Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009 edited
    DON'T THEY HAVE UNTIL JANUARY 31ST TO GIVE IT TO US?  

WHERE DO CURRENT EMPLOYEES GET IT?  
    WHERE DO PREVIOUS EMPLOYEES GET IT?  

WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU DON'T GET IT AFTER JANUARY 31ST?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's is like the Walmart of electronics
    Fry's Electronics is part of the BBB!
    Fry's Electronics is the De facto standard in great Electronic Stores
    DO YOU STILL THINK THERE IS MORE FRAUD AND OTHER CONSIPIRACY'S AT FRY'S ELECTRONICS
    Maps of the Fry's Electronics Stores
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    if you are employed by frys they usually hand them out with paychecks around mid january. at least thats what theyve done in the past.  

if youre an ex-employee, they have to mail them out before the end of january (by law) to your last known address when you left the company.  

(of course. if you are collecting deffered compensation like you stated in the other post you would know this info already)
  2.  permalink
    flea: DON'T THEY HAVE UNTIL JANUARY 31ST TO GIVE IT TO US?  

WHERE DO CURRENT EMPLOYEES GET IT?  
    WHERE DO PREVIOUS EMPLOYEES GET IT?  

WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU DON'T GET IT AFTER JANUARY 31ST?

You can always use your last paystub of 08.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    meinside100:You can always use your last paystub of 08.

Actually, no. I would not recommend that. What shows on your paystub and what is reported to the IRS may be different.  

Again, keep in mind that Fry's is LEGALLY obligated to deliver the W2 prior to January 31. If you're that concerned, I'd give them a call and inquire about it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009 edited
    ObiWan:

Actually, no. I would not recommend that. What shows on your paystub and what is reported to the IRS may be different.  

Again, keep in mind that Fry's is LEGALLY obligated to deliver the W2 prior to January 31. If you're that concerned, I'd give them a call and inquire about it now.

Since when did Fry's obey the law?
  3.  permalink
    asdf:
    ObiWan:

Since when did Fry's obey the law?

Diddo, just like the managers at 38, who always talk about the cons of racism and sexual harassment, yet when they think no one is watching or listening...well....use your imagination???!?!
  4.  permalink
    They are being mailed out to former frys employees and current employees should get them next week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    SDCherryPicker: They are being mailed out to former frys employees and current employees should get them next week.

Exactly.. There is still 2 fridays left in this month.. I'm guessing you'll see it next week.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2038
    There's is no point in filing since you don't make enough to get anything back.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    Guest: There's is no point in filing since you don't make enough to get anything back.

Wrong, with the standard deduction (5k for singles) you will get something back. Also, if after the standard deduction you only made <9500 or less and no one claims you dependent you get Earned Income Tax Credit and you don't need kids to get it or head of household status.  

I only made 15k last year and I got 1200 back federal and 350 back state and that is with 1 fed and 1 state withholding credit on my paychecks.  

Once again if you dont know what you are talking about...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    so you gave the government a 1550$ interest free 1 year loan ........ nice. Remember getting a tax refund of 0 means you are better off or you really screwed up your paperwork. If you have to pay taxes you just got the year loan with no interest. If you invest that money you didnt pay from your checks you can make even more money from it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Suzukiman: so you gave the government a 1550$ interest free 1 year loan ........ nice. Remember getting a tax refund of 0 means you are better off or you really screwed up your paperwork. If you have to pay taxes you just got the year loan with no interest. If you invest that money you didnt pay from your checks you can make even more money from it.

No you are wrong. Earned Income Tax credit is litterly a welfare check from Uncle Sam. I got MORE back than I paid in taxes in 07. Sometimes it pays to be poor in America :face-smile: 9500, after deductions, is poverty for a single/childless person so that is why I qualified for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i stand corrected then but for regular taxes always choose the minimum deduction possible then invest that money to make more money then pay taxes.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Wooooo, no state income tax for Texas!
  6.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Wooooo, no state income tax for Texas!

I wished I lived there. I take total shame being Californian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    If it make syou feel any better I havent received ANY of mine. I think I have 3 coming...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: i stand corrected then but for regular taxes always choose the minimum deduction possible then invest that money to make more money then pay taxes.

EXACTLY.. It is better to owe in the end then get back you tax money... because even if you put what you were overpaying in a low-interest savings account.. you'd be making more than what Uncle Sam will give you back.. and now in California, we may not be gettings refunds but IOU's because the gov't is too stupid to get it's act together and cut spending to make a good budget.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  7.  permalink
    someone:
    Suzukiman: i stand corrected then but for regular taxes always choose the minimum deduction possible then invest that money to make more money then pay taxes.

EXACTLY.. It is better to owe in the end then get back you tax money... because even if you put what you were overpaying in a low-interest savings account.. you'd be making more than what Uncle Sam will give you back.. and now in California, we may not be gettings refunds but IOU's because the gov't is too stupid to get it's act together and cut spending to make a good budget.

I hate all of our earmark spending. Vote for Joshua!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    AyaHu: If it make syou feel any better I havent received ANY of mine. I think I have 3 coming...

