Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    As a cashier, my goal is to get Fry's card most of the day- and to me, it's almost like a game to me. So I got somebody to apply for Fry's card (with his wife) today with their TV they were going to buy and finance, and the sales associate next to me which they were instantly approved for a very high amount.  

While applying, I usually talk to my customers, so it's not just like they are applying for Fry's card and working with the application- they are actually receiving a little customer service. Apparently, this guy had just moved to our area because of his job, and so he was pretty much starting up a new life... blah blah blah... His ID still contains his old address.  

So we set them up with the promo plan and it gives me that pop up that says, call Fry's bank, something about the security and I need an approval code. I've had before once, which went by really smooth and quick, just had to give the customer the phone and have them answer a few questions- no problem.  

This time, I call Fry's bank, the lady , asks for my name. I tell her, Joshua... then ask for associate number. I give to her my associate number. After that, she asked if I could go on hold, no problem. I was on hold for 20 minutes! The sales associate next to me is like, WTF is going on, this is taking so long. We pull out our cellphones and call with our own cellphones and she finally responds on the phone- thank goodness. So she apologizes and what not for the long wait, which doesn't really help cause the customer has been waiting for 20 minutes, but we still move on. I pass over the phone to the customer and they ask him a few questions, and apparently, he doesn't know that we live in the Alameda county, which is one of the questions she asks him!  

She denies him the use of the Fry's card and wont give me the code to do his transaction, for a Fry's card he was just approved of. This is probably the second time ever I've had to call Fry's bank... so I ask her for my available options "Is there other security questions you might be able to ask him, that would be enough to verify who he is?" No. "Would there be anyway I could give my phone to my supervisor to verify, he just applied, or if we could speak to your supervisor?" BAM!  

This lady , goes nuts and yells at me, while she is on speakers... in front of the customer, the sales associate, and other customers around. I instantly turn red in fury. I understand that she was simply doing her job, security for the customer is good, but I want to see what options we had other than to just say "That's too bad, try next time." The man just applied for Fry's card, he gets denied to use it after a 20 minute wait. The customer is mad, the sales associate is mad she wont get her sale, and I'm mad cause this lady just disrespected me over the phone. She asks if she can speak to my supervisor then, so I give it to my supervisor who was nearby, he just listens to her and says okay a few times... then hangs up. The customer and his wife is very mad, at me and the sales associate (and Fry's), and storms out.  

It was instantly after that I was told I can't tell the lady what to do over the phone. I had to argue back a little bit with my supervisor, and tell him that I DID NOT tell her what to do... I was being constructive to the situation and ASKED QUESTIONS merely seeing what available options we had in the interest of the company. Nobody ever told me I couldn't ask the bank questions, in an appropriate manner which I did... I didn't hassle her, or yell at her, I asked her a few question- for her to yell at me was embarrassing for the company, and made us lose the sale. If she had not yelled at me, the customer probably would have used his other card no problem- financing it would have been nice.  

About 10 minutes later, I'm still mad- trying not to show it and smile, but still furiously red in the face, so I had to pull one of my "stronger" supervisors aside, so she called back Fry's bank and got the lady's name for me.  

Seeing as I have 's name now, who disrespected and yelled at me, which directly hurt the company's sales- which can possibly do this in the future, how should I use this name to better the company? Does Fry's bank record what people say over the phone- I hope so. It doesn't matter how wrong it was of me to question her, she had no right to yell and disrespect me. It's lucky that I don't want to be fired from Fry's or am just plain stupid, because I held my temper in (though I did turn red, which was funny most people said), I stayed professional. She could have done a simple "May I please speak to your supervisor?" If I can't do anything with it from here, I sure hope somebody from the home office could take a look into this... I wont lie, this lady definitely did a good job with the security and all- I have no doubt she's good at her job, but she needs an attitude fix up.  

