Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    Court filing shows bankrupt electronics retailer seeks approval to sell merchandise in its remaining 567 stores.  
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/16/news/companies/circuit_city/  

How do you think this will affect Fry's?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Circuit City tring to be cool will change their name to The City
    Circuit City Closing 155 Stores: Frys is Next?
    CNN: Circuit City to close all stores if Xmas sales dont meet expectations!!
    27 Confessions Of A Former Circuit City Worker
    Circuit City's Black Friday Ad is ready!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    it will have a surge of cheap labor and more customers.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    The thing is, is that people buying this crap from Circuit City wont be able to return it if it doesn't work, they wont have any PSC if it's expensive product. Nothing to back up what they are going to buy, even if it is ridiculously cheap.  

As for the workers, wouldn't be surprised if almost all applied at a Fry's or a Best Buy. Glad I'm already in business :P
  3.  permalink
    The last day for employees at Circuit City is March 31st.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    circuit city could sell the company on ebay it may get a few thousand dollar buyout.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    If I worked there, I would hope to be fired now. I read that they are paying wages and benefits for 60 days.
  4.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: The last day for employees at Circuit City is March 31st.

That is only for the ones helping in the liquidation. Most employees were let go yesterday or today.
  5.  permalink
    I worked a circuit when they closed the 500 stores late in 08 just a month ago. it sucked cause the liquidators are assholes..I work at fry's now and i hear allot of employees complaining about how it sucks and how the company dosnt care. to be truely honest its better than circuit. even when they where not closing the managers just didnt care and if you were under payed good luck trying to prove it. at least at fry's you have the chance to make more cause of commisson
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Guest: I worked a circuit when they closed the 500 stores late in 08 just a month ago. it sucked cause the liquidators are assholes..I work at fry's now and i hear allot of employees complaining about how it sucks and how the company dosnt care. to be truely honest its better than circuit. even when they where not closing the managers just didnt care and if you were under payed good luck trying to prove it. at least at fry's you have the chance to make more cause of commisson

You can make more with an education.
  6.  permalink
    meinside100:
    SDCherryPicker: The last day for employees at Circuit City is March 31st.

That is only for the ones helping in the liquidation. Most employees were let go yesterday or today.

Actually no. The only thing that happened yesterday was that the ownership and day to day operations transfered over to the Liquidators and the Stores are still running until the end of march or until each store has sold enough of their stock to be shut down. Circuit City is still open for buisness for now.