Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009 edited
    Besides the removal of fleas account what other great ideas or recommendations would you like to see on this site?  
    The site is growing and very fast we have nearly tripled the amount of traffic to the site since this time last year.  

- Luisaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  1.  permalink
    Maybe slight rule enforcment, and moderators, to ensure posters safety. A lot of this stuff can go way out of hand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    Joshua: Maybe slight rule enforcment, and moderators, to ensure posters safety. A lot of this stuff can go way out of hand.

I think the active moderators are Ayahu and Sasquatch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    more interesting set of smiley's maybe but not necessary ....... we need a logo :face-smile: possibly a sizzling chip in a saucepan ??Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    This site loads slower than any site I've seen.  

For a site that's only a simple board, it loads at a snails pace. Speed it up? Go to phpBB? Anything to make it faster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    its not that slow infact it isnt really slow at all check your settings scan your computer install firefox.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Joshua: Maybe slight rule enforcment, and moderators, to ensure posters safety. A lot of this stuff can go way out of hand.

http://frysforum.com/discussion/655
  2.  permalink
    If people are going to post rumors then they better have something to back it up. If not. Then they get banned. They also can't just start posting random topics that they are just guessing about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The mobile site could use some refinement.  
    Keep threads on one page.  
    Extend moderator abilities- Let us ban spammers, etc.  
    Option to disable the viewing of emoticons.  
    Disable Guest, or make it harder to post from Guest. Hopefully this will limit the amount of worthless posts.  
    Email notification on receipt of PM.  
    Ability to flag posts that blatantly violate our few rules. Option for automatic, anonymous email notification to moderators in the event a post is flagged.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    flagging is good but should just flag moderators of the issue and when you do flag it should make you state a reason for flagging so it isnt just blatant flagging because x hates y.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: flagging is good but should just flag moderators of the issue and when you do flag it should make you state a reason for flagging so it isnt just blatant flagging because x hates y.

Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    also in a different post i made can we ban all the highschool junk ex: he did, she did, hes a hoe, shes a he, they are ugly, etc......... please me and obi will like this im sure.  

along with anyone that cannot find THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON oR pOsTs LiKe ThIs  

all bans unless warranted should have an email sent with a reason and a good one and the poster must first have had a warning.  

after this ban if they dont straighten out can we send their ip address to frys and can we reveal their names on this forum?? please it will increase the national unemployment levels but it will give opportunity, to all the other bottom feeders to go to the top of fried, at the same time so we would be doing the community a favor. :face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    how about wiki like moderation everyone is a check and balance or a di gg like site where we can bury posts for whatever reason
  3.  permalink
    I'm having trouble with the message system too. I propose that it's updated. Maybe I just need help with it, but it couldn't hurt to see if there's a better way for it to tell me that I have a message such as a pop up or at the top next to messages it say "messages (1)" when having a message or something. Somebody sent me a message and I didn't notice till like 2-3 weeks later.  

I support the more smiley faces idea.
  4.  permalink
    This site should be about what you do or don't like about Fry's. You shouldn't be allowed to make personal attacks on specific people. If you have something to say to someone, be man or woman enough to say it to their faces, not hiding behind your computer, acting like a little kid. Grow the fuck up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep agreed with joshs post i just noticed he messaged me some time ago.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: The mobile site could use some refinement.  
    Keep threads on one page.  
    Extend moderator abilities- Let us ban spammers, etc.  
    Option to disable the viewing of emoticons.  
    Disable Guest, or make it harder to post from Guest. Hopefully this will limit the amount of worthless posts.  
    Email notification on receipt of PM.  
    Ability to flag posts that blatantly violate our few rules. Option for automatic, anonymous email notification to moderators in the event a post is flagged.

Agree with all of these  

Suzukiman: also in a different post i made can we ban all the highschool junk ex: he did, she did, hes a hoe, shes a he, they are ugly, etc......... please me and obi will like this im sure.  

along with anyone that cannot find THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON oR pOsTs LiKe ThIs  

all bans unless warranted should have an email sent with a reason and a good one and the poster must first have had a warning.  

after this ban if they dont straighten out can we send their ip address to frys and can we reveal their names on this forum?? please it will increase the national unemployment levels but it will give opportunity, to all the other bottom feeders to go to the top of fried, at the same time so we would be doing the community a favor. :face-devil-grin:

No, the high school junk is good. People who use direct full names, or are constantly flaming or open multiple threads about it, they should be banned or deleted, but others are fine. Just because someone cant spell doesnt make them an outcast. Most of us are far too intelligent to insult. Where's the fun in that?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I hate mornings: This site should be about what you do or don't like about Fry's. You shouldn't be allowed to make personal attacks on specific people. If you have something to say to someone, be man or woman enough to say it to their faces, not hiding behind your computer, acting like a little kid. Grow the fuck up.