What makes me mad most, is that I give every customer an opportunity to apply for Fry's card, and am usually top gun at my store- I practically give business to this lady... With less Fry's card, this lady probably wouldn't even have a job. She needs to treat associates and customers with better respect, because we are her bread and butter. Sure, I am just one associate, but who's to say that she doesn't treat other like this? It's common for every 1 complaint there is, 10 other customers (or associates in this case) have the same complaint and chose not to bring it up.  

edit: I've edited out the lady's name... all I need to know is how to file my complaint or what should I do with this name... not make her public, even though she was awful to me. This thread is in no way intended to hurt the company Fry's, I feel bringing this issue up betters the company even more than to have a very rude lady who may be rude to other associates and customers.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's to file bankruptcy
    Fry's owns First Electronic Corporation dba First Electronic Bank aka Fry's Credit Card
    Prediction: Fry's to go Bankrupt or Go Private or Be Sold
    FRYS BURBANK,CA BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE/ASST./PIC MANAGERS
    Get it over with: bankrupt Fry's by starting a Union
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    My question is how does knowing what County you are in verify any information.. I mean I know they ask stuff about who is their home loan through and such.. but what county you are in????  

But I had a customer who had a question on which bank financed their home... of course they gave her 4 options... none of which were the bank... of course she guessed one that she financed with before considering she didn't know there was a none of the above option.. but long story short.. they couldn't take the unit home with them that day.. But I talked to them and apologized and still kept things nice.. They eventually came back in a week or two after they got their physical card and purchased the items.. As a salesperson, they should have diffused the situation in a different manner.. I bet the salesperson was standing their pissed and huffy because they were not going to use another card for their purchase.. I bet considering that since the salesperson was still standing there that it would make the salesperson a lot of commission.. My take is that the salesperson should have diffused the situation and they customer may have not stormed off.. but then again the call lady shouldn't have been yelling..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    You should take her name and report her for being unprofessional in front of a customer.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    Joshua: As a cashier, my goal is to get Fry's card most of the day- and to me, it's almost like a game to me. So I got somebody to apply for Fry's card (with his wife) today with their TV they were going to buy and finance, and the sales associate next to me which they were instantly approved for a very high amount.  

While applying, I usually talk to my customers, so it's not just like they are applying for Fry's card and working with the application- they are actually receiving a little customer service. Apparently, this guy had just moved to our area because of his job, and so he was pretty much starting up a new life... blah blah blah... His ID still contains his old address.  

So we set them up with the promo plan and it gives me that pop up that says, call Fry's bank, something about the security and I need an approval code. I've had before once, which went by really smooth and quick, just had to give the customer the phone and have them answer a few questions- no problem.  

This time, I call Fry's bank, the lady , asks for my name. I tell her, Joshua... then ask for associate number. I give to her my associate number. After that, she asked if I could go on hold, no problem. I was on hold for 20 minutes! The sales associate next to me is like, WTF is going on, this is taking so long. We pull out our cellphones and call with our own cellphones and she finally responds on the phone- thank goodness. So she apologizes and what not for the long wait, which doesn't really help cause the customer has been waiting for 20 minutes, but we still move on. I pass over the phone to the customer and they ask him a few questions, and apparently, he doesn't know that we live in the Alameda county, which is one of the questions she asks him!  

She denies him the use of the Fry's card and wont give me the code to do his transaction, for a Fry's card he was just approved of. This is probably the second time ever I've had to call Fry's bank... so I ask her for my available options "Is there other security questions you might be able to ask him, that would be enough to verify who he is?" No. "Would there be anyway I could give my phone to my supervisor to verify, he just applied, or if we could speak to your supervisor?" BAM!  

This lady , goes nuts and yells at me, while she is on speakers... in front of the customer, the sales associate, and other customers around. I instantly turn red in fury. I understand that she was simply doing her job, security for the customer is good, but I want to see what options we had other than to just say "That's too bad, try next time." The man just applied for Fry's card, he gets denied to use it after a 20 minute wait. The customer is mad, the sales associate is mad she wont get her sale, and I'm mad cause this lady just disrespected me over the phone. She asks if she can speak to my supervisor then, so I give it to my supervisor who was nearby, he just listens to her and says okay a few times... then hangs up. The customer and his wife is very mad, at me and the sales associate (and Fry's), and storms out.  

It was instantly after that I was told I can't tell the lady what to do over the phone. I had to argue back a little bit with my supervisor, and tell him that I DID NOT tell her what to do... I was being constructive to the situation and ASKED QUESTIONS merely seeing what available options we had in the interest of the company. Nobody ever told me I couldn't ask the bank questions, in an appropriate manner which I did... I didn't hassle her, or yell at her, I asked her a few question- for her to yell at me was embarrassing for the company, and made us lose the sale. If she had not yelled at me, the customer probably would have used his other card no problem- financing it would have been nice.  

