Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250359228822Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    $300,000??? :P cant afford that...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    nice negatives.. ;) Did you put up a disclaimer next to the item?  

Seller refuses to honor listing! Tried to add fees not in listing! Dishonest!  

Reply by global_shipper1 (Jun-16-08 20:32):  
    A listed was set at a buy it now on accident and I refused to honor it. Rude!Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    DONT SELL US *WEEP*:face-crying::face-crying::face-crying:Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    $300K? Is the owner on crack?
  1.  permalink
    AyaHu: DONT SELL US *WEEP*:face-crying::face-crying::face-crying:

If they sell us wouldn't the new owner turn in our IP adresses to Frys and we are all fucked!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited
    I believe the owner said he scrambled ip addresses. I think hes selling the domain. not the site. We can all move to frysboard.com or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    The owner will need to provide financial information that the domain name is worth $300k. Several other domain names for sale on EBay at a fraction of what the owner is asking for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ObiWan: The owner will need to provide financial information that the domain name is worth $300k. Several other domain names for sale on EBay at a fraction of what the owner is asking for.

Its probably worth 1k lol
  2.  permalink
    I love the "free shipping" part :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    to determine a sites wealth consider this:  

time the site has been online + number of visitors + how much juicy info the site has = $$$aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2126
    I am guessing the owner of the site won't sell the site for less than $300,000 because he knows Fry's can afford to buy it so if Fry's wants it there going to pay up. I doubt Fry's would buy it cause then all the anonymous posters wouldn't trust Fry's. Fry's could turn the site into a communication board though or use it as a way to communicate to employees and customers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Ooh, free shipping, what a deal!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Frys would fail at maintaining any community. This site would end up like http://forums.bestbuy.com where people just ask sales people advice on what to buy in-store or on their site.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    MacIas: to determine a sites wealth consider this:  

time the site has been online + number of visitors + how much juicy info the site has = $$$

So you are trying to sell Fry's Information?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I am not trying to sell Fry's any information... I won't give them any information HELLO did you not hear that I basiclly got fired for not giving them information already?aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    MacIas: I am not trying to sell Fry's any information... I won't give them any information HELLO did you not hear that I basiclly got fired for not giving them information already?

I worded that in a way that could be misconstrued. Let me try again: so you are using "juicy info" about Fry's and their employees as a selling point in marketing the sale of this site?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    MacIas: I am not trying to sell Fry's any information... I won't give them any information HELLO did you not hear that I basiclly got fired for not giving them information already?

Actually, if you look at it technically.. you are not even selling the forum and its' information.. You are just selling the domain name..  

"You are responsible for all hosting fees this purchase is only for the domain name."Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    asdf: Frys would fail at maintaining any community. This site would end up like http://forums.bestbuy.com where people just ask sales people advice on what to buy in-store or on their site.

I love this quote from that forum..  

"Ok so i'm 17, and even i know Managers should not be 18 year old people.... Lame stuff going on these days. "  
    from:http://forums.bestbuy.com/bb/board/message?board.id=Computers_New&thread.id=1919  

That's some ageism there and is not correct.. I'm not saying 18 year old people should be managers.. just that there is probably once in awhile a 18 year old that can be a manager and would probably handle it better than someone older.. but chances are slim.. But you cannot just say an 18 year old cannot/should not be a manager.. Now, if that 18 year old is a poor manager.. then yes.. they shouldn't be :)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Guest: I am guessing the owner of the site won't sell the site for less than $300,000 because he knows Fry's can afford to buy it so if Fry's wants it there going to pay up. I doubt Fry's would buy it cause then all the anonymous posters wouldn't trust Fry's. Fry's could turn the site into a communication board though or use it as a way to communicate to employees and customers.

Exactly. Frys has 300k, so if they want it, they can come and get it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    forums.bestbuy.com will not allow you to say Fry's *lol* but will allow you to say Circuit City,Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    someone:
    asdf: Frys would fail at maintaining any community. This site would end up like http://forums.bestbuy.com where people just ask sales people advice on what to buy in-store or on their site.

I love this quote from that forum..  

"Ok so i'm 17, and even i know Managers should not be 18 year old people.... Lame stuff going on these days. "  
    from:http://forums.bestbuy.com/bb/board/message?board.id=Computers_New&thread.id=1919  

That's some ageism there and is not correct.. I'm not saying 18 year old people should be managers.. just that there is probably once in awhile a 18 year old that can be a manager and would probably handle it better than someone older.. but chances are slim.. But you cannot just say an 18 year old cannot/should not be a manager.. Now, if that 18 year old is a poor manager.. then yes.. they shouldn't be :)

I started managing a toystore when I was 16, and I managed to make more profit than the three years past it had been around. I moved from that straight into managing another store and also brought their sales up and ran it successfully for 1.5 years... I think it depends on the person, not the age.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    16? Child labor laws women haha
  4.  permalink
    Hi use Google to help you make income...you done the hardest part already.
    the traffic. you have more than enough.

Call them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Did you see te revolving "ads by google" i think he alreeady as something to this effect, just maybeLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Probably cost money to run a server?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    not that much but define run.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009 edited
    This must be on some mainframe with 32-core Niagara processors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i think i could pull this site off with a p2 linux box with a couple 100 gb hard drives.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    you can probably run this site on the ramdisk of a linksys router.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    that would be a tight fit for all the pictures but its quite possible just hope there isnt much in the way of number crunching.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    They probably sell Website Gateways at Frys. You just plug it between your internet connection and your PC or router.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i have internet gateways one was even in a hous that burnt down everything in it is a little droopy but the fans spin and it keeps plucking away makes my closet smell like a bbq grill too.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    someone: forums.bestbuy.com will not allow you to say Fry's *lol* but will allow you to say Circuit City,

HOLY CRAP! You are right!  

URL:  
    http://forums.bestbuy.com/bb/board/message?board.id=Policies&message.id=4239&query.id=160899#M4239  

Quote:  
    The lower price was from Fries (spelling incorrect because of banned word,They have two local stores here)....not sure if I was allowed to put that. And yes it is in stock. I was at fries and saw the same pair for less and was surprised by the difference. I did bring in the add and he looked it up called and it was in stock. He denied me based off his claim that Price Matches are at "managers discretion" and that the price match would be below their cost. I really don't want to get this person in trouble with Corporate so I am going to go back and try again and point him to the forums. Someone else had the same issue and and BB corporate customer service agreed with that person that they should price match the local competitor if the item is in stock regardless of what it costs BB to purchase the item. Sad part was I asked if I could just buy the item at cost + 5%, even if it was higher than Fries and I was shot down. I just wanted to use my gift cards. I tried calling and left him a call back number and he never called....I really like best buy too. It's ashame that this is happening. If I am in the wrong please let me know.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009