Without using a full name, I disagree, it should be open. To make it a dislike and like would be giving it a niche, and Frysforum appeals to a far more vast population otherwise. This is where employees can come to vent or rant about their craptacular supervisors. And it shouldnt change.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ok ok so the excessive highschool junk then.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: ok ok so the excessive highschool junk then.

Sure, Ill vote for that.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sweet. This post was powere by caffinated sludge from the superautomatica in the breakroom. its 5 :25 here.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Users should be able to label topics as highschool junk. Then we can set up our filters to not show certain categories.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    that would be really good.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    asdf: Users should be able to label topics as highschool junk. Then we can set up our filters to not show certain categories.

But if they choose that then it should send them directly to myspace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Maybe we should have an actual categorized forum structure...Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    AyaHu: Maybe we should have an actual categorized forum structure...

I like that. Like a "General Discussion" forum, a "Talk About Fry's" forum, "Products" forum, and other various things. Then the topics would be more split up and organized, easy to find as well.  

I support!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I think it would be categorized more like "Rants" "Drama" "Customer Complaints" "Other"Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    You should bring me in as a mod.. ;) :P ok maybe just have joking.. but wouldn't mind doing so.. and btw.. I'm not as new as everyone may think.. I just changed id's to hide my identity.. :)  

but I would suggest a more anonymous moderator structure...especially if you plan on stricter rule control.. keeps them from knowing "who to attack" ;)  

Mod 1, Mod 2...etcHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    No one knew I was a mod....Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    AyaHu: No one knew I was a mod....

I did... but that was only because I been here for awhile and read about it.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I did too because i kept rooting up zombie posts.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

http://frysforum.com/categories/  

It's just poorly implemented.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch:

http://frysforum.com/categories/  

It's just poorly implemented.

What should be the suggested categories? Lets build one right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    can we have a ranking system so we can all have silly meaningless titles make them funny though like someone who posts the most gets the lable resident forum troll sass could have bigfoot aya could have officer in uniform ???? dont ban me ........ :face-monkey: etcLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    People who are at the edge of getting banned has a label "Don't ban me"? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    :face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    not too bad a voting thin will have to be moderated closely though else it may turn into a banning war between factions ... I mean shelling all the loaner stores that are outside of gaulleefourneeuh will be fun but they mightban a couple of our troops in the meantime (cant trust the canadian mounty types ..... *looks at asdf's pic* ........ oh .......... mounties are cool ... er cold ..... cool cool cool):face-monkey:  
    and since this is the news category i just found there are other categoriesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    When people start discussions they never actually choose a category. Everything is News to everyone really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    man thats news to me ............

typical_cricket.gif
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    damn tough crowdLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Where is everyone at?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i dont know party at fries?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009 edited
    Hello just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions, I am currently busy working on a new project but will be looking forward to implement these new changes on the site within a couple of weeks:  

- A new site logo (sponsored by ayahu and another member of the site)  
    Users will be able to vote for the final site logo  
    - better categories (let us know what categories we should have)  
    - automated moderation and voting and the ability to hide and label comments  
    - a message counter on messages (Private Messaging)  
    - voting system where users can be banned  
    - voting system for bad commens can be hidden if they are bad  
    - more community moderation features  
    - people can be ranked and labeled  
    - discussions can be labled as "high school" or "crap"Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  7.  permalink
    Why do I get the feeling that I'll be banned soon, lol?
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009 edited
    Joshua: Why do I get the feeling that I'll be banned soon, lol?

Because you are a tool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009 edited
    well thats why i say the ultimate banning is decided by a neutral party or parties like a 2/3rds vote from the board and we could have a topic for the local bannings ..... it would be like going to the gallows back in the sixteen hundreds  

ayahu ive got photoshop cs3 if anything needs doing with the logos.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    bbl
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    bbl????Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I have photoshop cs3 master and flash cs4 so I'm good.Superhero!