Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Oh dang... The inventory we are doing at our store-- we don't hire some other company to do it for us and we check if they are scanning correctly (like items that look the same.) We, the associates, do the inventory ourselves. Dang.  

I got to do it 5pm-1am tomorrow >.<, might take longer they said (I'm sure it will take a lot longer...)  

I suppose, our store manager said, that this is the first time any Fry's store is doing the inventory without the inventory personnel service or whatever. We are just going to have a few to train us how to use those scanning machines.  

Thoughts anyone? Who gives a damn?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Overnight Stocking Crew & Better Ordering of Inventory
    Hate It Or Love It: The Dreaded Inventory Day @ Fry's
    How did inventory go for you guys?
    Mopar Inventory?
    Why is Frys having associates do inventory this time around instead of RGIS?
  3.  permalink
    This also means, that if we do it successfully and good, other Fry's stores might start to do this process alone as well.  

Either way, this is going to be an interesting experience :face-smile:
  4.  permalink
    Joshua: Oh dang... The inventory we are doing at our store-- we don't hire some other company to do it for us and we check if they are scanning correctly (like items that look the same.) We, the associates, do the inventory ourselves. Dang.  

I got to do it 5pm-1am tomorrow >.<, might take longer they said (I'm sure it will take a lot longer...)  

I suppose, our store manager said, that this is the first time any Fry's store is doing the inventory without the inventory personnel service or whatever. We are just going to have a few to train us how to use those scanning machines.  

Why? Is Frys trying to cut cost?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    om*cough*ar scan*cough*dalLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    ahahaha, further proof that Fry's is going to the shitter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    It usually costs like $50k to do one of these inventories.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009 edited
    worm: It usually costs like $50k to do one of these inventories.

and after the food budget to feed sales associates working inventory that day, that leaves like $49,973
  6.  permalink
    Suzukiman: om*cough*ar scan*cough*dal

What was that, couldn't hear you? Omar... sandals? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Joshua: This also means, that if we do it successfully and good, other Fry's stores might start to do this process alone as well.  

Either way, this is going to be an interesting experience :face-smile:

Screw it Up! Screw it up! :) *cackles evilly*Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    LMAO sorry had a bit of a cough there but wait out of that 50k you also have to take out paychecks so truely they will only save a mere 45kLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Joshua: Oh dang... The inventory we are doing at our store-- we don't hire some other company to do it for us and we check if they are scanning correctly (like items that look the same.) We, the associates, do the inventory ourselves. Dang.  

I am so, so sorry for you. Genuinely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I would recommending doing horribly so you will never experience inventory again. If you like it you should consider working for RGIS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    So, so sorry.
  7.  permalink
    Well, just did it. We we're about an hour behind, but finished. I think it was probably just as successful having us do it compared to those other inventory companies- and considering that we know the items a little better so we can catch our mistakes.  

From the way it was described, this seemed to be very successful, I just don't know how cost efficient it was. For the last hour, I got to sit down and wait for them to check and see how accurate our current stuff in the computer compared to what we did today.  

It sure was a lot of scanning, guess I would have done the same anyhow seeing as I'm a cashier- just no talking to other people. We got to casually dress so customers wouldn't ask us questions- only the dingbats came in with white shirts and a tie today lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    You know, it seems odd they had companies doing it for them, every large retailer Ive worked for has employees do it , and assigns auditors, like yours for the last hour or so. List includes Dillards, JC Penny (That was my twin.. not me.), Nordstrom, and of course my own store of three years, Sanrio, but that was small. Not that I can't see the benefit in having a company do it, but...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    Certain things like inventory count can be outsourced. Having employees do inventory takes away from them being able to do their actual job. Additionally, oft times the employee is being paid a higher wage than what the inventory counter is, so there's a cost/benefit there. It's cheaper to pay a small crew to do inventory, than to pay overtime and and keep employees from doing their real job.  

When it comes to stuff like IT, any company that outsources their IT is a fool (IMHO - having worked for two companies that outsourced their IT, and paid dearly for that decision).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep that is one thing that won't get this Italian to move to china is the fact IT exists here.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    To my experience retailers have their employees work after hours to do it. We worked from 9-3am usually for 3 or 4 days, overtime was offered or you could elect to work inventory only, and it was mainly if they scheduled you for this, you could say you couldnt make it and you were fine, semi-volunteer I guess.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I like optional policiesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    AyaHu: ...That was my twin.. not me....

I have a twin too! My brother is identical to me, although in personality we are extreme opposites.  

Anyhow, the employees they grabbed for inventory was pretty much employees who didn't have work that day, or wouldn't have worked that day. So they had everybody else they needed all set up with their schedule of delegations.  

