Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited
    for my third pick is the toyota hilux now obviously this stands for hi luxury with even more amenities like floor mats a heater for example but what brings it in to third on my list of best japanese cars is its ability to haul stuff and take a pounding without giving up but its just too big for offroad and still about as heavy as the cruiser.

83Hilux_Interior.jpg

hilux_load.jpg

img_PICT2597.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    for number one on the list is of course the samurai its smaller than both lighter than both has even less amenities than either of them and costs way less to do the same thing with. With its wider range of upgrade parts you can turn them into anything you want really easily you never see one with any dented sheetmetal because there is usually no sheet metal left to dent. now that you have seen the only 3 cars worthy of mentioning that ever came out of japan we will now go to europe i think they have a handfull of cars there you just need to line the driveway with catch pans.

6701.jpg

JD_KankakeeIL_1987Suzuki_RRLg.jpg

samurai_002.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    Suzukiman: the only good cars to come out of japan were the toyota landcruiser fj-40 with its absolute posh interior and its rugged go anywhere look on the outside its the mechanically simple way to travel anywhere this would have to be my second pick because they were heavy and are now very hard to come by and expensive to wheel

Agreed. But the really good cars are Acuras and... well, mainly Acuras.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    how are you going to get that out of the grass its stuck on flat land. heck their 4x4 is closer to the ground than that original British mini

AcuraNSX1997.jpg

D0101-124200845822PM-P1.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    That NSX is so hot.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ITS STUCK!!!! see that is more like it and aperently the owner named it steve

steve1.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    Ive decided to do american vehicles next since they are the poorest of them all. They lack everything any off. In third place we have the hummvee this lumbering brute was brought into existance to travel across sand and well sand and more sand. It is very heavy very expensive and has virtually no aftermarket.  

then you have my next pick the standard wrangler jeep. With all the finesse as your typical american on budwiser it daintily scrambles over rocks with judicious use of the go pedal utilizing the huge v8 which somehow produces less power than a well tuned and setup samurai engine. there is one problem this 3500 lb car is more breakable than any of the vehicles mentioned before uses gas by the gallon and snaps axles like twigs this is also the most fuel efficint of the "best" american cars ever made.  

and for the best vehicle that ever came out of the us is the dodge power wagon. This truck is made from recycled panzer tank chassis the doors are made from slabs of steel taken from battle cruisers it is powered by an underpowered straight six that is nearly indestructible this truck is actually worthy for offroading but it is just too big you will need to use all the good parts of it just to get over the obstacles instead of going around or through. Well american vehicles obvously leave something to be desired even russian tanks are better at handling terrain.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah yes the europe the land of the landrover and driveway catch pans. the landrover is an all around good offroad car if just a bit underpowered and not much in the way of aftermarket but you can pick up an old one pretty cheap anywhere but the us and they are easy to work on to boot but they are still on the heavy side and they are rather large but you get all the amenities you could possibly ever need like a 4x4 shift lever and seat cushions.

land-rover-60-years-anniversary-337.jpg

Driving_in_style.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Hey I like Range Rovers, they are macho, we used to go offroading all the time in ours, never let us down even through 3 feet of mud.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    for my second pick it was first conceived from a line of raging thoroughbred bulls imbued with raw unreliable supercharged power and was then confiscated by the us and used to design and build the humvee. Yes its the Lamborghini lm002 with the refined and tuned 7.2l v12 lamborgini marine engine need I say more. but heres the specs.  

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS  
    Lamborghini LM004  

ENGINE  
    Type 60° V12 light alloy block front mounted, four wheel drive  
    Longitudinal, Front-Mounted  
    DOHC per bank, chain drive  
    Main Bearings 7  
    Capacity 7257cc  
    Compression 9.5:1  
    Fuel System Single electric pump  
    Carburation 6 twin-barrel Webers  
    Max power 420bhp @ 5,400rpm  
    Max Torque 435bhp @ 3,500rpm  
    Ignition Coil and distributor  
    Electrical system 12 V  
    Alternator 80 A  
    Lubrication Wet Sump  

TRANSMISSION  
    Gearbox ZF S5-24/3 PKW 5-speed  
    2-speed Transfer Case  
    Manual Locking Hubs  
    Clutch Single dry plate  
    hydraulically operated  
    Gear Ratios  
    1st  
    2nd  
    3rd  
    4th  
    5th  
    Rev  
    2.99:1  
    1.9:1  
    1.33:1  
    1.00:1  
    0.89:1  
    2.7:1  
    Final Drive 4.125:1  

CONSTRUCTION  
    Chassis Tubular Steel Spaceframe  
    Body Aluminum and Fibreglass  
    Builder Lamborghini  
    Suspension Independent, front and rear coil springs and telescopic shock absorbers  
    Steering Assisted recirculating ball, 3.75 turns lock to lock  
    Turning Circle 12.2 m  
    Brakes, Front Countach ventilated discs  
    Brakes, Rear 12 x 3 inch drums, servo-assisted  
    Wheels Steel 16" x 9"  
    Tires 14 x 16 LT rear  
    Fuel Tank 280 L / 73.5 gal  

DIMENSIONS  
    Overall Length 4790mm / 186.8 in  
    Overall Width 2000mm / 78 in  
    Overall Height 1850mm / 72 in  
    Wheelbase 2950mm / 115 in  
    Front Track 1615mm / 63 in  
    Rear Track 1615mm / 63 in  
    Ground Clearance 300mm / 11.8 in  
    Weight 2600kg / 5720 lbs  

PERFORMANCE  
    Top speed 200 kph / 125 mph  
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 8.5 sec

LLA12199rear.jpg

LLA12199b.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i never said they were bad in fact they are rather good and tough.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and of course my first pick the unimog with its ability to flex and bend and mold itself to almost any terrain its pricetag however beats the lambo by a fair amount and the maintenance is quite costly but it will still drown you first before hydro locking when your suspension flexes that much and you have portal axles you really dont have to worry about obstacles i mean boulders to a jeep are now mere pebbles. besides you get all of the luxury you would expect for a mercedes to carry namely the seats and dashboard even a steering wheel.

