Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    caught on camera riding on a girls hood. called to asm office. he responded " you could catch me on tape doing something childish but you couldn't catch those individuals who broke into 5 cars that very same morning in the associate parking lot".... funny yet unfair
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    its because its easier for LP to get paid like 10x more if they catch employees for misconduct, rather than get paid 10x less busting some dude stealing a hard drive  

...or investigating employees cars getting broken into or even stolen. even if they most likely have it on tape they cant be bothered with that stuff. theyre too busy monitoring the employees for internal theft cause thats where the serious LP money comes in.
  2.  permalink
    That's one big issue because it diverts the focus of the LPs to be concentrated on what the Associates on the floor are doing rather than suspicious customers and associates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Horseplay will not be tolerated. This guy got a five day because safety is the number one thing LP cares about and it cost the most money to resolve.
  3.  permalink
    Of course it is in the companies best interest to protect their money if the associate was to hurt themselves. I heard of dumb things like robbers breaking into somebody's house and also breaking their arm, and sue the person they were robbing. Fry's needs to protect themselves from things like that.  

At the same time though, it's safety for the employees.  

At my school, some dude was riding on the top of his brothers car and his brother took a turn too sharp. The guy fell on his face and wouldn't get back up, the ambulance had to come and pick him up... I don't know the results, but it didn't look good at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    I thought this was about someone who did something completely outside of work.. meaning not on Fry's Property.. I'm guessing was still in "uniform" as well.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    bmode13: caught on camera riding on a girls hood. called to asm office. he responded " you could catch me on tape doing something childish but you couldn't catch those individuals who broke into 5 cars that very same morning in the associate parking lot".... funny yet unfair

Nah, if you dissect the post, it was done on Fry's property.  

"you could catch me on tape doing something childish" meaning they caught him on tape doing this.  

and  

"you couldn't catch those individuals who broke into 5 cars that very same morning in the associate parking lot" right in the associate parking lot.  

It was done on Fry's property. He's lucky that he just got a five day and not instantly fired, that was very generous of Fry's. What he did was extremely stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Joshua:
    bmode13: caught on camera riding on a girls hood. called to asm office. he responded " you could catch me on tape doing something childish but you couldn't catch those individuals who broke into 5 cars that very same morning in the associate parking lot".... funny yet unfair

"you could catch me on tape doing something childish" meaning they caught him on tape doing this.  

and  

"you couldn't catch those individuals who broke into 5 cars that very same morning in the associate parking lot" right in the associate parking lot.  

It was done on Fry's property. He's lucky that he just got a five day and not instantly fired, that was very generous of Fry's. What he did was extremely stupid.

A 5-day is a instant fire.. they pretty much say you abandoned your job because you didn't show up for 3 days in a row.. even though you couldn't because you were suspended.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  5.  permalink
    someone:
    Joshua:

and  

A 5-day is a instant fire.. they pretty much say you abandoned your job because you didn't show up for 3 days in a row.. even though you couldn't because you were suspended.

Oh, interesting- didn't know that. Well, he deserved it. I can understand how other people find this is a problem, but it's because they don't understand that what he did was wrong.
  6.  permalink

Wow 5 day is a bit much isn't it? I understand the whole saftey aspect of it but the man was off the clock. At least a 3 day. Plus San Marcos has way worse but I guess if its not a saftey hazard cause LP never 5 dayed anyone. But then again they might have enjoyed the videos since they were sex tapes of associates doing it in their cars after hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    Ahh, hormones.
  7.  permalink
    "theyre too busy monitoring the employees for internal theft cause thats where the serious LP money comes in."

The FBI calls employee theft "the fastest growing crime in America. Employee dishonesty and theft costs U.S. business over $50 billion dollars annually. National estimates show that 75% of all employees steal from their employers at least once throughout their careers. The same statistics show that at least half of these 75% steal multiple times from their employer. 67% of theft is due to employee theft ---> so gee, wonder why they are so busy monitoring employees?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    True, but customers are easier to catch. Employees have to be monitored all day, several days a week. A suspicious looking customer may only be in the store for ten or twenty minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009 edited
    Was the misconduct while he was working outside or while he was off the clock? Because if he was off the clock, there should be no grounds for 5-day-suspension or termination.  

I'll admit, it was extremely stupid and unsafe, but Fry's should not be responsible for what employees do during non-work hours. I think that would be a 1 or three day suspension at the most, not termination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    WWRD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    If you are on Frys property in Frys uniform, you are a representative of Frys and misconduct anywhere could have negative effects for the company. Or Im sure thats what they write in the pages you sign when you get hired.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    AyaHu: If you are on Frys property in Frys uniform, you are a representative of Frys and misconduct anywhere could have negative effects for the company. Or Im sure thats what they write in the pages you sign when you get hired.

Except that Fry's doesn't actually have a uniform, just a name-tag. So if you take your name-tag off and act like an idiot in the parking lot after hours, it shouldn't be seen as a reflection on Fry's because no one (at least not any customer) should be able to tell that you work there. Now if you are performing work duties (like safety sweep) on the clock, with your badge on and decide to mess around, then, yeah there are definite problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    AyaHu: If you are on Frys property in Frys uniform, you are a representative of Frys and misconduct anywhere could have negative effects for the company. Or Im sure thats what they write in the pages you sign when you get hired.

•  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    A 5-day is a instant fire.. they pretty much say you abandoned your job because you didn't show up for 3 days in a row.. even though you couldn't because you were suspended.

The reason they do a "5 day" is because every firing has to be approved by home office. That's why it takes 5 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    it still on fry's property  

a while ago, there was drama between a cashier's girlfriend and a male and female cashier (who were dating)  

they were arguing and almost fought in the parking lot  

all three of them got 5 day and firedLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    What were they arguing about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: What were they arguing about?

Tacoma and Tercel are dating... and Sentra was flirting with Tercel. So there was this huge argument.
  8.  permalink
    Are we talking about cars?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009 edited
    Are those real names?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    AyaHu: Are those real names?

I imagine they are real based on people naming their children Lexus and Mercedes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    But at least those are slightly vaguely classy cars.Superhero!