We also did it in groups, so that people wouldn't hit overtime, or go too far into overtime. So we had one group that did it 12-8:30 with 30 minute lunch break. Then we had second group (which was me) that did 5-1am with 30 minute dinner break. Some people got like 30 minutes - 1 hour overtime, but not too much people. We were actually pretty organized, and though we were very new to the machines, for every 4-5 employees they had 1 of those inventory guys to watch us (complete opposite of usual inventory for Fry's), so that if we had problems with the machine, it could be easily fixed. We were also more efficient because we are more aware of products that may look the same, but aren't- so we avoided a lot of mistakes that an inventory person from another company would have made. Then, we stayed for an extra hour half, and the DMs were all checking and comparing the information in the computer compared to what we scanned that day- and there wasn't too many problems it seemed. This was probably very cost efficient and probably saved the store a lot of money compared to having the inventory company do it themselves.  

Also, the people they picked, were mostly sales associates and a few cashiers, so most of us got paid $8 an hour, aside from certified cashiers, the software department I guess is still on holiday pay (they don't commission so I guess they have a different system set up), and volunteers from returns who get $11 an hour. Nobody from Service did it, I don't think they would Service do it anyways :P, so you technicians have nothing to worry about there haha.  

The job was easy, just got boring after a while. Then again, it's just like my ordinary day of work, scanning things and moving on to the next project. Except, we got to casually dress so customers wouldn't ask us questions- that way we could keep up with the inventory.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009 edited
    How are you identical and opposites (trying to get your take- considering twins have 100% the same DNA IF identical - were you swab tested)? Are you younger than 18? In which case I am fascinated by you. Would you say he is a portion of your personality that developed in an extreme way while yours developed in another extreme? Would you say that you grew up together? Did you go through the same things? Were you seperated in classes? Did you have the same friends? Are you born on the cusp on the zodiac?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I am an identical twin and we are 100% the exact same. In fact, today, after a long late day at work, I went to pick her up and I said something like "Rice pudding" and we looked at eachother and knew, even though we were tired and wanted to go home, we needed rice pudding. So we got some. The dogs were PISSED cause they were hungry. We are so identical that, at 6am we go to walmart to look for fabric, and then at 6:30 say we are hungry and say if we waste 30 more minutes Los Favoritos will be open, and go there and get quesadillas. At 7:00 in the morning. Who else does THAT, HUH!?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    So does your twin on here?
  9.  permalink
    While we are 100% identical in DNA, our DNA hardly influences our personality.  

Even though we have lived together our entire life, I believe the people we meet such as in school, out on the street, and even at work can really shape us into who we are.  

Seems like this has started way back considering that I am left handed and he is right handed. Something in my life must have caused that, I can't recall if I ever had a left hand teacher before- but I do remember that people were trying to teach me how to use right handed in the later grades.  

What would having to be younger than 18 have to do with anything :P, are you younger than 18 ;)? Anyhow, I work at Fry's, nobody there is younger than 18 (at least at our store.)  

But yeah, we've lived together our entire life, but have had different classes and met different people- I'm sure each and every person, including you guys, have molded me into a new personality or knowledge that he could never achieve, as well as his friend and acquaintances do to him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009 edited
    Actually, genetics make up 100% of someones personality save their dialect. Youll soon find out how close you are. Being under 18 makes a difference because you are not mature enough to find the similiarity of yourselves, you do not know your own self yet.  

Were you swab tested? My twin and I were born I was left and she was right, its not a genetic thing, it comes out. My mom shoved things in my right hand to program me to be a righty.  

See, twins who dont get along, or feel different than one another, are really rejecting their own flaws. When one loves oneself, one loves ones twin.  

Lets say, for example: My twin dresses in gothic lolita, almost all the time. I dress in smoking hot babe clothes all the time. Not because we are different, but because the most dominant aspect of our personality in me is the babe clothes and her is the gothic lolita. I appreciate the GL, and I am as ecclectic as her, and would love to dress so, but the most dominant part of OUR personality that comes out in me most of the time is dressing in hot babe clothes.  

Being seperated in classes is a disgusting thing parents do and poor twins like you and your brother and mine and my own have to miss out on precious moments of eachothers life that could have been lived together. Around 14 we had the revelation that we were a hellofalot alike, even though before then we thought similiarly to you. Males mature slower, and you sound younger than me, so I think you will someday find the clone you've always wanted if you are given a reason to come together more.  

And even with our seperate classes (When we had them before age 16) we knew... but we arent normal, we move mentally and lifestyle at an accelerated pace, like progeria of the life. So you are probably just coming around to this knowledge. You should be more receptive to it, a twin is the most amazing gift you can get, and not taking advantage of it is not only a shame, but there are other singles out there who would die for the chance.  