About 10 minutes later, I'm still mad- trying not to show it and smile, but still furiously red in the face, so I had to pull one of my "stronger" supervisors aside, so she called back Fry's bank and got the lady's name for me.  

Seeing as I have 's name now, who disrespected and yelled at me, which directly hurt the company's sales- which can possibly do this in the future, how should I use this name to better the company? Does Fry's bank record what people say over the phone- I hope so. It doesn't matter how wrong it was of me to question her, she had no right to yell and disrespect me. It's lucky that I don't want to be fired from Fry's or am just plain stupid, because I held my temper in (though I did turn red, which was funny most people said), I stayed professional. She could have done a simple "May I please speak to your supervisor?" If I can't do anything with it from here, I sure hope somebody from the home office could take a look into this... I wont lie, this lady definitely did a good job with the security and all- I have no doubt she's good at her job, but she needs an attitude fix up.  

What makes me mad most, is that I give every customer an opportunity to apply for Fry's card, and am usually top gun at my store- I practically give business to this lady... With less Fry's card, this lady probably wouldn't even have a job. She needs to treat associates and customers with better respect, because we are her bread and butter. Sure, I am just one associate, but who's to say that she doesn't treat other like this? It's common for every 1 complaint there is, 10 other customers (or associates in this case) have the same complaint and chose not to bring it up.  

edit: I've edited out the lady's name... all I need to know is how to file my complaint or what should I do with this name... not make her public, even though she was awful to me. This thread is in no way intended to hurt the company Fry's, I feel bringing this issue up betters the company even more than to have a very rude lady who may be rude to other associates and customers.

People are just idiots. How do you not know which county you live in? When you sign a lease or mortgage the name of the county is usually at the very top. What the hell? Not knowing who your mortgage company is? That is like not knowing what car you drive!!! Why are people always in la-la land?
  3.  permalink
    Joshua: As a cashier, my goal is to get Fry's card most of the day- and to me, it's almost like a game to me. So I got somebody to apply for Fry's card (with his wife) today with their TV they were going to buy and finance, and the sales associate next to me which they were instantly approved for a very high amount.  

Joshua, let me give you are a piece of advice. Stop trying so hard, especially when its not part of your job description...you dont work for Frys underwriting dept so dont tell them how to do their jobs!!! This situation should serve as a lesson as to what happens when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong...it could have ended up even worse especially if that woman on the phone were a higher up on the corp. ladder.
  4.  permalink
    I stopped asking for frys cards about 2 years ago. Waste of time.
  5.  permalink
    meinside100:Joshua, let me give you are a piece of advice. Stop trying so hard, especially when its not part of your job description...you dont work for Frys underwriting dept so dont tell them how to do their jobs!!! This situation should serve as a lesson as to what happens when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong...it could have ended up even worse especially if that woman on the phone were a higher up on the corp. ladder.

I did not tell anybody what to do or how to do their job. I was just asking what available options we had for the customer- instead of just hanging up and telling the customer too bad. Before asking the lady, how would I know what the customer could do about it, it was some pretty simple questions- I didn't demand or tell anybody to do anything. If that lady happened to be somebody high up on the corporate ladder, she was very unprofessional.  

I don't care about what I did, because I felt I handled it very professional- and followed all of Fry's philosophies (which is a part of my job description.) The problem is that lady, she was extremely embarrassing... I wouldn't be surprised if she yelled and insulted at other cashiers and customers over the phone- probably more sales lost right there.  

I get the feeling you have a reading problem. If you don't understand on what's going on, you probably shouldn't post your thoughts again unless you feel like spamming. You're trolling here.
  6.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: I stopped asking for frys cards about 2 years ago. Waste of time.

You must have a nice DM, because at the store I worked our DM wrote you up every week you didn't get one...we litterly lost people within 2-3 weeks of being hired because of Frys cards despite they were never late and did their jobs. Signs of a POS company
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited
    Joshua:
    meinside100:Joshua, let me give you are a piece of advice. Stop trying so hard, especially when its not part of your job description...you dont work for Frys underwriting dept so dont tell them how to do their jobs!!! This situation should serve as a lesson as to what happens when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong...it could have ended up even worse especially if that woman on the phone were a higher up on the corp. ladder.

