Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    A few people in San Marcos got their settlement forms after the October deadline for the postmark date to send in their claim. Anyone else get theirs after it was to late to claim anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    gossipgirl025: A few people in San Marcos got their settlement forms after the October deadline for the postmark date to send in their claim. Anyone else get theirs after it was to late to claim anything?

how much they receive? That is the question..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    someone:
    gossipgirl025: A few people in San Marcos got their settlement forms after the October deadline for the postmark date to send in their claim. Anyone else get theirs after it was to late to claim anything?

how much they receive? That is the question..
    Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    someone:

how much they receive? That is the question..

It said something like 133 hours or so. I think that's what that number is. Mine was 88 but I never claimed mine. But my friend got his 2 weeks ago which is stupid cause now he can't claim his and he has been working with Fry's longer then I did, and he still works there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    How much in dollars? 133 hours times what?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    someone: How much in dollars? 133 hours times what?
    Superhero!
  3.  permalink

See that's the thing I really don't understand. But when I first got there my friend was CS sup, I think like sup 2 then to sup 1. Then after a few months of being sup 1 they did the whole switch over to hourly for sups in CS. So for hours wise he started out at minimum wage and then went to 15/hr but then back to minimum when he transfered out to the sales floor as a sup.  

That's what it doesn't specify is what the hours are to be paid. It doesn't really divide up the hour for you to tell you what you're getting paid for what.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    gossipgirl025:

See that's the thing I really don't understand. But when I first got there my friend was CS sup, I think like sup 2 then to sup 1. Then after a few months of being sup 1 they did the whole switch over to hourly for sups in CS. So for hours wise he started out at minimum wage and then went to 15/hr but then back to minimum when he transfered out to the sales floor as a sup.  

That's what it doesn't specify is what the hours are to be paid. It doesn't really divide up the hour for you to tell you what you're getting paid for what.

I don't think they are paying their hourly rate for all the hours they show..They are probably using some formula to decide how to divide the settlement..  

I bet it's  

(Settlement amount / SUM of all claimant hours(133 plus everyone elses')) times the claimant hours(133)  

For example, if the settlement was for $150,000.. and everyone as a sum worked for a total of 30000 hours... Sally worked 133 hours under the settlement..  
    150,000 divided by 30000 = $5  
    Now Sally worked 133 hours , she she will get  
    133 times 5 = $665  
    as opposed to  
    133 times 8(minimum wage in CA) = $1064Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink

Isn't that illegal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    um so wen do we get paid.
  5.  permalink
    How fucking shitty. I'd really talk to an attorney, this can't be legal. They have to give you a reasonable amount of time to respond.
  6.  permalink
    Haven't recieved my settlement check yet...
  7.  permalink
    someone:
    gossipgirl025:

I don't think they are paying their hourly rate for all the hours they show..They are probably using some formula to decide how to divide the settlement..  

I bet it's  

(Settlement amount / SUM of all claimant hours(133 plus everyone elses')) times the claimant hours(133)  

For example, if the settlement was for $150,000.. and everyone as a sum worked for a total of 30000 hours... Sally worked 133 hours under the settlement..  
    133 times 5 = $665  
    as opposed to  
    133 times 8(minimum wage in CA) = $1064

K....but what about his settlement??? He obviously can't claim it now cause he got all the paper work in december when the deadline was in october. And it's not like it was post marked, its just one of those envolops that is pre paid or metered. Is there anything my friend can do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    gossipgirl025:
    someone:
    gossipgirl025:

I bet it's  

133 times 5 = $665  
    as opposed to  
    133 times 8(minimum wage in CA) = $1064

K....but what about his settlement??? He obviously can't claim it now cause he got all the paper work in december when the deadline was in october. And it's not like it was post marked, its just one of those envolops that is pre paid or metered. Is there anything my friend can do?

Contact the lawyer dealing with the settlement or ask another lawyer about it.. otherwise all he can do is pound sand.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!