Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009 edited
    Amex does this all time if you buy something and you dont like it (no reason needed) or its past the return period, AMEX will give you your money back (charge back against merchant) w/o having to return the product even if the merchant wont give you your money back. The limit for this "insurance" is 1k per year up to 300 bucks per item. Will Frys go after someone if they do this? Or will they go after AMEX for the money?  

I remember when working at Frys somebody tried to return an open DVD and the manager said no. The customer explained what Amex does in these situations and the manager said that Frys will go after him since they consider it fraud. How is it fraud if AMEX allows this and its a benefit on all their cards? I actually ran into the customer about 2 weeks before I left and asked what AMEX did and he told me that they gave him his money back (excluding tax) and he got to keep the DVD. SWEET
  1.  permalink
    meinside100: Amex does this all time if you buy something and you dont like it (no reason needed) or its past the return period, AMEX will give you your money back (charge back against merchant) w/o having to return the product even if the merchant wont give you your money back. The limit for this "insurance" is 1k per year up to 300 bucks per item. Will Frys go after someone if they do this? Or will they go after AMEX for the money?  

I remember when working at Frys somebody tried to return an open DVD and the manager said no. The customer explained what Amex does in these situations and the manager said that Frys will go after him since they consider it fraud. How is it fraud if AMEX allows this and its a benefit on all their cards? I actually ran into the customer about 2 weeks before I left and asked what AMEX did and he told me that they gave him his money back (excluding tax) and he got to keep the DVD. SWEET

Someone going to respond?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    no comment
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    cool? <---------------- responseLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    The longer I wait, the harder it seems to get anywhere around the globe. I want a nice puppy to take care of so i can find a date as I walk him around town. Babble babble bable. :face-devil-grin:Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  2.  permalink
    someone: The longer I wait, the harder it seems to get anywhere around the globe. I want a nice puppy to take care of so i can find a date as I walk him around town. Babble babble bable. :face-devil-grin:

WTF?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Frys would have to sue Amex, since they made the decision. Amex, Im sure has lawyers that have already addressed the legality of this.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu: Frys would have to sue Amex, since they made the decision. Amex, Im sure has lawyers that have already addressed the legality of this.

Not to mention it's probably spelled out well in their agreement with fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Working returns, i tend to hate AMEX customers the most. They seem to have the attitude of, "i'm an elite prick because I have an American Express".

If You Were A Credit Card_01-.jpg
    I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    :face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    But... Amexes... they arent hard to get....Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    AyaHu: But... Amexes... they arent hard to get....

Depends which one. The ones issued by AMEX themselves...yes. The ones issued by Bank of America, etc aren't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    But, anyone with 'good' credit can get one.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu: But, anyone with 'good' credit can get one.

Remember different lenders have different definitions of good credit. For example, Capital One all you need is a pulse, a SS# and at least 10k in income and your in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    not necessarily i was able to sign up a deceased person for cap-oneLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    AyaHu: Frys would have to sue Amex, since they made the decision. Amex, Im sure has lawyers that have already addressed the legality of this.

Good point. Add into that the number of suits and small claims agains Frys (and Frys loses better than 90% of them) is staggering. If Fry's tried to sue either Amex or the customer direct, all the defendant's attorney would have to do is pull a run of small claims and the judgements AGAINST Frys as evidence to toss the suit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    Here's one way of looking at it:  

"700 and above – Very good to excellent. Lenders will have no problems giving you a loan with a credit score of 700 or above.  
    680 to 699 – This credit score puts you in the "Good" category. That one point between good and very good to excellent credit generally makes little difference to lenders so don't sweat it.  
    620 to 679 – If your credit score falls into this range, you fall into the "Okay" category. The closer your score is to 679, the better. 620 is consider to be a "par" credit rating and you may be required to provide supporting information such as additional income statements, personal and professional references as well as documentation confirming time at your current job.  
    580 to 619 – While you aren't in the "Bad" category yet, you are teetering on the edge if your credit score falls in this range. 620 is the prime rate cut-off, so plan on paying a higher interest rate or work on improving your credit score.  
    500 to 580 – You can still get credit in this scoring range, but expect to pay a very high interest rate and look closely at the terms of your agreement. Closely examine how your interest rate is calculated. Some predatory lenders will charge interest rates on car loans that are calculated like credit cards, on a daily average balance. If you see these words in your disclosures for a car loan, put the pen down and walk away.  
    499 and below – Yes, even with as score of 499 or below you can still be extended credit, but the interest rates will kill you financially. Take a year or two to pay off your collections or bad debt, clean up your credit and reapply at a later date."Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    800+ Credit score ftw. [Equifax]  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: 800+ Credit score ftw. [Equifax]  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

Anyone and Everyone with a 800+ credit score can get one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Who would want it? Also, I'm pretty sure I don't qualify: "stated requirements to become a card holder included minimum spending of $250,000 in a 12 month period."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: Who would want it? Also, I'm pretty sure I don't qualify: "stated requirements to become a card holder included minimum spending of $250,000 in a 12 month period."

I can't even think of 250k worth of things I want. Maybe the Audi R8, but thats not 250. A couple dolls.... They are only 1k each....Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    Sasquatch: Who would want it? Also, I'm pretty sure I don't qualify: "stated requirements to become a card holder included minimum spending of $250,000 in a 12 month period."

I can't even think of 250k worth of things I want. Maybe the Audi R8, but thats not 250. A couple dolls.... They are only 1k each....