I did not tell anybody what to do or how to do their job. I was just asking what available options we had for the customer- instead of just hanging up and telling the customer too bad. Before asking the lady, how would I know what the customer could do about it, it was some pretty simple questions- I didn't demand or tell anybody to do anything. If that lady happened to be somebody high up on the corporate ladder, she was very unprofessional.  

I don't care about what I did, because I felt I handled it very professional- and followed all of Fry's philosophies (which is a part of my job description.) The problem is that lady, she was extremely embarrassing... I wouldn't be surprised if she yelled and insulted at other cashiers and customers over the phone- probably more sales lost right there.  

I get the feeling you have a reading problem. If you don't understand on what's going on, you probably shouldn't post your thoughts again unless you feel like spamming. You're trolling here.

If there were other ways to get him approved, I'm sure she would have mentioned them before you even asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    Joshua:

Another thing, before you go around telling people they have "problems" you should look at yourself. Here you are posting stuff about the company you work for, using your NAME AND PICTURE, on a website that is clearly for the most part is anti-Frys and in which Fry's legal department has tried in the past to shut down. NOT SMART!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

I feel you dude. There's a lot of people out there like that.  
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-19881097-first-electronic-bank-sandy  
    You're not the only one dissatisfied. What kind of a bank doesn't even have a website? Jeez.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
  7.  permalink
    haha a similar thing happened to me. I was on hold trying to get an aproval code from the fry's bank for over 25 minutes when finally someone picks up, with an attitude. she asks for store number,associate number/name... reason for call and i tell her i have a customer with a 5,300 dollar credit line that needs to make 2 transactions. 1 for the 2 financible items the other on interest.... the sale was almost all his credit line. so she asks him the questions. that she puts me on hold 1 more time... and then the machine hangs up on me...causing me to loose a 5 g sale.....sad
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    Sasquatch:  
    You're not the only one dissatisfied. What kind of a bank doesn't even have a website? Jeez.

this. aaaand let alone force the customer make card payments BY MAILING PERSONAL CHECKS ONLY. of course this was a couple of years ago. they may have upgraded by then.  

or not.  

ALSO, ive lost quite a number of fry's card sales that the customer initially gets approved for credit on the sales floor POS, but only to have it effed up by the time they are checking out (because the customer cant recall the name of his next door neighbors dog at the house he lived 10 years ago, or whatever dumbshit question the bank has for them an hour later in front checkout)
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: http://www.ibanknet.com/scripts/callreports/getbank.aspx?ibnid=usa_2947556  

They're noobs.

Yeah they are noobs and they are owned by Frys.  

It list their website as www.fryscrcom? Well its actually http://www.fryscredit.com  

here is the actual First Electronic Bank domain registration:  
    http://whois.domaintools.com/fryscredit.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    My advice would be to make sure your stronger supervisor knows about it, which it sounds like is the case. You need to let it go, though. Your purpose is admirable, but it doesn't really sound worth pursing more than you already have. If you feel that strongly, you can write a Tell Randy with the detailed info.  

About meinside100's comment, just be smart about what you type. Be careful with the letting off steam posts.
  8.  permalink
    meinside100:Another thing, before you go around telling people they have "problems" you should look at yourself. Here you are posting stuff about the company you work for, using your NAME AND PICTURE, on a website that is clearly for the most part is anti-Frys and in which Fry's legal department has tried in the past to shut down. NOT SMART!!!!!!

fryguy: My advice would be to make sure your stronger supervisor knows about it, which it sounds like is the case. You need to let it go, though. Your purpose is admirable, but it doesn't really sound worth pursing more than you already have. If you feel that strongly, you can write a Tell Randy with the detailed info.  

About meinside100's comment, just be smart about what you type. Be careful with the letting off steam posts.

Meh, I'm fair to all though I shouldn't even bother reading his posts, it's not constructive at all.  

Meinside100, I see nothing wrong or stupid with my name being posted up on here. Most of my posts and threads are usually in the best interest of the company, asking on strategies of how to get Fry's card, what should I do if I want to be a supervisor, my day as a delivery person... and so on.  