Don't worry I know the feeling. With all my mental problems I sometimes get hired then fired at 2-3 different places per year. I tend not to stay employed in places filled with Type-A personality or/and up-tight people too long. I don't know how I lasted so long at Fry's?!?!?
  8.  permalink
    >>>>I don't know how I lasted so long at Fry's?!?!?

there seems to ways to be 3 ways to leave Fry's:

1. Quit (most popular, which is why theres always a class of 10-20 new hires EVERY WEEK)
    2. Fired for serious reason (stealing an Ipod and getting caught. issuing $100k in fake returns and getting caught.)
    3. Fired on a random whim (long timers axed over a shit schedule and retarded sales goals, rather than axe the newly hired old retired man with the perfect schedule who doesnt make any money, all to compensate for a douchebag CEO who borrowed a little and stole even more company money because of his addiction to gambling, cars, whores and blow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    adhd working for the biggest company of our type (pre-production chip testing and one of the bigger production chip testing companies also) on the face of the planet woooooot it can be done but then again i can have whatever personality i need for any situation. Now back to monitoring servers on 3 monitors. I hate software that just doesnt work right.  

Also you know you are in a good job if your boss buys you gifts and gets you raises even if you are not in their department any more. So ha! ok gloating done my ego is now at peace.:face-angel:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Guest: >>>>I don't know how I lasted so long at Fry's?!?!?  

there seems to ways to be 3 ways to leave Fry's:  

1. Quit (most popular, which is why theres always a class of 10-20 new hires EVERY WEEK)  
    2. Fired for serious reason (stealing an Ipod and getting caught. issuing $100k in fake returns and getting caught.)  
    3. Fired on a random whim (long timers axed over a shit schedule and retarded sales goals, rather than axe the newly hired old retired man with the perfect schedule who doesnt make any money, all to compensate for a douchebag CEO who borrowed a little and stole even more company money because of his addiction to gambling, cars, whores and blow)

So true, half the young people, < 30, that get canned usually are replaced by someone > 50 who is retired and simply wants to get out of the house and doesn't care how much he is paid.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    Suzukiman: adhd working for the biggest company of our type (pre-production chip testing and one of the bigger production chip testing companies also) on the face of the planet woooooot it can be done but then again i can have whatever personality i need for any situation. Now back to monitoring servers on 3 monitors. I hate software that just doesnt work right.  

Also you know you are in a good job if your boss buys you gifts and gets you raises even if you are not in their department any more. So ha! ok gloating done my ego is now at peace.:face-angel:

I envy your job. It sounds like some dreamy union job. *DROOL*
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    no union actually its just a really really cool IT job. The only thing I am good at is solving problems with computers and getting things to work correctly so ive ended up doing all the oddball IT stuff here like fixing chillers, test heads, vacuum pumps, old computer hardware that is needed for the equipment to run, and of coarse the network and sea of servers we have on that.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: no union actually its just a really really cool IT job. The only thing I am good at is solving problems with computers and getting things to work correctly so ive ended up doing all the oddball IT stuff here like fixing chillers, test heads, vacuum pumps, old computer hardware that is needed for the equipment to run, and of coarse the network and sea of servers we have on that.

I'm open to opportunities if any.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    jobing.com , careerbuilder.com , craigslist.org , monster.comSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    apply at EAG if you think you can do something.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If you're a geek, Dice.com. You might want to also include hotjobs.com.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    those are good always goo to cruise craigslist.org sometimes there are really good startup companies posting there.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: apply at EAG if you think you can do something.

Whats the website?  

ObiWan: If you're a geek, Dice.com. You might want to also include hotjobs.com.

The jobs I qualify for are between 60 and 120k.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    http://www.cea.com/  

...... granted if you mention suzukiman they will probably not hire you but it will make hr crack up they just may think your on something. If you know who I am call me or send me your res and i can send it up.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and what fields are you in?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    I got my w2 tax form from Fry's today now I'm just waiting for my Sprint W2 and im all set.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009 edited
    MacIas: I got my w2 tax form from Fry's today now I'm just waiting for my Sprint W2 and im all set.

In the mail for the Fry's one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I am a former employee so I got it in the mail today, I live in San Diegoaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Man, I still dont have mine. Eager to collect some of my earnings back...Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    AyaHu: Man, I still dont have mine. Eager to collect some of my earnings back...

I'm actually looking for my W2 to be late so I can put a complaint with the IRS. I heard the IRS fines companies almost 100 bucks for every W2 that is reported late. Making Frys lose money.....Priceless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    meinside100:
    AyaHu: Man, I still dont have mine. Eager to collect some of my earnings back...

I'm actually looking for my W2 to be late so I can put a complaint with the IRS. I heard the IRS fines companies almost 100 bucks for every W2 that is reported late. Making Frys lose money.....Priceless.

Nice! You bet Ill be doing so if mine arent here. I have a few companies that will give me deep satisfaction.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    meinside100:

I got my W-2 Wednesday. You should have yours by now, especially since you live in Cali.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009 edited
    I got my w2. To bad I will be getting w2s for life since the def comp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Too bad.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    I got mine yesterday.
  12.  permalink
    I got mine yesterday. And did the e-file on my lunch break. I should be getting my money next week.
  13.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: I got mine yesterday. And did the e-file on my lunch break. I should be getting my money next week.

How do you do that? I've always done it by paper :face-plain:
  14.  permalink
    Joshua:
    SDCherryPicker: I got mine yesterday. And did the e-file on my lunch break. I should be getting my money next week.

How do you do that? I've always done it by paper :face-plain:

I used Turbotax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    IRS has links on their website of verified efile places.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    i can't really file yet since I have multiple sources of income. not a huge deal im not hurting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    im still waiting for other W 2s, couple of 1099ints, and a dew 1099gs... sucks
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Im waiting for one more W2 myself.Superhero!