Or 20 Vietnamese hookers for one night....they are expensive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    an entire fleet of suzuki samurais :face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    Suzukiman: an entire fleet of suzuki samurais :face-smile:

What is your obsession with that POS car. More like an entire fleet of 350zs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009 edited
    yeah but the 320z will not beat the samurai, stock or not, in the terrain I like to drive in. Jeeps are way too heavy are all around bigger and way more expensive for what they can do. Infact the only thing that can outperform a samurai after the same amount of cash is spent is a quad bike, problem there is it has handle bars isnt road legal cant take more than 2 people and you can forget about the cargo. The samurai is the easiest offroad vehicle to fix, mod and work on, it has a huge backing of enthusiasts with a large after market world wide and if it is a pos why dont you see any jeeps that have been driven hard offroad (on its side and upside down type hard once a month or so) with more than 150k on the odometer? not to mention its great on gas and has 11 different engine kits for 11 different engines. I doubt you can find something that compares with the samurai much less beats it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    the next question is why do you not like them? i dont want to hear opinions because you just stated its a pos so back it up with facts .............. true facts. I do know all the valid points you could possibly make because ive fixed them all. good luck.:face-smile:  

I think this will be a lesson in doing research and knowing what you are talking about before speaking.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and why do you want an audi tt sporting a nissan badge with a wanted to look like ferrari heritage?? heck the 240 was just 10 away from sharing the 250's nameLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009 edited
    350zs are gay. Acura NSX is where its at. And two days ago an Audi R8 pulled out of walgreens parking lot and behind me at Pinnacle Peak and Pima. I was like "HOLY CHRIST"  

And suddenly it was like the world stopped. It was just me and the hottest car I'd ever fathomed. I hate Audis, but this was instant love, desire, and he followed me all the way to happy valley. Oh, I love you... R8  

All my life I just wanted a Saleen S7. I pass daily tons of hot sports cars on my way to work like the grey lambo, a nice cherry red NSX, and a ferrari, and twice this Rolls and yesterday an aston was out near safeway, and like these ugly ass bentleys, they are the ugliest car on earth besides a maserati. A 91 integ is better looking.  

but none NONE COMPARED TO THE R8. Id never seen anything like it (it being the league of SEXY - I mean besides Sass) before and promptly looked it up.  

NONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~  

And Nissans suck in general- I know I drive one. Nothing like an Acura.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    nissan pathfinders are actually really durable and last along time very solid built too it doesnt feel cheap atleast the 1995 was. Good offroader too.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Ah you guys make way too much for me. I can't even consider buying a car, any car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ??? where you work?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    "at" frys lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah i see just claim things as your around the store to sell on ebay.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The R8 is a lovely car.
  8.  permalink
    asdf: "at" frys lol

What you expect? The only people who can afford stuff working at retail are people still living with parents, married to someone well-off (not many @ Fry's) or really high-up sup or manager.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf: Ah you guys make way too much for me. I can't even consider buying a car, any car.

What about a 5k 91 Integ? You could get financing. Some banks do small auto loans really easily. Its not so bad.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    in this market hahLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Suzukiman: in this market hah

... if you have decent credit, this market is still marketable. My first car was a 91 integ I bought in cash for somewhere around 5k. Ooo I loved her.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    Man, you really rave about that car. I should buy a manual model and learn stick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    get a samurai and you will never buy a different vehicle again.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    it even has a sporty 5 speed.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Suzukiman: it even has a sporty 5 speed.

Do they even make that car anymore? Its been about 5-7 yrs since I saw one of the road!?!?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    meinside100:
    Suzukiman: it even has a sporty 5 speed.

Do they even make that car anymore? Its been about 5-7 yrs since I saw one of the road!?!?!?

Most of them are goners- people like suzukiman maintain theirs. Its a die-hard love that drives him.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    well most have been turned into tube buggies for offroad. They are no longer sold in the us, and definatly not as the samurai. suzuki stopped producion of them for the us in 94 because of the comsumer reports saying they flip. suzuki won one of the only settlement cases against consumer reports for grossly incorrect biased opinions. infact jeeps and suburbans flipped easier than the samurai. the report effectivly did its damage and so the samurai is no more, its sold as the gimny and the gypsy though, same car different name the new ones arnt so good offroad. the one i drive is based off of the japanese military jeep which is a 2 cylinder version, and weighs only 1500 lbs. they redid the military model a little and made the samurai. It is also the best offroader for the dollar you can getthat is road legal. with low maintinence and good gas mileage along with alot of aftermarket parts that are cheap (simply because they dont have to put up with the strain of a big 300hp v8 on a 2 ton rig) means you can make more of a rig for less if you can put up with the lack of power and speed. Most jeepers hate them because it will do more for less. Also i think it goes back to the rice vs american muscle. american muscle beats rice anyday except offroad.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  10.  permalink
    Sasquatch: The R8 is a lovely car.

European cars= Cars made for pricks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    I used to hate Audis too but Im a convert.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    AyaHu: I used to hate Audis too but Im a convert.

Audi sucks....HORRIBLE resale and they break down constantly. Japanese cars FTW.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    If you can buy the Audi in question, resale isn't really an issue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Sasquatch: If you can buy the Audi in question, resale isn't really an issue.

Exactly.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited
    the only good cars to come out of japan were the toyota landcruiser fj-40 with its absolute posh interior and its rugged go anywhere look on the outside its the mechanically simple way to travel anywhere this would have to be my second pick because they were heavy and are now very hard to come by and expensive to wheel

1962_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_FJ40_Softtop_Interior_1.jpg

toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-1981-2jpg.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....