Even this post here, I find it is towards the positive side. For one, I'm not even complaining about all of Fry's bank, only one lady who I even admirably left her anonymous. If somebody higher up in the ladder had the opportunity to read this- I'm sure they would notice that this is a post suggesting that the bankers should work on their attitude a little more, regardless if they are over the phone or not. Attitude like this directly hurts the company, and needs to be made aware of or else the company will be even more further in hurt. I know the way I posted it almost seemed to be more revengeful towards the lady (asking what I should do about her name), but at the same time, it'll help handle the situation and may fix the problem.  

Fryguy, you seem to know what you are talking about. I'll go with your idea since it does seem to be the most reasonable and fair thing to do. Those Tell Randy notes weren't just left there for nothing ;). I'm a little more relaxed as it is a new day- if I have complaints, I (try to) never make it in the same day of the situation or I may do something silly... I like your approach the best. Thanks very much for the advice, it is appreciated!
  9.  permalink

Wow that is jacked up. I would definatly feel the same way you do right now. I had a almost similar situtation where the customer didn't answer the questions right and was denied the credit charge. He demanded to speak to the manager. Of course he got the pic. He was even more mad. While he was waiting for our SM he was yelling at me, my cashier, the sales associate and the pic. He was saying the typical BS like " your wasting my time. I make more in an hour then you do in a week" and the one that pissed me off the most " I'm gonna have you damn manager mow my lawn and 2 as well" He pointed at me and my cashier. I laugh at it now but back then I got super upset and cried. It was my first week as a supervisor and never seen a customer ever freak out like that. But after he made that comment I ran to the training room cause I was so upset.  

At least you can do something with your situtation. Mine was a customer that pissed me off, yours a fry's bank associate. Talk to one of your managers and see what you can do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    You should have asked him, "Sir, if you make so much, why the hell are you applying for a Fry's card?"
  10.  permalink
    Sasquatch: You should have asked him, "Sir, if you make so much, why the hell are you applying for a Fry's card?"

Exactly, most people who brag about having money tend not to have any.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Sasquatch: You should have asked him, "Sir, if you make so much, why the hell are you applying for a Fry's card?"

meinside100:

Damn straight.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    AyaHu:

meinside100:

Damn straight.

I have $60 right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    gossipgirl025:He was saying the typical BS like " your wasting my time. I make more in an hour then you do in a week"

*rolls eyes* You should have just said in the most sarcastic voice... "OH OH You make so much more money than I do.. That makes you so very fucking special that I *MUST* just bow down to you and do whatever the hell you tell me to do.."  

Fucking Elitist.. Why do people think that just because they make more than you do, think that they are more superior especially to a point where anyone below them should do stuff for them?  

So what if you make more... doesn't make me care more.. So what, you were able to goto college.. med school and such and earn a good degree and make money.. Your parents probably paid your way through also.. and you didn't have to deal with a lot of problems in your life besides what credit card to use.. Sorry but sometimes it's ok to fire a customer.. :)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  12.  permalink
    someone:
    gossipgirl025:He was saying the typical BS like " your wasting my time. I make more in an hour then you do in a week"

*rolls eyes* You should have just said in the most sarcastic voice... "OH OH You make so much more money than I do.. That makes you so very fucking special that I *MUST* just bow down to you and do whatever the hell you tell me to do.."  

Fucking Elitist.. Why do people think that just because they make more than you do, think that they are more superior especially to a point where anyone below them should do stuff for them?  

So what if you make more... doesn't make me care more.. So what, you were able to goto college.. med school and such and earn a good degree and make money.. Your parents probably paid your way through also.. and you didn't have to deal with a lot of problems in your life besides what credit card to use.. Sorry but sometimes it's ok to fire a customer.. :)

People are like that because no one has ever stood up to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Doesnt Frys have the signs "We have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime"?Superhero!
  13.  permalink
    AyaHu: Doesnt Frys have the signs "We have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime"?

Never seen it before. If there's a problem though, it's easy to pass it up to the next person (higher position) who may be able to handle the matter much better.
  14.  permalink
    AyaHu: Doesnt Frys have the signs "We have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime"?

I did see the manager at the store I worked at kick out a guy for being rude to him.