Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    My manager always finds disco products and hides them and even discounts them even further isn't this illegal and also a conflict of interest?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    flea: My manager always finds disco products and hides them and even discounts them even further isn't this illegal and also a conflict of interest?

Mostly supervisors do this. They have the master list of discounted products and usually its their job to find them and bring them out to the floor. But most of the time they stash them somewhere for the price to drop even more to a point where can can afford it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2126
    How is this fair to customers like me who want to get a good deal on products? Plus why would management need to do this if they make good money? Sounds like greedy managers@!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    heres a tip there is a tv in one of the returns departments which is still a demo item for the last 3 years last i checked it was 50$ out the door.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: heres a tip there is a tv in one of the returns departments which is still a demo item for the last 3 years last i checked it was 50$ out the door.

lol.. i should go buy it.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    you can but they will call it a demo and say its not for sale ........ yes the now 4 year old demo of the bygone era of tube tv.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    In the stores where I've seen some of the inner workings, this kind of thing usually doesn't happen. Sure a supervisor might know of a discontinued price before other associates, but it doesn't mean its necessarily a conflict of interest. It is a conflict if the supervisor has a direct hand in setting the price and then buys it, but if the disco price is set by home office, then the sup didn't affect that.  

If a supervisor is doing this, it should be punished. Managers I have seen that have marked down prices usually remove themselves from the ability to purchase an item. If they don't then they're a bad manager.  

I don't necessarily believe its a bad thing to give employees a first crack at some old products. Back in the day when components carried refurbished Abit boards, and they went cheap, the supervisor over there offered them to associates in other departments (and his own sales guys) first. This way he knew he could get them out the door and they'd stay out in the hands of an associate instead of having a product bought and returned 18 times and it become something that he'd have to have crushed.  

It is what it is, and it can be one of the small perks of working in retail. But there are cautious waters that the supervisors and managers must walk between setting prices for their own benefit. I've also seen plenty of plain jane customers get the same discontinued prices that the associates can get, and I've also seen amazing managers limit or prohibit associate purchases on certain items.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    :face-smile: discounts :face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....