Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    As a big fan of electronics I rarely went to CircuitCity or CompUSA. There is just something about them that sucks. I would prefer to go to Best Buy or Fry's always.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I always liked CompUSA. Could always get a straight answer and decent recommendations for my computer needs (before I got dangerous and did my primary research, and started learning about computers).  

Circuit City never seemed to have in stock what we were looking for. We'd find the perfect TV - not in stock. The speakers we wanted - not in stock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    all about halted or db electronics.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
  1.  permalink
    While Fry's does have decent quality products, and prices, I have to admit that our service compared to Circuit City was awful. But that's okay, because our strength isn't in service (though we strive to do better), it was in prices "You're best buys are always at Fry's, Guaranteed!" However, Circuit City's strength was in service, and dumping those employees to begin with, was an obvious and huge mistake- they just dumped their strength to get cheaper labour. Everybody saw this coming.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    CompUSA wasnt so so so bad, but Circuit City... well, just the environment alone was enough to make me never go there. Even though we had one brand new built in North Scottsdale, it STILL looked and felt ghetto, for some reason it was INCREDIBLY DARK all the time. Like they used maybe half of the lights at most ever.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    I remember that's why I never went to the one near my school, and then it became a Rasputins music store... Which I think is also going out of business in our area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Sasquatch:

It will be the same story for Frys and Sears. I think many in technology are facing the same storyline.
  3.  permalink
    barely giving employees enough hours to be considered full time? check
    big time company earnings scandal involving the IRS? check
    cutting down labor costs having employees do inventory? check
    internal theft and disgruntled employee rage rising? you bet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Fry's has "decent quality products"? Say what? Having seen how much of their merchandise is handled (here's a hint - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZeIoLz8FE), once Fry's has handled it, it's no longer decent. Too many times I saw holes punched in boxes from improper handling, video card boxes bound with straps till they crushed the box, etc.  

It may have been "decent quality" when it left the manufacturer, but by the time Fry's gets through with it, it's roadkill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    ObiWan: Fry's has "decent quality products"? Say what? Having seen how much of their merchandise is handled (here's a hint - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZeIoLz8FE), once Fry's has handled it, it's no longer decent. Too many times I saw holes punched in boxes from improper handling, video card boxes bound with straps till they crushed the box, etc.  

It may have been "decent quality" when it left the manufacturer, but by the time Fry's gets through with it, it's roadkill.

Our policy is the take care of merchandise as if we owned it.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Well, they have SOME quality products, but their generic stuff is beyond craptacular. I got some Frys generic laptop fan and the wire is threaded at the USB port, somehow it ripped from the holding there. Its not broken, just threaded... but its only 4 weeks old.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    worm:Our policy is the take care of merchandise as if we owned it.

Kinda sounds like a college roomate we used to have. We finally kicked him out of the house 'cuz he was such a slob. Sorry, but Fry's merchandise handling leaves a lot to be desired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    man-a-board racing anyone?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....