435articulationb.jpg

mog1.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ok i did find an american made car that was actually worth something besides scrap the international travelall the spearhead of the suv rage this has 0 aftermarket as far as i can see but the engines in these would outlast the driver, in most cases the body would rust off the frame before you needed to rebuild it it then gave rise to the scout which is a capable offroader but its getting expensive and there is the bronco from ford basically a short f150 or bronco 2 which is a short ranger both of which are good but still big and heavy and not fuel efficient or power efficient.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and now for the best of the russian cars the only land that is at the same time a mud bog half the year and a frozen mud bog the other half.  

third pick is the 4x4 lada oka a lada niva and a pobeda ............. yeah O.O ........... nuff said ......... crazy russians.

Russian_4x4_split.jpg

monster0.jpg

PobedaSUV.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    for my pick number two there is nothing more american than a russian truck even bigger lifted higher weighs more and uses gallons more gas not to mention 8 wd is better than 4wd

08MZKT3.JPG

6560-1.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and finally the number one pick for russias best cars is this only if i could get a road legal version.  

http://fulgerica.com/en/2007/07/04/in-soviet-russia-cars-screw-you/  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afJ18eJeNgULooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1.  permalink
    Suzukiman: and finally the number one pick for russias best cars is this only if i could get a road legal version.  

http://fulgerica.com/en/2007/07/04/in-soviet-russia-cars-screw-you/  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afJ18eJeNgU

WTF? Frys forum was turned into Car and Driver magazine forum? Seriously why do people go crazy over stuff they cant afford nor will able to afford in life....all it is is added stress for the mind!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! Self-awareness is a good thing!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Never afford what meinside?  

And because, it's Frysforum. Got a problem with it, leave. It's ALWAYS been like this.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    AyaHu: Never afford what meinside?  

And because, it's Frysforum. Got a problem with it, leave. It's ALWAYS been like this.

AyaHu: Never afford what meinside?  

And because, it's Frysforum. Got a problem with it, leave. It's ALWAYS been like this.

"Never afford what meinside?" The damn cars you guys keep talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009
    um i have 3 samurais and was going to get a unimog and have no ability to legalize a lada with those tires much less get parts from old russian tanks in the us but they cost about 200 dollars with 40k miles on them. the Lamborghini costs 22k for the original that was going to be the humvee. range rovers are a dime a dozen in europe the toyota is pretty cheap infact so is most used kamaz trucks infact nothing is out of the range of anyone who makes about 40k a year except the mzk and the humvee and the new version of the Lamborghini everything else you could buy straight cash with 40k a year after one year of saving. heck even the zil screwdrive only will cost about 20k to build with all new partsLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Same here... I can afford an R8, but see I bought a house instead of a car. I could get an R8 now.. I just wouldn't be able to do all the other crap I desire more. Like buying dolls and electronics and paying off most of my house before I reach age 30.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    get a samurai good cheap offroading fun ive even convinced the vp of my building to go to hollister hills offroading kiddy park.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: That NSX is so hot.

That one is nice too bad they dont make them that hot.  

AyaHu: Same here... I can afford an R8, but see I bought a house instead of a car. I could get an R8 now.. I just wouldn't be able to do all the other crap I desire more. Like buying dolls and electronics and paying off most of my house before I reach age 30.

How much and how big is your house?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Ill PM you, there are still people who I would not prefer to find out details about my living quarters.  

Hey they are coming out with an NSX this year supposedly. If they are hot enough :O Ill trade in my Nissan.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu: Ill PM you, there are still people who I would not prefer to find out details about my living quarters.

I think you are being delusional on your level of self-importance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009 edited
    Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    AyaHu:

I got pwned...good one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    Now I want a pet llama.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    This is why I don't like AMEX as a cashier, most of those customers are the snottiest ones around. I would think that Fry's would go after AMEX because its basically allowing theft as far as I can tell. You don't like the item (or so you say), you get the money back AND keep the product. It's just insane. And people wonder why retail is doing so bad lately, I'm sure AMEX and their stupid customer "is always right" policies have something to do with it.
  5.  permalink
    I use to hear AMEX will always back the customer in chargebacks but not in my case. I returned a $150 textbook and AMAZON only refunded $75 due to condition. I said I sent it back new, but AMEX didnt believe me. I guess I'm not snotty enough, rich enough, or a high profile retailer.
  6.  permalink
    Id like to know where the russians get those soft tires from email jay1157@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    I think ya'll are yanking the wrong chain. AMEX actually takes care of their customers quite well, and that's not a bad thing. There have been a few times when I HAD TO DO A CHARGEBACK, because I was basically (politely) told "tough sh*t" when trying to return a DOA item. Get this....a drone at Walmart once tried to tell me once "they don't do refunds on software", when I went to return a dead Linksys router the day after I bought it. I argued with the silly twat for 30 mins trying to convince her that a router was not software (in her mind all things PC were software)....gave up, went home and did a chargeback. I don't even bother arguing anymore....if someone won't take something back...instant chargeback. If Frys doesn't like the way AMEX puts the customer first....DON'T ACCEPT THEIR CARD. There are plenty of businesses that don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    Can you blame them? How do they know that you didn't just copy the router and burn it to a blank router-r/rw?