would still be making their money on it.. ;) but of course sales people will still lose their full commission on it.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    ana_the_t_bagger:this SASQUATCH guy sounds like that one guy from AV named Marion yea the one thats with that fat shit white girl and he acts like hes all happy you can never have a big booty bitch like me

Sass doesn't want you, dumbass, I'm his wife.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008 edited
    I wouldn't be caught dead in AV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Also, yeah. What she said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008
    Sasquatch:Also, yeah. What she said.

S'what I thought.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    frys will soon start with a laptop restock fee 15 %!!:face-smile:  

:D and im soo excited!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008
    I'm sad because I can't rent laptops anymore.
  10.  permalink
    ha
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    sarahkay626: frys will soon start with a laptop restock fee 15 %!!:face-smile:  

:D and im soo excited!!

That's a bad choice... Bad bad bad.. Trust me.. you can sale more laptops without having the restocking fee on them.. I use the "You have 2 weeks to try it out, if you don't like it, you can bring it back and you don't have to worry about a restocking fee." all the time and it works.. I hardly ever get any of them coming back as well..  

If you are getting a lot of laptops returned, you may want to make sure you are qualifying your customer first and making sure what you are selling them will do what they want it to do.  

I don't see many people abusing the return system on laptops as they were on Projectors... I would say it's best to let them try out the laptop because then they can actually try what they need to use the laptop first. Otherwise, you will lose sales because they are not sure if it will do what they need it to do.. or they will ask, "Can I bring in my software and try to use it on your demo?" I think not having a restocking fee on laptops is a good idea.. having them on them.. BAD!I'm crushing your head... You flathead!