And agin DNA is 100% of your personality - I knew a lady who gave up her son at birth. When they met he as 24 - he was just dumbfounded by their likeness - and his similarity to his grandfather. He never knew this before. Same thing happened to us when we met our dad. Holy cow it was insane. We even spread butter the same.  

Its genetics, bb. (Theyve done testing on this shit with identical twins - you should look into it.)Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    I was told that we were tested and are confirmed 100% identical twins. I'm 19 years old, 20 this coming September.  

Environmental variation seems to have a huge effect on everybody, regardless of DNA and genetics. Most of those things that are being tested with genetics, especially with personality, is only theory- I've looked into it already.  

I'm not denying my brother of his excellent lifestyle, but it is completely different from mine. Also, I don't hate being a twin, just another person who was born into this world, like everybody else.  

While life comes as most of nature, personality seems to be one of those things that is nurtured. Look at this way, as I do: When you were born, are your interests genuinely the same? Were you born with the love for these "hot babe clothes" or did you see it one day, and that mannequin or person wearing it, almost like a sales pitch, suddenly interest you into these style of clothing?  

This is quite interesting, I suppose we will find out one day, but for now... I'm pretty firm in what I believe in. I suppose you could be right, maybe I'm naturally being stubborn about it, maybe my brother is too, and we do like the same things exactly... I just find it so hard that either one of us could be doing something for years something we hate so much, and like it?  

I'd be interested one day to meet you. Not too many twins around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    Joshua:  
    I'd be interested one day to meet you. Not too many twins around.

I think they still have a twin's festival somewhere in the midwest I think in Ohio.. Yeah it's Twinsburgh, Ohio  

http://www.twinsdays.org/Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2038
    Sounds like some kinda orgy fest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    my twin's my cousins moms husbands dad ............. O.o' ouch i now have a headache.

redneckyacht.JPG
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You're left handed, but play the guitar right handed?
  11.  permalink
    Sasquatch: You're left handed, but play the guitar right handed?

Good catch!  

I was trying to play left handed when I first started, because that was the way I was most comfortable with... except my best friend who was teaching me, is right handed and plays right handed. What I can play is everything that he taught me, but I wasn't clever enough to learn on my own, so I play right handed instead of left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sure... not sure if you were tested..... seems fishy.... swabbing is usually done when you are old enough to remember.. they take DNA from your mouth... its so cool...Superhero!
  12.  permalink
    AyaHu: Sure... not sure if you were tested..... seems fishy.... swabbing is usually done when you are old enough to remember.. they take DNA from your mouth... its so cool...

No need to believe me lol, it really doesn't matter if I'm a identical twin or not lmfao, or even a twin at all. It's cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    Suzukiman: my twin's my cousins moms husbands dad ............. O.o' ouch i now have a headache.

Yeah thats how to do it but that air conditioning unit is just icing on the cake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf

He mentioned he had a right-handed twin right? Thats him dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    I think i found their truck

rnac2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: I think i found their truck

Lol that is awesome. And you can like plug that into a 1kwatt inverter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    like this one?

RedneckAirConditioner.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well ok its more of a seperate generator than just an inverter but if your going over the top in redneck engineerin may as well go way over the top. besides now you can run all your powertools at the same time on the road.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: like this one?

Man man this is even more ridiculous. Whats up with the red neck tail light?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    no idea i think it is a profuse use of bubble gum i did find their boat to get to shore though. I think the table was the first one till gas prices hit then they went with the battery operated lawn chair on pontunes (large chunks of dock styrofoam)

redneck_boat.jpg

redneck bass boat.jpg
  13.  permalink
    asdf:

He mentioned he had a right-handed twin right? Thats him dude.

Nah, it's me- I play the guitar right handed cause that's how my friend taught to me... Plus I was too lazy to switch the strings around. I hold onto the guitar left handed but when I play I hold right handed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Suzukiman: my twin's my cousins moms husbands dad ............. O.o' ouch i now have a headache.

That can only happen if you're from Louisiana, Arkansas or Tennessee...
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm

Remembering your red neck reunion huh?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    They should be more like cubans and actually do something useful to their cars.

carboat.jpg
    Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    ObiWan:

Kentucky too.Superhero!
  14.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    ObiWan:

Kentucky too.

Lol!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    ROFLMAO nah my family reunions look like any scene from the godfather while they are in Italy. huge swarms of Italians in suits.  

but you mean useful like this?? redneck carpool? wonder if it is legal in the carpool lane?

redneck_wading_pool.jpg